[BBTS] Bronies Beyond the Stars V4.0

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan BBTS, Jan 26, 2014.

1. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

Whoops! Forgot to update you guys on the plush:

20160513_124846.jpg 20160513_124938.jpg 20160515_170833.jpg 20160515_171306.jpg 20160515_171324.jpg

2. firekirby135

firekirby135 Big Damn Hero

3. RedScarWolf

Sugoicoat is done. All hail the snark!

Finished SugarCoat Sideview.JPG SugarCoat Front view.JPG SugarCoat qtr front view.JPG SugarCoat Rear View.JPG SugarCoat Right View.JPG

4. CrudMuffin

CrudMuffin Void-Bound Voyager

What's everyone been doin ere? Lol. Haven't been in for a month or so.

5. RedScarWolf

Plush price is in:
    $391.65
    Wowzer, I'm pleasantly surprised! Definitely a great maker to work with, I highly recommend Drachefrau if you need plush work done.

6. CrudMuffin

Oh crap, 3 hundo? Who's paying for that?

7. RedScarWolf

Me :V
    It's actually really good price when you compare the amount of work that went into the plush to other plush makers. I could easily see Sugar going for five or six hundred if she would have been made by a different maker. I've seen those little tiny plushies (I'm talking like fit in the palm of your hand kind of tiny), that took all of about two or three hours to make, being sold for two hundred bucks or more.
    Here's Sugar's specifics right from the DA page:
    "SugarCoat stands 14.5" (37cm) tall, and is made from minky with machine embroidered cutie marks and eyes. Her hair & tail are made from minky with appliqued colors, and are supported by plastic armature to help them keep their height. Her outfit consists of multiple kinds of fabrics including satin, polyester, and spandex, and is removable (although not recommended, to preserve the details). It has a jacket, skirt, tights, ruffled socks, and shoes. I made the plaid myself, based as close as possible off screenshots from the movie. Her hair barrette, glasses, and shoe buckles are made from InstaMorph, painted, and sealed."

8. CrudMuffin

Huh, an old acquaintance in high school I used to know makes plushies (which is autocorrected to the word "plague" by the way). Side note, we never became friends for the same reason I call people "acquaintances." Anywho, she was pretty decent at it and I could see based on the pay why she felt like it was a good hobby to pursue. I don't get the whole deal with plushies but I feel like what I'm doing is a waste of time compared to just learning the skill of the "plushie trade" and making a slow living out of it. Granted what I'm doing is absolutely nothing so there's nothing much to say about that.

As for you, I hope you and your plushie do well and find a world with magical rainbows and glee and glitter or whatnot. Yes, I'm aware I'm half drunk and singing everything I type. YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO DAD!

9. Pix

Pix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wait, what?

10. ProsaurusRex

ProsaurusRex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whosawhatsit?

11. RedScarWolf

So I'm here at Horsecon:

SkypePhoto_20160708_142326.jpg

The wings are freaking mechanical, she can move them with a remote! Oh, also, Sabersparks.

12. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

I just Realized that this Thread may never reach page 500... scary!
    Guys don't forget that we have a Discord server, come and visit us now and then!
    https://discord.gg/3jnD58k

13. ProsaurusRex

To be fair, the Discord server is the reason we probably won't make 500 anytime soon :p Nothing wrong with that.

14. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

Starbound has been officially released, many mods are in process of being updated, multiplayer is buggier than a forest made of beetles, and this thread is nearly abandoned in favor of the Discord channel.

Anything else?

15. ProsaurusRex

Something something Windows 10 is free until tomorrow something something. I think that's all.

16. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm. I wonder if I should upda-pfft. Nah.

17. RedScarWolf

Well I have an update on my military thinger, Air Force said no cause they don't need no body, so after some digging around I'll be joining the National Guard instead. I'll get the assistance I need for college and then I can transfer to active duty as an Officer in pretty much any branch I want once I get my STEM degree. Whole thing should only take four-ish years at minimum or six at most. Cool part is that I won't have to move since I'll be swearing to the state I live in. Also, I'll get around to posting the remaining Horsecon photos as soon as I get the chance.

Sparksol likes this.
  18. ProsaurusRex

I mean, I did because you can revert and update again later. May as well, I figure.

Hey, that sounds like pretty good news actually. Not having to move is always nice, not to mention the assistance!

19. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome! I'm not exactly the biggest fan of anything that has to do with guns, but it's nice to see that your education is going the right way.

20. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can revert the update as long as you have the backup folder provided once you do (or would care to reformat your computer.) I also don't remember if there was a time limit to the reversion or not.

The backup folder also can take up a ton of drive space depending on how you use your computer (I had to delete mine, and it freed several, SEVERAL GB )

One thing though, there are several things you can disable on it, inside and out.