WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That might work as well, but it doesn't sound like a perfect solution to me

• Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah I'm wondering this. I wanted to make a wolf anthro for someone special but adding the ears and tail has proven a challenge. I turned the duck bill into a snout and edited (replaced) a skin palette. Plus he was two different eye colors so that's another thing >_< I've been looking around everywhere for some guidance but I'm not making headway.

• ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is turning out really nicely, the only thing I miss here are tails. But thats likely going to be a pain in the behind to do ^^

Declension likes this.
        • Declension

Shi I didn't know you played SV! It's me Ciner :rofl:

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

Er, it won't let me unzip it/extract the files. What do I do?

• Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can already make a pretty passable duck with the main player character,
              [​IMG]

• Declension

That's a decent looking duck you got there...
                Now to work on a wolf, with a tail and two different eye colors ; 3;

• ShioriShi

You would know if ya spoke to me more :p

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I have been working on a wolfish character, and a cattish female farmer, but like they said... the farmer xnb is a huge mess of pixels and ... ugh, its a huge eye sore, but I got most of the design done for the male farmer, now it would be a matter of changing all the pixels into that character... its just hugely time-consuming

• Artlan

Artlan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm also guilty of not talking with you in... ages lol (if you remember me from SL and IMs)

• ShioriShi

I remember you silly.. just drop me a line on skype and we talk.. but lets not make this into a thread about "who has not spoken to Shiori" but rather focus on the
                        awesome work thats been done here.

Corraidhín likes this.
                        • Kozomomo

Kozomomo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Terrimina

Terrimina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree with Asriel and Firepaw, I think the characters should be based more on personality than character. It makes it more varied.

Excited to hear that Lizard Wizard and Shane might be a possibility too, can never have too many lizards. Maru's looking great too, can't wait till she's done!

• Kozomomo

Kozomomo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also agree that based on personality is more... fun and varied :3
                            Although however it ends, will be great <3

• Stradiver

Stradiver Void-Bound Voyager

These look incredible!! I love them!

• Wulven

Wulven Void-Bound Voyager

I am still grinning ear to fluffy ear~ Excellent progress! Just have to see what Abigail morphs into, cant wait to see that.
                                I hope you don't get too burnt out, I am sure everyone would love to eventually see a few other npcs. Nice to see Kozo helping out in a few places too.
                                Keep up the incredible work! <3

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Good golly goodle do I love your work! I'm totally choosing anthro for selected characters so that it feels like a cross between animal crossing and harvest moon.
                                  Definitely putting on the watch list.

• Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Finished Maru. Added a download link on the OP. Also, added a poll so I can decide on what I'll do for the other NPCs
                                    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g3hbjxoq95me3h/Anthro_Maru.zip
                                    banner maru.png
                                    Thanks for your support guys.
                                    edit: oh christ I forgot the glasses on the character sprite :V
                                    edit2: oh her original sprite don't even have glasses.

Hmm, can you clarify? What sort of error are you getting? Have you tried redownloading the files? Thanks!

Thanks! I did put tails (badly) on the character sprites though!

I looked through the files and it does look really confusing. It's hard to tell where the borders are. Using accessories might be a solution but that doesn't really allow for facial expressions I think. Still wishing you luck on that.

Don't worry not feeling the slightest bit burnt out yet. I'm doing them during my free time. Hopefully I'll be able to do a lot by the time a big update for the game comes. And yeah, I really don't like working on character sprite's so Kozomomo's doing great there haha.
                                    And thank you.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
                                      Corraidhín, Wulven, Kozomomo and 3 others like this.
                                    • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

I'm pretty sure you're correct. And man are there a lot of pieces.
                                      All I did was edit the face to make it more pointed and less boxy and I don't look forward to doing anything on that sheet again.

However, it maybe easy to add say various types of ears and/or nose and maybe tail (dunno if anything can be placed down that far a placement wise) replacements on the face as an "accessories" option in the character menu. That way the whole thing from top to bottom doesn't have to be reworked.

bulbaswat likes this.
                                      • Terrimina

Terrimina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

True! Either way, I can't wait.

Maru looks great too, just downloaded. Keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.