Music Music Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crossfang, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

[​IMG]

I love posting music that I like.
    I love discovering music from others
    Got one? Post here!​

In this thread we can talk about music, singers, artists, composers, games OST, anime OST and the like!
    Also,you can post your top 10 Songs here! ( I will be posting your top 10 here in the main post for everyone else to see)​

2. Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
    3. Honeybee -Steam Powered Giraffe
    4 Growing Up - Macklemore ft. Ed Sheeran
    5. Loser - Beck
    7. Cough Syrup - Young the Giant
    8. Green & Gold -Lianne La Havas

Segolia 's top ten

1. Kors K - Because of You (Akira Complex Remix) [Exit Tunes - "Lets Do It Again!!"]
    2. Shingo Nakamura - Morning Sun (Hiroyuki ODA Remix) [Otographic Music - "DAYS Remixed"]
    3. Camellia - Landgridding [Sound. Ave - "Driven' De:st-ructure 3"]
    4. Camellia - σ:for the DELTA [KamelCamellia - "PLANET//SHAPER"]
    5. Kaname Shigeyoshi - It's what it's [Diverse System - "AD:Drum and Bass 2"]
    6. Lapix ft. Luschel - Crossroads [Megarex - "Beyond the Limits"]
    7. Akira Complex - Odyssey (Multi Remix) [Single Remix]
    8. Zedd ft. Foxes - Clarity (Kamome Sano Bootleg) [Single Remix]
    9. Camellia - "Hello to the your first video game" [KamelCamellia - "[Diffraction" - dunno what happened with the name on this one...]
    10. Nhato - Magic [Kusemono Records - "Voodooism"]

Hel's top ten

1. Cady Groves - This Little Girl (Officially my song)
    2. Lindsay Stirling & Lizzy Hale - Shatter Me
    3. Hey Monday - How You Love Me Now
    4. The Veronicas - I Can't Stay Away
    5. Elizabeth Gilles & Victoria Justice - Take A Hint
    6. Cady Groves - Forget You
    7. Hey Monday - I Don't Wanna Dance
    8. Natalia Kills - Mirrors
    9. Take That - The Flood
    10. Eiffel 65 - Blue

Gilligan Lanley 's top ten (with info)

1. These Walls -Dream Eater

This song helped me a lot when I was having troubles with self-esteem. I had a friend introduce me to this band, and suggested a few songs to listen to. This song, however, was not in the suggestion; kinda, instead it was the whole Octavarium album they suggested that I listen to. I cried when I first heard this song, and since discovering this band it's been my #1 song of all time.

2. Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica

Metallica gets a lot of flak for "selling out," but that didn't get in the way of my 8 year old brain rocking out to this cover; nor does it now. It was the first song that got me into Metallica; as well as the first, and the gateway into my taste for music today. Thanks to it's huge impact, it takes my #2 spot.

3. Saltwater Joys

This song. THIS song. I love it. Say what you will for folk music, but I'm a sucker for a good jig, even more so when it's a song that speaks to me on a personal level. I'm from Newfoundland, Canada. It's a small island on the east coast, and this is what most Newfoundlanders would call the anthem of the island. Saltwater Joys is a song about the hardships growing up in Newfoundland when times were tough and most people would leave to find work. This song takes my #3 spot.

4. Unknown Soldier - Breaking Benjamin

Another song that got me through some hardships in life. Hands down, right now. Benjamin Burnley has the sexy voice. EVER. This is the first song that I learned all of the lyrics off by heart and could sing along without the song. This song takes #4

5. Night Fever- Bee Gees

If there's a disco song that I love more than Stayin' Alive, it's this one. It's not the first song that I heard by the Bee Gees, but it's the one that always seems to come to mind when I think of them. I listened to them a lot when I was a kid, and I just loved the funky feel of their music. #5 for meh.
    To be continued... shortly.

6. Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold

I don't have much to say about this song. The lyrics, and vocals, just this whole song I'm in love with out of all A7x's songs. That makes number #6 It's also the song that really got me into singing along with another song...

7. Space Jam

This is almost every 90s kid's jam. Just the energy presented in this song was what got me hooked into EDM. Plus... IT'S MICHELE EFFIN' JORDAN WITH LOONEY TOONS! As a kid, I've never loved a sport until this movie. Another big time music influence for me growing up, and I think it sits well here as my #7 song.

8. Moonlight Sonata

Maybe Beethoven's most well known piece. And for good reason. Each movement having it's own unique feel and theme: The first movement Adagio sostenuto - calming, relaxing, yet leaving you with a sense of loneliness; The second movement Allegretto - a more cheery piece, filled with joyous cords and an overall pleasing piece; and finally the third movement Presto agitato - a chaotic swirl of emotion explodes forth in the finale, bringing an end to the full piece. This symphony is what got me onto classical music and a somewhat better appreciation for music and how far it's come. This song takes my #8 spot.

9. Before I forget - Slipknot

To the other end of the spectrum we go! This is the song that got me into the metal scene and hasn't let me out of it since. The energy behind this track is just so badass and I always find myself headbanging when it comes on. This one takes the #9 spot.

10. Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

And last, but not least. My JAM! The song to sing. The song to air guitar to. The song to butcher when you're drunk. Sultans of Swing. It's just such a groovy, rock song. Those clean cords, that mellow voice. And that guitar solo! So good [img src="http://playstarbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/HeartIcon.png" class="mceSmilie" alt="<3> With that I'll make it fast, with one more thing. This song takes #10, the sultans of swing~

Rgbunpro's top ten

The Great Adventure - Steven curtis chapman
    No Monsters - Carman
    Colored People - DC talk
    Somewhere I belong - Linkin Park
    Storm to Pass - Atreyu
    Mosh Pit - Cookie Monstah
    Gangnam style - PSY
    Carbonate - FIAB
    Gerudo Valley dubstep remix - Ephixa
    Catgroove - Parov Stelar

The Lem 's Jumbled top ten

Streetlight Manifesto - A Better Place, A Better Time

I love Streetlight Manifesto; they are easily one of my favourite bands. This song is especially powerful for me because of both its music and lyrics.

Carter Burwell - Fargo, North Dakota

My favourite piece from my favourite soundtrack of one of my favourite films of all time. I loved this track from the moment I first heard it. There is something about it I just find mesmerizing and enthralling. Plus it makes me want to learn violin :).

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

I know this song is "overrated" and whatnot, but I really do love it. It was the first Led Zeppelin song I heard, and it mesmerized me. It still does.

Metallica - One

Metallica were a great band (nowadays they are just meh), and I think this is their best song. I've read the book this song is based on, and seen the movie, which makes this piece even more great for me.

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Easily the best metal song of all time. Nothing more needs to be said.

Opeth - Blackwater Park'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDSbZUKMvtI
    If someone thinks that all death metal has no melody, I show them this song. If someone thinks that all death metal requires no grey matter, I show them this song. Opeth are my favourite band because they are quite simply brilliant. In my opinion, this song is their magnum opus.

Camel - Long Goodbyes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOCL-P0Og6A
    My favourite progressive rock song of all time. Not sure why, it just is.

Opeth - Deliverance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReA58FkwMrk
    I find this song really great when I am angry with someone, but it is especially effective when I am annoyed with myself. Took me a little while to appreciate it, but it is a very good song, even if you don't like this sort of music. Just get past the first minute.

Behemoth - In the Absence ov Light
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7LUbDmfIu0
    I don't usually listen to anything like black metal, but this band (well, this one album) really stands out for me. I would post the whole album (The Satanist) if I could, but this song is my favourite. I find the lyrics really well-written and not just Satan this, Satan that, and that acoustic interlude with the spoken narration is just amazing.

Tool - Schism
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs0GvGnKJ9U
    Tool makes me feel smart :p. I mean, "fundamental differing, pure intention juxtaposed". Smart words.

Top Music Genre of the Month!

December 2015 - Rock (9 votes)
    January 2016 - 8-bit/Chiptune (7 votes)
    February 2016 - Ambient (7 votes)
    March 2016 - Medieval (7 votes)
    April 2016 - Experimental Rock ( 2 votes) Motown ( 2 votes)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

HELLO, I AM SUU. I BRING MUSICALS TO YOUR EARS.

TODAY'S MUSICAL MUSIC IS AN ALBUM CALLED EGOSPECT BY DANIEL MCBRIDE, A VERY TALENTED 17-YEAR-OLD, HERE YOU GO:

Crossfang likes this.
  3. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Wow I think I'll listen to all of this later! I'm listening for only a minute and I like it! Thanks for the share! [​IMG]

4. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

My favourite track is Glare, it's about running away from something that will always follow you.

Check out my Steam group, it's all about indie music: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ListenToThis

5. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Glare.... Hmm never heard of it.. Can you post a sample ?
    And by the way, welcome to the Music thread! [​IMG]

6. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

It's the second song in the album.

7. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Noted! Thanks for the info ![​IMG]
    I'm not really a person who goes deep in music. Actually I love every genres of music . I mean, not everything. I don't like screamo genres and the like.

What about you? What genres do you prefer?

8. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

Taste differs depending on feeling~ At the moment, surreal and artsy stuff. Where do you find your music?

9. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I see. Music can affect your emotions. Greatly affect your emotions...
    Uhm,. I find my music with other people. Mostly I discover them myself. If I have time to spare, I browse spotify or youtube. What about you?

10. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

"Human child, depraved and vile;
    In your smile, the terror of a killer."

11. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I'm currently listening to it and it's hauntingly beautiful! hanks for the share! And welcome to this thread! [​IMG]
    Undertale covers are increasing lately!

I have one too! or more! it's from a youtuber named String Player Gamer

theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  12. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

My music of the day!

The | Suit likes this.
  13. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

One good collection is Cowboy Bebop Sountrack
    A great collection of Bebop Jazz

Serenity, TiddleFits and Crossfang like this.
  14. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

That is absolutely true! It's an incredibly diverse soundtrack.
    Listening to it makes me want to learn lindy hop. [​IMG]

15. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

HELLO, IT IS I SUU. I BRING MUSICALS AGAIN TODAY.

IT IS A REMIX OF SAMPLES FROM YUME NIKKI BY PENGOSOLVENT, VERY TALENTED GIRL, YES!

SLIGHT SPOILERS OF THE GAME:

MY FAVOURITE PART IS BETWEEN 2:25 - 3:50

theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  16. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

It's weird. I find it weird and creepy. It feels Psychedelic .
    But if you like the music, I won't judge you from that.
    We have some different tastes after all . [​IMG]

17. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

The genre is Surreal Sampled Electronica

18. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Oh.. I never heard of it before. But I do now! [​IMG]

19. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

HELLO, THIS IS SUU AGAIN. THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SONGS EVER, TOP 5! CASEY JAMES IS THE GUY WHO DOES THE MUSIC FOR ADVENTURE TIME AND MOST CARTOON NETWORK ADS!

Crossfang likes this.
  20. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

That's a nice tidbit from you. I actually like it! You know, you're weird ... not bad weird, but good weird.