Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Probably hardcoded. There's some text in game that still is. Regarding making fonts, Chrisblue has an excellent guide (also in OP):
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I1ncemLuVS46QPysw3T0RxT3KKBVLsa11nrlxVUCOYs/edit

• AriaDraconfly

AriaDraconfly Title Not Found

Yeah I tried to follow that and it didn't work for packing PNG, I was asking for one specifically for packing images, yours was for text.

• Cavador

Cavador Void-Bound Voyager

Hi cantorsdust

Would you mind awfully adding this picture under my mod "Bishie Elliott and Turtleneck Maru"? Just so people know that there's a portrait there as well.

[​IMG]

Thanks a bunch!

• Clovilah

Clovilah Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way we could get this thread stickied, please? It keep dropping to the second page but I really think this is very important to keep at the top with all the updates and mods added constantly.:nuruflirt:

Acrimonia likes this.
          • yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Acrimonia likes this.
          • cantorsdust

The process for pictures is exactly the same, but with one caveat--the PNG must be in the same directory as the YAML, and you still pack the YAML. The YAML tells XNB Node to pack the PNG. For XNB Builder, you can just pack the PNG directly.

Done! FYI for any mod author reading, I'm happy to update mod description or pictures whenever. Post or PM me what picture you want so I don't have to go looking.

I'll update the description.

edit:
            I'd say ask one of the mods. I'm not going to do it myself--would be poor form I feel like.

yuukiw and Acrimonia like this.
            • cont_roller

cont_roller Void-Bound Voyager

• cantorsdust

cont_roller likes this.
            • yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• cont_roller

cont_roller Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks!

• SPRidley

SPRidley Void-Bound Voyager

Just finished the bachelorette's mod Ive been doing all last week (thanks for the help here to fix the backgrounds when I asked BTW).
                Its basically a all sideview rework using ConcernedApe's original ingame portraits with some of his timeline portraits added to the mix to make it a little bit more cohesive with all the bachelorettes. Changed some faces so each of them will look different from each other (for example a more enlongated mature face for Leah or more bitchy eyes for Haley in his normal portrait), also fixed the Penny's Leia hair so it fits with his original vision and ingame sprite. The ones with more extensive work done have been Haley and Maru. Haley as I had to change everything to sideview (but is still using a very similar design to the original game one as I really like that), and Maru becuase it was probably the worst character design in the game (and one of the reasons why I started this mod) and IMO had two excellent earlier designs that I liked much better. Becuase of that, I did different versions of Maru you can choose to install the one you like more, curly hair or ondulated hair, and adding glasses or not. Nurse Maru was totally reworked so she doesnt have the silly hat desing anymore and uses the same options that I made for normal Maru.
                You can even, for example, get Ondulated hair with no glasses for normal maru and Ondulated hair with glasses for nurse Maru if thats what you like. The zip comes with installing isntructions to do the mix and match you want for her.
                It also has some ingame character sprites rework for Maru (longer hair) and Penny (changed the color of her blue dress).
                Hope you like them :)
                So here it is:
                http://www.mediafire.com/download/e7di5zef23tzt8s/Bachelorettes_Total_Sideview_Rework_M&M_Pack.rar

[​IMG]

If theres any prblem with the mod, just tell me and will try to fix it.
                Maybe I make a similar thing for the bachelors, but not right now, want to enjoy this wonderful game and the making this mod has take me a lot of free time lol

EDIT Didnt know there was a spearate forum now to release the mods, was always using this thread. Putting them in a new thread then.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                  yuukiw and Acrimonia like this.
                • MCemerald53

MCemerald53 Master Chief

Can anyone help me? I can't find the download link to Less Fishing Loss. When I click on the provided link, it only shows AutoCommand Run 1.0, InstantFishCatch 1.1, and Release 1.0... Where can I find Less Fishing Loss?

• sirnarwhalz

sirnarwhalz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is probably a stupid question, but I edited the hair color of the toddler, and it worked fine but theres now a white background in game, how do I remove the white background?

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

• aspen

aspen Void-Bound Voyager

• mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have the same problem.
                      I do not know why that happens. When I save a picture in a folder, it is seen with white boxes in the modified areas. When I keep it on the desktop does not happen this.

• Draivin

Draivin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

XNB Node 0.2.1
                        http://www.mediafire.com/download/v4ttswl7tsdaynm/XNBNode.0.2.1.7z

Changelog
                        - Added support for map files. (All credits to Inari)
                        - Fixed handling of transparent backgrounds, correctly this time. (Thanks to Drogean for sending me reference files)

Breaking Changes
                        - PNGs shouldn't have 2 dots anymore, so if you have a file named 'extracted..png' it should be renamed to 'extracted.png' to pack it successfully.
                        - If you extracted any file containing opacities other than 0% or 100% previously, you should reextract it, as the color calculations were off on pixels containing transparency before.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
                          Drogean and keyten like this.
                        • Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

So yeah, as you read put XNBSimpleDemapper functionality into XNB Node now (with some help of Draivin cause I suck at nodejs :p)
                          So will decommission that~

keyten likes this.
                          • GosuGian

GosuGian Twenty-three is number one

Update please for Storm Mods

• Alice

Alice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Make sure you're right clicking your animals to interact with them and keeping them happy. I've only had two rabbits for about one season and I've already gotten 2-3 rabbits feet from them.

Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.