1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

The Alley: An Original Works and Fandom Art-Log

Discussion in 'Art' started by Alkanthe, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Sketches of three of the new dragons...

[​IMG]
    Based off of a Waterhorse dragon. Her legs are damaged (by fire?). A very powerful Wind type.

[​IMG]
    Merrigo, a Fire type with natural glowy ability. Based off of a Pygmy dragon, so he's super tiny.

[​IMG]
    Nova, a (kinda short) Human fighter. Her weapon is a trident. And yes her name was totally stolen from my character in that old RP, Pocket Watch.

[​IMG]
    The original Nova's pocket watch.

[​IMG]
    Sketches/height comparison of the two humans. Zera is pretty tall actually, huh.​

Arra, rhomboid, Sir Wilfrey and 4 others like this.
  2. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

When you mentioned Nova, I remembered doing that request a long time ago. This is one of my proud works when I started pixel art.

[​IMG]

Nova

Arra, rhomboid, Sir Wilfrey and 3 others like this.
  3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yes, that's her! Heh. It may be old, but it's still good.

Sir Wilfrey and Crossfang like this.
  4. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Oh my gosh, I just remembered Nova dyed her hair.

That is, before she... *ahem*

Alkanthe likes this.
  5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Let's hope this Nova doesn't meet a similar fate...

Apathy Applied likes this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Monster/Chaos form of @Sir Wilfrey -
    Eh, not like anybody much cares, but here it is.

[​IMG]
    - Kamellia, a Human (based off of Better if I Left, a female Spitfire Dragon) -
    Forre's owner and trainer. Has a side hobby of sewing and an obsession with looking "classy".​

Arra, rhomboid, LOL BALL and 5 others like this.
  7. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

She apparently painted me in my sleep or something, but since when have I not looked wild!? NEVER I TELL YOU! You got gud on dis btw :happylittletrees:

Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Ezra, a Human (based off of Dreams of Failure, a male Lumina Dragon) -
    Ezra is the father of Zera, a young rebel who's allied themselves with Ashkon's Yaomo resistance fighters. However, Ezra's views are diametrically opposed to those of his child. He believes the Yaomou are naturally evil (well, doesn't that make sense?) and fully supports treating them like animals. But some of the tech made by the company which he works for goes beyond simple enslavement, aiding humans in their new favorite pastime of pitting Yaomou against each other in battle. Ezra would often bring home new technologies and test them out with Zera's help, teaching Zera how many of them operate. This is where Zera gets the ability to project temporary holograms, which they will learn to use in battle...

[​IMG]
    - Dia, a Yaomo (based off of Medievalbound, a female Brimstone Dragon) -
    Most Yaomou are of the common, mass-produced variety. They may have imperfections, such as Celia and Abigail, or simply a lower intelligence. A few Yaomou are crafted more carefully, with leadership in mind, and have stronger powers. Aralith, General Umbris, and the Black Tea Yaomo are a few examples.
    And then there are the experimentals.
    The creators have been slowly improving the Yaomo breed ever since they started artificially creating them. Stronger - faster - smarter - and more powerful. Dia represents the pinnacle of their innovation so far, with Fire powers to outclass even the Fire-type generals. With the limits of her powers unknown, she was kept locked away aboard a Creator ship.
    But then she broke free of their mind control.​

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Rebb from Stardew Valley -
    Not interested in romance, Rebb is far more curious about the paranormal. She didn't expect anything of that sort to happen in the small village she was moving to, instead making a last-ditch effort to escape the grind of urban life. But it seems her past life has followed her even there, and she hears strange sounds in the night...​

Arra, Crossfang, rhomboid and 3 others like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Valy, a Yaomo (based off of Won the Battle, a male Pink Dragon) -
    Small marshmallow of painful demise. Love type.
    [​IMG]
    A random character design I did, which may or may not become part of the Taishui crew.

[​IMG]
    Slight redesign of Forre.

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

For anybody who doesn't know yet, I've started a Stardew Valley art thread, named Stardew Alley as a pun on the name of this thread. Too many art threads? No, not really. I've run three before - Suci's Sweet Art, Varc's Little Doodlings, and Byte-Sized Sketches, which still exists. And each of them had a different artstyle back then!

rhomboid, Firepaw Da Cat and DrVoodoo like this.
  12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*catches the Homestuck bug again*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Saione Perbus, Jack Montes, and Rebb Pearson -

[​IMG]
    - Azueta Calept -
    One of my oldest HS fan characters (Karia Corwinn was the first). Her birthday was on 4/8 so I drew her!​

13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oops... I did it again.

[​IMG]
    - Azueta Calept, yet again -
    This would be the first time I've drawn her in anything besides her default outfit or a variation thereof. Also the first time I've drawn her with her hair up. And I've had her for at LEAST three years.​

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*dragoning intensifies*
    [​IMG]
    - Based off of Learning from the Past, a female Tri-Horn Wyvern -
    Type unknown.

[​IMG]
    - Based off of Nine Hours Away, a female Magi Dragon -
    Fire type. As strong as Dia, but instead of rebelling against the Creators, serves them for her own gain.

[​IMG]
    - Based off of Alone Yet Not Alone, a female Seragamma Wyvern -
    Fire type.

[​IMG]
    - Based off of Firepaw's Child, a male Dark Myst Pygmy -
    Dark type. Tiny and mischievous, loving to prick at you, then dart just out of reach.

[​IMG]
    - Based off of Have You Lost Your Innocence, a male Swallowtail Dragon -
    Wind type. Tall and arrogant. Graceful.

[​IMG]
    - Based off of Busy as a Bee, a male Anagallis Dragon -
    Love type. Small and flamboyant, slipping just into range before darting away, leading you to follow them into a trap.

[​IMG]
    - Based off of To the Valley, a male Daydream Dragon -
    Wind type, but acts like a typical Love type, drawing you in before hitting you with a powerful attack. Fights with their eyes closed, usually. They may be blind, and use mainly sound as a means of navigation. Perhaps those hornlike things are actually ears...?

All of these need names. Suggestions, please?​

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    rhomboid, Arra, Crossfang and 5 others like this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I added a bit of description to all the Yaomou I put up yesterday and OH WAIT THERE'S MORE NOW.

[​IMG]
    - Based off of Insanely Tired, a male Turpentine Dragon -
    This guy looks suspiciously like Ashkon. He's able to secrete a thick, yellow fluid from his hands, which burns almost everything it touches. Even other Yaomou, but not him. You can't see his eyes, but he's able to fight off the mind control of the Creators - usually. It's difficult for him to do so, and when he gets tired and succumbs, he also tends to lose control of his powers. For these reasons, he tries to stay alone.

[​IMG]
    - Embre (Based off of I Miss Her Terribly, a female Ember Dragon) -
    Fire type, of course. She escaped the Creators in a raid of sorts led by Billiard the Kid, whose desire to get what he wants led him to mistreat her. But never having known any better way, she sees this as okay.​

rhomboid, Arra, ZAYABUCKET and 3 others like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

New series! This one was known as Rubyshock before that name took on an entirely different set of characters and meaning... How about I call it Celestian?
    Because, you see, that's the name of the race which this story focuses on. The Celestians. Here I have the first three, old characters who have just now been drawn for the first time.

[​IMG]
    - Lilac Emiri -
    Known for her moody temperament, but a powerful ally in battle because of her Lilac Shield. She, like all other Celestians, has a personal store of life energy upon which she can draw to form her weapon. Not all Celestians, however, are able to form shields. To successfully form a shield, a Celestian must also be able to withstand both physical and mental stresses.

[​IMG]
    - Ruby Sonan -
    The youngest of the main trio, Ruby is unfailingly optimistic, not just because she hopes things will turn out all right but because she KNOWS they will. She's now apprenticed to an electrician - whose job is to use his life energy to power machinery as efficiently as possible - so that she can learn how to better control her own life energy, which cannot form any weapon but is best expressed through a Ruby Shockwave.

[​IMG]
    - Silver Sonan -
    Ruby's older brother and a writer. Along with Lilac, he's written a book of the trio's past adventures. His mind is sharp and his hands are dextrous, so he manifests his life energy in the form of a Silver Sword.
    [​IMG]
    (not to scale)

rhomboid, Arra, DustyScabbard and 3 others like this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Amelia Mellifera -
    A very close redraw of this older drawing. Amelia is not a bee, though she may pretend to be(e) one if it helps her achieve her ends. In fact, I'm not sure exactly what she is... some type of beetle, but I have no idea what kind. Despite that, she is a high-ranking officer in the Insectarian Air Corps - yes, she can fly. Her wings are folded down on her back in this picture, but they're covered by a hard shell that matches, and even looks like part of, the coat she wears.
    Coming soon - a caterpillar girl.​

rhomboid, Arra, DustyScabbard and 3 others like this.
  18. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

That description stings..

19. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

A caterpillar girl? Will she eventually become a butterfly girl? [​IMG]

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Maybe...