RELEASED [Halted Development] [SMAPI 0.39.7+] Zoryn's Mods

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by Zoryn4163, Mar 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

An older version is still up there, but it had some.. problems and I'm in the process of reworking it currently.

I'm not in charge of CJB's mod, but he has already expressed interest in converting to storm over in the IRC that the storm devs hang out.
    And to that request: Most likely possible, I'll look into it.

No problem!

CJB was looking into porting it himself AFAIK. I can absolutely look into having an option to always show it, and to possibly make it smaller.

• sweetangel20

sweetangel20 Starship Captain

From what I understand the easier fishing mod makes the fish shoot up and down less frequently.
      and move smoother so they are easy to track, still remaining balanced. AFAIK that is all the mod does.

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

Try out https://github.com/Zoryn4163/Storm-Mods/releases/download/ZMods1.6/FishingMod_1.6.1.zip
        You need to set the config value for easier fishing to true, it will show up after running storm at least once.
        I looked into how Easier Fishing was done, and this is slightly similar, albeit a generic solution without a lot of effort. If it doesn't feel right I'll put some actual effort into refining it.

• Zebracakes4me

Zebracakes4me Tentacle Wrangler

Hello Zoryn. I first really want to say you guys are doing an amazing job, especially for people like me that don't know exactly what they are doing.

I hate to bother you, but I did come across an error when trying to use the "Movement Mod." It doesn't seem to work or load up. I am also using the "Time Speed" mod and "Stamina Regen" mod with no issues.

Hopefully I did this right, the attached should provide you my Storm_Log file and error. It's a rather large file, but it seems like the errors repeat on a "loop." If any further info is needed, please let me know! Also, apologies if this was addressed or mentioned previously :oops:

Attached Files:

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

I have absolutely no idea what that error is from x.x
            I can't seem to reproduce that on the latest storm build with version 1.6.1 of the mod.

• Zebracakes4me

Zebracakes4me Tentacle Wrangler

Yeah...I get the "fun" ones lol... :(

Thanks for looking into it! :up:

• LaxoraNZ

LaxoraNZ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see you'll now be taking over support for the mods Handsome Matt originally created, yay! :D Will the Submit Junimo Bundle Items be included too or will that be dropped? Just wanting to know so I can either write it off my list of mods I'm waiting to be updated or keep waiting. Thanks for all your hard work! :3

• Lunatic231

Lunatic231 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm very new with this kind of stuffs so please bear with me, how do i modify the RegenMod?

• Schaeffer

Schaeffer Space Spelunker

• Lunatic231

No config file opens up when I run StormLoader.exe

• Schaeffer

I don't know man, could you screenshot your folder with the RegenMod .dll file and stuff in it to make sure that you put it in the right place, as well as your Stardew Valley folder showing all the Stardew Valley files plus the Storm files? Make sure the address bar clearly shows the path to the folder.

• GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

Alright, I'll run it down for you. But this is windows, so not sure how different it is for the other OS.

How to check for config file for mod specifics
                          Making sure the Mod folders are in appdata/roaming/Stardewvalley/Mods (searching %appdata%, or using run program to look for %appdata%), it normally should have manifest.json(which is the mod info), and the .dll (The mod itself). If it isn't in a folder by themselves, you have taken a wrong step. Assuming it's there and it happens to be BetterRNG, config.json should be added for the respective mod folder(s) as you use Stormloader.exe.

But what does this mean? What can I even DO with it?
                          It simply means that it just got added there, so you can go out and do your changes as desired. You can easily use notepad for this kind of stuff if one desires so. (once again as a example, config should be in appdata/roaming/Stardewvalley/Mods/BetterRNG.)

When editing files, and the result of the mod is so messy that it corrupted your save, I suggest backing up your save files (Appdata folder) to ensure your save isn't totally gone.
                          -----​
                          Is the gist of the method good enough? In short though, you gotta make sure the mod's folder is in the Mods section, then running the Stormloader once. May have to remove Storm-Hooked-Game on occasions.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
                          • Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

Added this to OP.

Config files do not automatically open, you must browse to where you installed the mod and, for my mods, open up config.json in notepad (or any text editing tool) and simply change the values.

He didn't expressly give me the source for it, but if he doesn't update it I will.

See the post above mine or check the OP, I added it.

• Soul

Soul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know it seems silly, but can you add a text outline to the text on enemy health bars? I guess you can make it a toggled option, but an outline would help since it's hard to read at times. I know it's a minor thing to ask.

• Lunatic231

I tried modifying the contents in RegenMod.cs but nothing happened. I can't find any .dll file or .config.json (P.S. I'll reply again after 8-10 hours)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
                                    1.png
                                    File size:
                                    78.2 KB
                                    Views:
                                  • 2.png
                                    2.png
                                    File size:
                                    63.2 KB
                                    Views:
                                  • 3.png
                                    3.png
                                    File size:
                                    39.8 KB
                                    Views:
                                  • 4.png
                                    4.png
                                    File size:
                                    60.1 KB
                                    Views:
                                  • 5.png
                                    5.png
                                    File size:
                                    39.3 KB
                                    Views:
                                • Soul

Soul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You seem to have a RegenMod folder inside a RegenMod folder, which isn't how it should work.

Schaeffer likes this.
                                  • Schaeffer

And also, you have a bunch of wrong files in there....Where did you get that stuff? That isn't the mod...

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

How do you open the Calender on a controller? I can hover my cursor over it but can't click it without going over to my mouse.

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

That's a good point, I only had it detect the mouse :facepalm:
                                        I'll look into controller support
                                        You downloaded the source code x.x
                                        You must get the release build from the Git Releases page. A link can be found in the OP.
                                        Sure that's easy enough to do.

• VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

Can i see your source for calendar anywhere?

[EDIT 1] NVM, i found it