Digital Desi Draws - Starbound & Such

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by desbro, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Captain Karo

Captain Karo Cosmic Narwhal

Yessss this is amazing! Thank you thank you thank you!

Alkanthe and Mega flapper like this.
  2. Peaceful Floran

Peaceful Floran Phantasmal Quasar

Words can not express how much I love this guy! :nuruawe:

What is a petricub though? It looks like a floran, and a dog had an exciting night.

3. desbro

desbro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Petricubs are super cute... I think. Like Ghastly space puppies. Of course, this is just my take on their very simple pixels.

Alkanthe likes this.
  4. D0dec1

D0dec1 Void-Bound Voyager

If you're still taking requests, i'd love to have one done!

5. desbro

I am! (unless specified otherwise in the title!)

6. D0dec1

D0dec1 Void-Bound Voyager

Woo!
    Alright, well. Here's his description and a few bits of art I have of him already.

And here's the description;
    "Rodrick stands around 6'4, he has a dark gray robotic right arm, a large burn scar that goes across the whole right side of his face. Along with this he has a long, single claw mark running from the right side of his face starting around the eyebrow, to the left side of his face; Ending around his cheek."
    An action pose would be nice. Using this gun preferably; http://puu.sh/nSyed/79ff2e33b0.jpg

I know it's pretty damn specific. Sorry :rofl:

Captain Karo likes this.
  7. desbro

I'll see what I can do, should have something later this afternoon!

Captain Karo and D0dec1 like this.
  8. Mega flapper

Mega flapper Existential Complex

May I make another request? :poke:

9. desbro

HELLO. I DIED FOR A LITTLE WHILE, but you can bet your cute patooties the launch of 1.0 brought me back to the forums, hiatus be damned!

I have a new psuedo-villain apex and custom race to introduce in due course, HOWEVER. I would like to formally reopen requests!

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Holy heck welcome back. I want to see all your Apex art, from the one picture you shared before it looks like I'd like em a lot.

611 likes this.
  11. desbro

Haha, thanks!

I rolled apex when 1.0 went live and named her very simply "The Ringleader" chewing on her concept as I played through the story and charted a course through the many systems available. I eventually resolved to make her something of a mastermind (apex cliche? cliches are cliche for a reason: they're delicious.)

Her concept is still in what I lovingly refer to as my 'hairy chewbacca sketch phase' and I've got a birthday celebration I'm going to tonight, but I'll try to finish and post it!

Eva, the apex I drew, may well become one with this character, and Leo, my fighty novakid would no doubt something of a 'goon' for her personal army, whilst also serving as a prizefighter in her inter-galactic circuit of underground, not-altogether-above-board high rise fighters.

I need to read more of my apex codexs to hammer out the details, but the rough proof is that Eva, or The Ringleader was a biochemist of some renown and infinite potential who took a simple lack of acknowledgement on her superior's part as a snub-- It's always the little things that hurt the ego the most!

12. desbro

Added more art to the main post. Totally unrelated to Starbound, but worth a look, I think.

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. desbro

Alright, I have a quick, 'tudey doodle for you of The Ringleader. I considered including her entourage, but my brain is mush at present!

[​IMG]
    I forgot to add last night in my sleepy stupor that Eva/Ringleader is inspired by the Capuchin monkey. Apex don't get enough love, but when they do it seems everyone goes almost strictly chimp or ape. I love to push boundaries for inspo, so.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  14. MidniteSteve

MidniteSteve Phantasmal Quasar

I'm oddly hesitant for some reason like I'm handing over my kid, hah, but I would like to place a request.
    Close up.png
    here's a group of images of other poses/with equipment: http://s191.photobucket.com/user/MidniteCrusaider/library/Starbound character

I've replayed the same characters since alpha, but the human "me" i suppose is my main. The character's name is Sven, and through the in game "months", he's become one hell of a veteran. My first Death since 1.0 was against Nox, So I decided he lost an eye in that. while i prefer guns, I kept the protectorate blade to fight her (ruin mission) on even terms. needless to say, she lost and escaped.

The thing on my back is just a survivor pack dyed black, the armor is the Gambler's Vest and pants dyed black(only changes the color of the armored vest, gloves, boots and belt), I like the look of it because of the wide shoulders on the leather coat. I Imagine that he is very broad shouldered, and stern in demeanor.

on the chance you decide to do this, you have my thanks, but there is no pressure. If there are any questions you have for me I'll answer to the best of my abilities. I feel like I'm rambling. And Please ignore the rage buff. I had the blessing on, and didn't feel like losing 30% of 93k pixels, heh.

And even if you don't do this one, thanks anyways, your artwork is awesome to look at!

-Steve
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  15. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

welcome back :D

16. Mega flapper

Mega flapper Existential Complex

Hey, it's great to have you back! :party: I love all the new art, too!

17. desbro

@MidniteSteve - I think we're all a little protective of our brainbabies. ;) Did you have any ideas for facially how he looks. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the term 'face claim' but I like to try and avoid same face syndrome when I work, so I can try to feel out the general look of features, or you can link me a picture of someone you imagine he may look similar to!

@rhomboid - Thanks s'much!

@Mega flapper - It's nice to be back, and thanks for the compliment!

18. MidniteSteve

MidniteSteve Phantasmal Quasar

I am indeed familiar, I'm heavily into tabletop and pen and paper RPGs...
    It erks me a little, but with a quick search of characteristics, I ended up pulling an image of a character everyone else says mine looks like :oops: its about as close as i can get though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If i had to pick an actual person, Ron perlman maybe? It's close ish.

Mega flapper likes this.
  19. Luthien

Luthien Astral Cartographer

Hoooly guacamole your work is gorgeous! You have an incredible grasp on anatomy, and I really love the looseness of your sketches. wowowowow.

Alkanthe likes this.
  20. desbro

:giggle: thank youuuuuu. I'm obsessive with figure study!

Luthien likes this.