Digital The Dawn of Two Suns (A Starbound Comic)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Absurdisan, Jan 18, 2014.

1. JSG6155

JSG6155 Void-Bound Voyager

Humored. I have heard the word "rigmarole" used only three other times in my life. It is an awesome word.

2. Mega flapper

Mega flapper Existential Complex

I love this comic! Excellent job! :p

Absurdisan likes this.
  3. Absurdisan

Absurdisan Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks a lot! Don't hesitate to get a suggestion in if you want.

Alright guys, I'll be starting work on the next page this weekend, so if you've got a clothing suggestion for Ankaa or Corvus or both, get it in! It can be anything from 80s leg warmers to scifi visors to medieval gauntlets.

That's not to say I'll be finishing the next page this weekend, so you'll have a little bit more time if you're still not sure, but the clock is ticking!

Also you are all awesome, as always.

ZAYABUCKET, Alkanthe and Mega flapper like this.
  4. Fireyman56

Fireyman56 Void-Bound Voyager

==> Ankaa finds a full set of bandits armor and the predatory back (the floran back spikes)
    ==> Corvis finds a brain slug

Absurdisan likes this.
  5. Blurkeisaname

Blurkeisaname Void-Bound Voyager

It's been almost a month that I have created this profile to leave a comment. This is what I hoped would happen. Do you have any idea how rare it is? To have your hopes fit reality? Rarer still, to actually have a part to play? I reiterate my previous statement twenty three times over! But I'll stop my chuckles for a while and catch the big fish. You are awesome. There is no denying that fact. I wouldn't have held it against you if you went. But, Dude, Man, Bro. Am I sure glad you stayed. And though it may be a bit late, I may as well make a suggestion, though it's alright if you don't use it.

Since I haven't seen anyone mention a hat I'll suggest that Corvus will find a tophat with a white stripe or a bowler cap with a yellow stripe and agonize over the decision, while Ankaa finds a fedora with a blue stripe.

Keep up the awesome work regardless.

Post Script. And no I still haven't learned my lesson. I'm typing this past FIVE ante meridium. I will never learn. But that's something I'll live to regret later. For now, I'll stay up all night 'til the sun and it's twin sails over the horizon.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Inf_Wolf14, Absurdisan and Alkanthe like this.
  6. SparklySheep

SparklySheep Void-Bound Voyager

Oh hey this is being updated again. Cool beans.

Absurdisan and Alkanthe like this.
  7. UnexplainedKiller

UnexplainedKiller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

8. Absurdisan

Oooh they're so dapper! Kickass art, it's always awesome to see other people's takes on Ankaa and Corvus, and thanks for the kind words.

You aren't too late, and yes they absolutely can change their hair styles! So if any of you have hairstyle requests feel free to get them in as well.

9. ZAYABUCKET

ZAYABUCKET Spaceman Spiff

Corvus should wear a samurai helmet & Ankaa should have super saiyan hair.
    Novakid 1.2.png

10. Absurdisan

Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mega flapper, ZAYABUCKET and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Fireyman56

Hey, Absurdian, how close is the next page to being done? Its been over two weeks since you said you started it.

12. Asromega

Asromega Void-Bound Voyager

I love this thread, and want to see more!!! Please make more to this, and don't let it die out!!!

13. Blurkeisaname

Hey now. Before this gets out of hand let's just calm down that kind of talk. There is not yet any cause for alarm. You have to consider the fact that until now, the former mobsters have been effectively naked. Putting on clothing is kind of a big deal, which from experience if you think about it too much, can take hours. The only reason I manage to leave the house at all is because I've limited my wardrobe to effectively one outfit. They're all the same brand, size, color, etc. The only real choice give myself is whether or not I'll wear a jacket. (The answer is yes no matter the circumstances. But this isn't exactly as simple as clothes popping out of existence. He's got to show the warehouse sized pile of clothing or come up with some funny dialogue, depict any schenanigans that go on in a comical fashion with perhaps a small concern of their former professions being revealed before being quickly dismissed and of course Bernie's reaction to whatever clothing they end up choosing. This is all hypothetical of course. I'm not Absurdisan, so I am simply unable to tell you exactly how it may go, and frankly I'd find it funny if I got it right, though with the vagueness of my description, it wouldn't be hard. But enough self-deprecation.

To sum it up, this is a complex scene which needs to be thoroughly envisioned o reach a reasonable result, which also needs to be decided. I'd like to avoid making assumptions but as of this moment, and not too offend by underestimating you Absurdian, but as of this moment this comic is on a reasonable time frame and I would not be surprised or especially dissapointed if it took a while more. That assumption can only be made when compared with my own artistic talent which isn't exactly stunning but is a reasonable neans of measurement.

I shall reiterate. At this time there is no cause for alarm. Calm down.

And go to sleep. It's nearly bloody four in the ante meridian. Oh wai-uredryvetdetjrffryteejwq,.111!1!!1!!1zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

UnexplainedKiller and Alkanthe like this.
  14. Fireyman56

I'm not sure who you are talking about, but I never said I was angry that he hasn't posted it yet, just wanted to know how far he was on it.

15. Blurkeisaname

Sorry, but you misconstrued my intention. Although I realize now that what I said could be misinterpreted as chastisement, it wasn't meant to be and I wasn't accusing you of being mad. It's just that Asromega expressed their fears that the thread might have begun another period of dormancy, and I was just attempting to assauge their concerns. I sincerely apologize if I offended you or anyone else. I'll try to be clearer.

Although to be fair, it would probably help if I stopped typing these when I'm half asleep at three ante meridian. Lessons will never be learned. Apologies again.

16. Absurdisan

No worries guys - it's been slow going because I've gone full nerd and been on a D&D homebrewing kick lately, but I'm on it.

I'd expect this to be more of a monthly thing, just to temper expectations. That said I'm having fun coming up with all these outfits to put them in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Asromega

Asromega Void-Bound Voyager

How about every different picture they wear something different!

Absurdisan and ZAYABUCKET like this.
  18. Blurkeisaname

Well, this is starting to become concerning. I admit that due to a... downgrade in processing power, that I haven't been able to play Starbound recently, which unfortunately means that I haven't had much reason to hang around the forums. I suppose I was just checking in on a whim. I suppose I'll just... Yeah I'll just...Just...I'll be back, I have to prepare something...So... See ya later. *awkwardly but quietly absconds because it's freaking One Ante Meridian and I have important stuff to do tomorrow*

19. JSG6155

JSG6155 Void-Bound Voyager

Concerned. Has this thread become obsolete?

Kazaka likes this.
  20. Nethril

Nethril Aquatic Astronaut

:inspirational: Never!

-don't lose your way plays-

:grossly inspirational:Even if absurdist leaves this tale will not die!
    I know that me and all the other starbounders out there will refuse to let that happen to this shining sand coverd gem!
    It's an epic that won't die..and even if it takes years..even if you me or some weird penguin in a human mech had to...
    THIS COMIC WILL BE MADE AND IT WILL FIGHT ON UNTIL ALL OF ITS INK IS SPILLED AND ITS PAPER CRINKLED
    NEVER SURENDER NEVER GIVE UP! YOU KEEO STABBING AWAY AT THE PAPER TILL ITS FINISHED AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO THWN I WILL AND WHEN IM BURNT OUT ILL PASS IT ON TO AN OTHER UNTIL THIS COMIV REACHES A TRUE CONCLUSION!
    GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! -charges headfirst into a floran encampment- READ THE COMIC DAMN YOU PLANTS

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017