RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] FreezeInside Mod--Freeze Time While Indoors Like Harvest Moon!

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by cantorsdust, Mar 3, 2016.

1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Yes.

I very much want to hear anyone's reports from festival days. I don't have time to play the game myself beyond brief testing sessions, so i'm relying on your reports for obscure bugs.

That said, I'm not convinced of this festival day bug, as I don't see a way that it would be caused when I look through the source. So again, reports of when the bug occurs and under what circumstances would be helpful.

• WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a chance that it might not just be festival days, as I managed to somehow have it happen twice (was with the latest version of all mods and storm) at one point, when it was NOT a festival day. I restarted the game back to the 6am point, then the next day it happened again.

(Sadly, I was troubleshooting an FPS issue so didn't get enough info)

I'm running time @ default with the time-speed mod, but the issue has also occured with time ticking at 12s per 10 as well.

Is there a chance that it's a change made by the timespeed mod interacting poorly with the time-freeze? Perhaps it's tracking time somewhere, but the value is overflowing causing the next day to start at a later time or something? (Disclaimer: I'm not a modder, nor do I know anything about how the game / mod is programmed).

I've removed the mod (keeping everything else) and not had an issue since. I managed to get most of the way through the season (inc 2 festivals) without a time-jump (2 days left) after turning it off.

I'll try turning it back on later tonight and perhaps all other mods barring the freeze and timescale mods to test my thoughts on that and hopefully narrow it down a bit.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
      • cantorsdust

TimeSpeed doesn't touch any of the variables FreezeInside does. TimeSpeed changes the length of the ticks, FreezeTime only fires after a tick. I don't think the two should be interacting.

• WirlWind

I'm currently running the game on 1 sec ticks over the course of about a week in-game to see if I can find any way to replicate it reliably. I'm pissed at myself in hindsight for not paying as much as I should have been when the bug cropped up yesterday (But I was just seriously needing to play and the framerate issues were pissing me off more than they should have :p ). Should have kept track of days / times etc.

Will let you know if I find anything out and will make sure I keep track of anything like dates and times etc if I see it happen again.

I've also taken to backing up my saves at the end of each session just in case.

:: Post testing ::

Spent about 40 mins running the week over and over doing things differently and documenting, but haven't had the issue happen again. I might just re-enable the mod in my regular play, wait for it to bug out again and then see what I can figure out from that.

• iliberate

iliberate Space Hobo

I have the latest version of this mod, the latest version of SMAPI and the latest version of Stardew. This is currently the only mod I have installed and it will not work. I followed the instructions in the video precisely and have since tried replicating the process three times with no success. Any ideas?

I should also state that I did test other mods and they worked just fine.

• lukkajong

lukkajong Intergalactic Tourist

Does this mod compatible with the timespeed mod? Because it will overwrite the timespeed files If I put them in the same folder.

• cantorsdust

Are you using the Storm version of FreezeInside or the SMAPI version of FreezeInside? Perhaps you have downloaded the wrong version?

TimeSpeed states in its OP and readme that it is compatible with FreezeInside. No files should be overwritten. If you're using Storm, each mod gets its own named folder. So it should look like %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\FreezeInside and %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed. If using SMAPI, both the dlls and config files have different names.

• FloppyDingo

FloppyDingo Big Damn Hero

Hey just so you know I got the "time didn't reset to 6 AM" bug again with v. 1.4.4.1, happened on the third of summer when the earthquake occurred.

• cantorsdust

Thanks. I've had a lot of trouble with time reset bugs--there's so many special cases in CA's code about how time behaves, and it's getting tiresome. For sure you won't have any time reset bugs if you set LetMachinesRunWhileTimeFrozen to false. That's a much simpler mechanism, and if you can deal with non-functional machines while you're inside, I'd actually recommend it.

I'm working on a simpler version of the letting machines run code, just always setting time back 10 minutes on a new tick. It hopefully should be simpler. It may occasionally glitch out and allow time to advance one tick before properly freezing, but that's a better tradeoff than losing half a day to a time reset bug.

• WirlWind

Just in case you missed it, if you IMMEDIATELY alt + F4 out of the game when that bug happens, it will reset back to 6am when you load it back up.

• spring_onions

spring_onions Master Chief

I encounter this bug whenever I get past the 30th floor of the skull cave and return to town:
                        An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at StardewValley.Locations.BusStop.doorOpenAfterReturn(Int32 extraInfo)
                        at StardewValley.TemporaryAnimatedSprite.update(GameTime time)
                        at StardewValley.Locations.BusStop.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(GameTime time)
                        at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
                        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                        at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)

I'm on SMAPI with the in-game cheat menu and easier fishing mods. The former only has x2 movespeed and infinite HP ticked. I'm sorry but I don't have the time to test which is actually causing this but I have a feeling it's either freeze time or SMAPI itself, but then again I could be wrong because I'm not a modder and I know nothing.

• cantorsdust

Despite the GameTime reference, FreezeInside does not touch that variable, nor does the mod have anything to do with the BusStop. Went and looked over the source and saw no obvious relation. I don't think this is on me.

• spring_onions

spring_onions Master Chief

Thanks for clarifying.

• Skalla

Skalla Big Damn Hero

So I downloaded Storm and the mod, but whenever I start Storm it says "Mods loaded: 0" at the top. I tried reinstalling both Storm and FreezeInside, but now it's not identifying my safe files. Starting the game normally shows my save files just fine. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can fix this?

• cantorsdust

Update your injectors. The bug with not showing save files occurs if you have updated Storm without updating its injectors. They go in %appdata%\StardewValley\Storm. Also, refer to the OP and the readme for the exact location for where your files

• mister_kweh

mister_kweh Big Damn Hero

:: POSSIBLE SPOILER ::

I have encountered the time skip bug where I wake up the next day and suddenly it's 12:00AM. I have the latest version of Storm and the latest version of FreezeInside. It's the only mod I have installed and I do have both options set to true. I got this bug when I completed a community center plaque and the junimos come out at night to give you their gift. (Specifically for me, the minecarts and the bridge being fixed). Otherwise I think it's a great mod. Just wanted to throw this situation out there since I haven't seen anyone mention the junimos yet. Thanks for your hard work!

• owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It seems like the files FreezeInside.dll, Config.json are missing from the folder for the download? The folder contains these files only, that I can see,

Freeze-Time-Mod.csproj, FreezeTimeMod.cs, manifest.json

Not sure if the link was updated incorrectly, or I'm just not seeing where the correct file is supposed to be. xD;

• cantorsdust

You downloaded the source code.

For Storm users: this mod is now deprecated. With the help of Syndlig, my new co-author for TimeSpeed, all of FreezeTime's features have been merged into TimeSpeed. I have added new features as well--breaking up options for freezing time outside, inside, and in the mines, and adding a new option to freeze time at 12:30 AM so that you never get caught and pass out outside. Get the new version at

http://community.playstarbound.com/...imespeed-mod-configurable-day-lengths.107876/

• owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, maybe I'm just not seeing the correct link -- but I'm clicking the link you gave me and it re-directed me to this thread. When I click under "Example Mods" > "Storm", the only folder available to download that I'm seeing is the one with the files I mentioned above. Am I not clicking the right link to download?

• cantorsdust

You're downloading the source code for the example freeze time mod for Storm. You need to scroll to the bottom of the OP and find the download from releases link.

Here is the link to the current (deprecated) FreezeInside version: https://github.com/cantorsdust/FreezeInside/releases

Here is the link to the now recommended TimeSpeed mod: https://github.com/cantorsdust/TimeSpeed/releases

I put my download links at the bottom of the OP for a reason--you have to read the whole OP to get to them.