Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice

Alice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you happen to have a heater in your coop? Cause I have terrible luck with luck-based things in games so it seems a bit odd I'd get such an absurdly better haul than you in a sixth of the time.

And just to be clear I'm not trying to negate the fact you haven't gotten any or anything. I was just making sure you weren't overlooking something. Unless the tv says so at some point the game doesn't seem to ever make it clear that you have to interact with your animals in order to keep them happy. I didn't even know that you could check their happiness until I accidentally interacted with the same animal twice due to the wonky hit detection the mouse has when two animals are close together.

• Cavador

Cavador Void-Bound Voyager

cantorsdust, please add the following under my mod entry "Make Wizard a Cute Guy by Cavador."
      thanku

-------

ADDITIONAL FILES: I edited JuminoNotes.xnb and Cursors.xnb to replace other images of the wizard which appear, specifically his teleport and his picture on the billboard in the Community Centre. So if you have another mod that uses either of those files (like the one that turns the worm dig spots into Animal Crossing style cracks in the ground) then these will obviously conflict. MAKE BACKUPS BEFORE APPLYING.

https://mega.nz/#!5Q5UQB5I!41pT6H5G6zVAJxEtnUjbGu1CPlMsFYI8YnIpha6ovlk

• Bazy2016

Bazy2016 Void-Bound Voyager

@Drogean

Thanks for the quick reply.
        I have to look into it in the next couple days.

To me it is more about playing the game then modding it until now, so yeah i prefer that at the moment. :)

Drogean likes this.
        • yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SDVMM now should support Storm

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Updated OP to reflect these.

I'll put in a Storm Mods section when we have a public release for Storm. Frankly, things in Storm change frequently enough right now that using Storm mods would be frustrating for the end user. Method names, etc will be frozen for the release, and then things will calm down.

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

So... er... is "Storm" a replacement for SMAPI or.. er.. what? Noticed a lot of [Storm] tags and am genuinely curious.

edit: never mind. Got that answered :rofl: Didn't look hard enough on the mod page.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
              • Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kawaii Overworld Sprites - Penny
                This character sprite was created to compliment Toonyoza's portrait pack

Directions: Download and extract to \Stardew Valley\ folder

Looking for Abigail? Go Here
                [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
                • Cavador

oh cool, i was going to make a mod of her with shorter hair to release with some other portrait I did, but now I don't have to!

• Cavador

cantorsdust - real sorry to bug you again, but that last file I asked you to upload a couple of posts ago had some major transparency problems that uh... broke like half the sprites in the game lol. The one in the below link is confirmed fixed now, and if you could please replace it in the OP, that would be great. Thank you.

https://mega.nz/#!AJJRGbgb!Xp5w6H5sdHB-dLISEGfOLMYrLFjVZBlZMUBmVbY25B4

• nickelcurry

nickelcurry Subatomic Cosmonaut

How does the instant fishing mod work? I put the .dll in the Mods folder, but it's not doing anything. Do I have to change something else?

• Drogean

Can confirm this now works perfectly for creating/packing sprites!! Thanks!!

• Drogean

Kawaii Overworld Sprites - Abigail
                          This character sprite was created to compliment Toonyoza's portrait pack

To Install : Extract to your \Stardew Valley folder

Looking for Penny? Go Here'
                          [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Pianobeats

Pianobeats Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm having trouble on Step 6. Can you explain it more clearly? I don't understand what you mean by where I have my sounds unzipped. Are you talking about the "New" folder?

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Just updated MoreRain to be compatible with Storm API. You can find it at https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods/tree/master/%5BStorm%5DMoreRain.
                              Note that this is version IS NOT compatible with SMAPI. I will keep up the old version for now, but will be moving all of my work over to Storm API in the future due to ease of programming.

Also thanks to handsomematt for pointing me in the right direction!

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

I'll work on updating the OP again tomorrow. Things moving quickly with Storm now. Lots of people adding lots of events for their mods--I've added 7 for my All Crops All Seasons mod, which will be updated to Storm this week. Will feature planting all crops in all seasons without and with every season's seeds added to the shops.

• ravi

ravi Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• dog.zip
                                    File size:
                                    8.4 KB
                                    Views:
                                  Roth likes this.
                                • SPRidley

SPRidley Void-Bound Voyager

• mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Someone knows how to change the texts of HUD and the "loading ..."?

• dimasep0

dimasep0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

@cantorsdust Would you add the mods that use STORM on the first page list? I saw that STORM has reach public beta and wanted to see the mods currently available from a list. Thank you in advance.

edit: by that, I mean like the dll files which state NEEDS SMAPI ABOVE, or something similar.

• Drogean

correct, where they got unzipped/extract in step 2

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.