Tutorial Installing mods for Starbound 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by The | Suit, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megaman X Fusion

Megaman X Fusion Void-Bound Voyager

" if its a folder mod , just drag the folder in same folder (mod)"

Results in crash after 'chuckle'.

2. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

So maybe your mod havent the good version ? , many many mod are outdated cuz before 1.0 , check weel version history and post date.

3. Megaman X Fusion

Megaman X Fusion Void-Bound Voyager

Confirmed; Version was issue.

4. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Nice ^^ hope you'll find a correct version.

5. Vladimier

Vladimier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe iam just dumb but i cant find the .pak files in mod folders,i get a MODINFO file saying pak tho. Iam not sure if i extracted the mods correctly or something

6. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If you are getting any modinfo files, then it's extremely likely that the mod you are attempting to install is well out of date and shouldn't be installed regardless.

7. Vladimier

Vladimier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thats concerning , the strange part is i downloaded them after they updated for 1.0

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The mod author is likely not aware of 1.0 changes.
    You should inform them.

Vladimier likes this.
  9. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

How do you unpack the assets in 1.0? I've been having trouble with doing and I'd like to look inside the assets to see how they work.

10. The | Suit

The method of unpacking has not changed.
    If you are having trouble doing it the manual way - you can try one of the community tools.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/modding.111/?prefix_id=66

11. __X__

__X__ Big Damn Hero

i putted the pak.files in the mod folder but they didnt load

12. The | Suit

Do you have a link to this mod?

13. Mackinz

Excuse me? In either of your choices, you are free from blame even though, speaking from experience, roughly 99% of mod installation issues are the direct result of user error. Perhaps you glossed over something important? Perhaps the Elithian Races Mod page (aka Avikan race mod) says something along the lines of:

...and you ignored that?

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/elithian-races-mod.3019/

Not every mod in the mod repository is compatibile withthe current version of Starbound. It's a general rule that any mod which was last updated a long time before the current version of the game should not be considered outright compatible with the game - there are some exceptions but that is true 98% of the time.

jonathonspy likes this.
  14. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Maybe the mod version and your SB version dont match , do you have a link for the mod ?

15. LazyBoness

LazyBoness Void-Bound Voyager

I in my commons bin I only see Team Fortress 2 (the game I play most). Am I doing something wrong?

All I can find in my common folder is Team Fortress 2. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
  16. The | Suit

Please do not spam - this not a chat room it is a forum. Answers can take hours to days to be received. Posting every few minutes will only get you into trouble.

Go to Steam
    Right click on Starbound
    Properties
    Local Files ( tab )
    Browse local files

jonathonspy likes this.
  17. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

i have attempted to download a steam workshop mod, however the only thing in my steam downloads is workshop content for the unstable version, which isnt even downloading...

18. Mackinz

If you hit Subscribe and wait, your download should start automatically without issue.

19. jo1152

jo1152 Space Spelunker

I have one question. where do i get the steam file? do i make it myself? do i need to have starbound before trying to download the mod? plz help

20. Solsolis

Solsolis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I try to install the Frackin' Music addon:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/frackin-music.2284/
    I downloaded the .zip from Github, unzipped it, but in that zip there is several files and folders.
    So, I have to manually make a folder inside my mod folder, and put those files and folders inside the created folder? Am I right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.