RELEASED [SMAPI] AllProfessions--Don't choose! Get every profession leveling up!

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by cantorsdust, Mar 23, 2016.

1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Current Version: 1.1.0.0.SMAPI for SMAPI 0.39.

Upon leveling up, will add all possible professions to that character instead of just the one chosen.
    By cantorsdust.

INSTALLATION

The zip contains one folder, AllProfessions, with two files AllProfessions.dll and manifest.json. The folder must be placed in %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods.

Thus, the total path for both of the files required for this mod to function are:
    %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\AllProfessions\AllProfessions.dll

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\AllProfessions\manifest.json

REQUIRES SMAPI 0.39+ to be installed!
    https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases

USAGE

Run StardewModdingAPI.exe in your main Stardew Valley folder. This will load the mods and then start the game.
    Upon leveling up, all professions will be added to your character instead of just your chosen one. For example, both Rancher and Tiller instead of just Rancher.

Characters who already have professions will have any profession they are eligible for added upon the next location change.

LICENSE

AllProfessions is licensed under GPL v3. You will find a copy of its source at the same place you downloaded it, https://github.com/cantorsdust/AllProfessions

Copyright 2016 cantorsdust

AllProfessions is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

AllProfessions is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with AllProfessions. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

CHANGELOG

v1.1.0.0.SMAPI
    Updated to SMAPI 0.39, initial public release.

Download from releases.

Source code at github.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
      tr33x, wty4321, Exiom and 10 others like this.
    • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Amazing, thank you!

• arkhomdeath

arkhomdeath Void-Bound Voyager

It's awesome!!! maybe can control to change skill at all the time

• timbo

timbo Intergalactic Tourist

he will add crafting recipes ? or i only get skill lvl?

• cantorsdust

There are no crafting recipes added at skill levels 5 or 10. So this mod doesn't interfere with getting crafting recipes at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The game just checks to see if you have a profession or not--this mod makes it so that you have all professions all the time, no need to change skills. If you want a mod with finer skill leveling, I can recommend CJB's Cheat Menu.

• Z3r0ViP

Z3r0ViP Void-Bound Voyager

Hm... I'm on SMAPI 0.39.2. I even tried recompiling your code with 0.39.2 and still, no dice. Any idea?

• satirawongwan

satirawongwan Void-Bound Voyager

My character already have professions but they don't add upon the next location change. (They just changed my professions but i think i don't get all professions cuz i don't have any chance for double harvest of foraged items.) any idea? sor for my bad eng

• Arstotzka

Arstotzka Orbital Explorer

Will you make a version for Storm?

• cantorsdust

My mod works just fine for 0.39.2. I'm using it with 0.39.2 right now. I just loaded up the game with a test save and confirmed it was working for me. What problems are you having right now? Ensure that it is installed to %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\AllProfessions. You should get a line in the console that it was loaded--check for that.

I'm not planning on it, no.

Same advice as above. Ensure that it is installed to %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\AllProfessions. You should get a line in the console that it was loaded--check for that. Have you checked to see if any other professions for other skills are being added?

• Mokra

Mokra Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, first of the mod works fine, even if the skills tab doesn´t represent it perfectly.

I was wondering if you could explain the mod in a very short answer? Namely: Does it itself tell the game you have all the profession perks on a per tick basis, ex. that when selling an item it gets the money bonus then? OR does it alter the save file to just simply include all the perks.
                      I am manly wondering because I was going through my safe file while troubleshooting and saw, that I had 16 perks in there, 7 more than the base game, but 11 less than I would have thought (note I am on fishing lvl 9, else is 10) [interresting that the game doesn´t seem to throw a fit, since I loaded that safe without your mod and it still worked as far as I could tell]

On that topic is there a chance that your mod conflicts with CJB´s Show Item Sell Price mod? (reason I was troubleshooting)

Thanks for the great work. And hoping you can understand me^^

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

I use SMAPI 39.2 it says it loaded the mod...but when I leveled up in Forage and Fishing I had to choose and the other skill did not show up am I missing something?

• cantorsdust

You still have to choose a profession upon leveling up. The other appropriate professions are added upon any location change. Just step outside and they will be there.

It adds the professions to your character, which will be saved the next day. The game doesn't mind the added professions--if you wanted, you could duplicate this mod's feature through save game editing alone.

I wouldn't expect it to conflict with any other mod--it merely checks for and adds needed professions upon location changes.

• Venoshock

Venoshock Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just an FYI people with GOG version it's inside \GOG Games\Stardew Valley\Mods usually in C drive unless specified differently.
                            and on another note amazing mod works awesome.
                            Thank you <3

• Andrej363

Andrej363 Phantasmal Quasar

is this really save to use ? i mean what happens when i uninstall it ? will my character not load or ?

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

It's been safe to use for me with smapi 0.40.0 though if you uninstall it will give you the first choice of each. If you really wanted to uninstall it I would recommend using CJBs in game cheat menu for at least a day to reset your skills and choose the options you want to have instead of the default choices.

• Andrej363

Andrej363 Phantasmal Quasar

thx for the info :D now i can play with this mod

• Nani

Nani Aquatic Astronaut

can you add ignore some skill? ex: Mariner

• bararaqsigh

bararaqsigh Void-Bound Voyager

I was going to ask the same thing - for example, I want both the level 5 foraging skills, but only one of the level 10 skills (I use different star levels of foraged objects for different things).

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe in the next iteration there can be a config file which would have what skills to have or ignore.

DiggleDugger likes this.
                                        • madeyemoody

madeyemoody Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah i kinda miss being not being able to get any trash from my crab pots anymore.

DiggleDugger likes this.