WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrimina

Terrimina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These look great! I can't wait to marry Elliott now, he looks the best.

Also, I have no idea if you're taking suggestions for Abigail/Maru, but I think Lizard Abigail would work with her whole character. Panda Maru also sounds cute to me.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see what else is in store!

• jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

I love to see all the furrys to come out of hiding and support this mod. I love this work very well done

• kanjifox

kanjifox Void-Bound Voyager

I doubt that you would ever do so, but I would be so interested to see your rendition on making a human portraits of them! :p

Sorry, it's just that your work here is just crazy detailed and so on~!

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have to say that my favorite is Elliott. His original hairdo always screamed 'mane' to me. Making him a lion is very appropriate. He looks fabulous! <3

There are so many great animals to work with. Mice, badgers and horses to name a few. Do you intend to do feathered ones too such as eagles, falcons and owls?

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

when i first spoke to elliott after installing this mod, he talked about his hair getting all tangled. it fit really well c:

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

Oh my god I am in love with your version of Leah

• Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

I really like this mod so far! [​IMG]
                I can't wait to see more characters become anthros [​IMG]

• Seajun_

Seajun_ Heliosphere

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on making anyone into anthro lizards?

TundraPudding and Terrimina like this.
                  • Bonabopn

[​IMG]
                    i think penny looks a bit silly in this image xD

Gaveliere, Corraidhín and Seajun_ like this.
                    • Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Fixed some character sprites. Edited the download link on OP. Also put in Leah's portrait and sprite there.
                      http://www.mediafire.com/download/7xxgk4pyuybupyz/Anthro+Characters.zip

Also, Maru a WIP
                      Maru preview.png

As usual, thank you guys!

Added the link in the OP! Thanks!

I have no idea what to do for abigail so I might as well turn her into a dragon!

Thank you!
                      Ahh sorry was already working on Maru when I saw your post. I like the abigail idea though.

Actually, my first plan was just to give Harvey a beard and call it a day but that's no fun. Interesting idea but it would be low priority because there are already a bunch of really good portrait mods out there. I appreciate your interest in that though ahaha.

Thank you! Oh yeah definitely if I get around to working on the other villagers. Although I can't decide at the moment if I should redraw them based on their character or make the families into a single species or something.

Definitely. I was actually working on Lizard Shane until I decided it would probably be best to work on the bachelorettes first. Other characters I'll turn into scaled guys includes The wizard, Willy and probably abigail.

That was actually on penny's original sprite. I usually don't change expressionson the character sprites unless they really look off. But yeah that does look off. I changed it on the updated link.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
                      • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Maru bunneh! tho seriously, Abigail has to be a lizard, it has that lazy, dry kinda person vibe to her!

• Seajun_

Seajun_ Heliosphere

Good to hear. @Tleno

Tleno likes this.
                          • Firepaw Da Cat

If Maru is a bunny, is Demetrius also going to be a bunny?

• Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

I'm leaning towards yes at the moment. That would mean robin should be a wolf too if I did that. But right now I'm still deciding whether I should have families as a single species or different ones based on their character.

Corraidhín likes this.
                              • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I think based on character would add more flavour to their personalities :3 I mean, its a game where you are an ex-office-made-professional-farmer in just a few weeks, why wouldnt different animals be possible then! c:

• Firepaw Da Cat

Well, I think it would be more better if they were all based on each of their characters than their families, and it would add more variety [​IMG]

• Bonabopn

• DaIIas

DaIIas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't played stardew valley yet, so I don't know if this applies to the customable character, if it doesn't then I would like to see a mod that also makes the character a furry, but I guess that would require a lot more programing and time.

Vixxi likes this.
                                    • bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have only just started modding Stardew Valley, but from what I understand, it isn't programming that would need to be done. The real problem is the sprite sheet. The player character has a lot of different bits that would need to be resprited, so because of that, modding the player character like that would be a bit of an undertaking, at least as I understand.

Vixxi likes this.
                                      • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

Or it could be a case of just adding some "accessories" that replace the whole head with that of an animal.

cobaltwerewolf and Vixxi like this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.