RP Avali Nexus: The RP thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomeGuyNamedDavid

SomeGuyNamedDavid Big Damn Hero

"Oh... that's not quite so bad. Why do you hate them, though?"

2. Myifee

Myifee Guest

"Well, it was nice meeting such a handsome fellow like yourself~

*smiles up at him*

I look forward to our next rendezvous~"

*gets in the elevator and goes into her own room. The instant she does, her perky and flirty demeanor drops.

She walks over to the large bed, laying amidst the cooled pillows as she reviews job offers and hit lists.

None worthwhile or what she was capable of doing.*

"I'll have to leave Abraxis. I suppose it would come to this. City doesn't have enough people worthy of a high-cost assassin... Or perhaps too many that it's not worth a high-cost assassin. Cheap labor, as they say in some places.

I should have left long ago. But this... Dimension is different. More species present in the galaxy than I encountered in my home one."

*she stops speaking into her recorder, then shuts everything off and decides to nap*

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  3. gonzogonz

gonzogonz Phantasmal Quasar

*after saying good bye to Myi Karonu headed back to his small apartment, when he got back he picked up the featureless black cube, looked it over. something was up with it though he didn't know what, it didn't seem to react to anything, so he put it back down*
    what are you..?
    *shines a light over the cube*
    all smooth... hmm...

4. Corosar

Corosar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*she looked down*

ever since my brother mentioned the potential of nanomachines... and how theey could do anything if programed... i...

*she shivered*

5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

"They can...also do a lot of good. Potential for destruction for anything can be...incredible. But you can't let that ruin what good can come out of things."

6. gonzogonz

*Omega steps into view, inside the ship*
    so... you're afraid of nanites?

7. SomeGuyNamedDavid

"Yeah, I see what you mean, it's hard to trust them when they have so much power, but he's got a good point, don't let fear of the worst keep you from letting them help you. ...I was scared of my neural jack when I first got it. I mean, I'm a robot with an internet connection. I was fearing the worst, being taken control of. But I had no choice but to trust it, since it was there from the very beginning. And I'm glad I have it. It's an amazing piece of technology."

8. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Ehks nodded. "Yeah...having...well, something linked to your brain...it can be abused. But...the benefits outweigh the detriments. Vastly."

9. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

Hym was having a very, very bad time. He had just stabbed his hand with a knife, now that, he had to admit didn't see coming. He was REALLY hoping there was a doctor nearby
    // Hello?

10. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

Cerivus. Cerivus. You must wake up immediately.

[Cerivus managed to lift himself from his bed.]

What... is the problem at hand?

I have lost contact with Galaxion's wrist computer.

You helped him escape, did you not?

And yet here I am, requesting your help. Strange, isn't it?

gonzogonz likes this.
  11. SomeGuyNamedDavid

"Abused doubly so when your own connection to your body is electronic to begin with. But, as long as it keeps showing no signs of trouble, I'll trust it. Especially when it can do such amazing things. I mean, I've only barely scratched the surface and I'm hooked."

12. Corosar

Corosar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i... i guess your right ehk....
    *squeaks out and covers her head a bit*

d....d....deathly.....a.....afraid... a...almost to a point of phobic.... the idea of them running through the body....

*she squeaks and shudders... strangely looking almost completely like she was about to break down like a little kit.*
    *she nodded softly and shook her head trying to shake her feelings of nerves*

i..... i had similar feelings about the neural jack... i hold so many deep dark secrets about technology and magic from my world... i would rather have not let anyone access to them... but... i found it was very hard to hack a jack....

13. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

((That sounds remarkably like a pre-activation Ateros [I know it isn't, but still]))
    ((...I would put something RPish here to help legitimize this post but I don't have anything to do with Rasano yet and the other two have yet to even be introduced. Hmm.))

14. SomeGuyNamedDavid

"Having heard that for the first time made me feel a lot better about it, too. At first I had no choice but to trust it, but then that gave me my first reason to trust it."
    // We have a separate OOC thread now, so you can post there to not have to worry about legitimizing your posts or anything.

15. Legotank1110

Legotank1110 Pangalactic Porcupine

*After a while Lego begins walking down towards dock 15*
    Ok, I've finally figured out there were numbers near the airlocks.........
    Duh....
    Wow, I didn't expect that from you....
    *After a few minutes Lego passes by Dock 15*
    There it is..... I'll just set my hammock near the airlock.....I'll get it when we're about to leave.
    *Lego sets down his hammock near the airlock*
    I don't entirely think that is the best idea......
    If I don't get it someone else will
    *Lego begins to walk back towards the others*

16. gonzogonz

// this has a whole 'nother purpose.
    clam down, please. i think a little education will help with this fear.
    there is a few different types of nanites, but mainly there are "active" and "passive" nanites.
    Active nanites are the thing most soldiers use and are typically found in your common Avali. they are also what The Designers used. to define them: active nanites will work intelligently as a swarm to complete their task, often governed by a AI core or neural jack.
    Passive or inactive nanites work more as material. they don't move to complete their task. i do not recommend injecting passive nanites into your blood stream, unless the type is meant for it. passive nanites are the sort of thing you can use for simple clothes, and such. you could define passive nanites with: a material made up of nano-machines, often having only a few states to change between.

of course these terms are a bit... soft. not too precise, but i think you get the idea. Passive nanites can't hurt you more than a chunk of any other material. active nanites are the ones that could be considered dangerous.

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

*wanders through the forest, towards the city screaming* "HELLO? ANYONE OUT THERE"

18. gonzogonz

*complete and eerie silence, the forest has no wildlife since it was made by a terraformer*

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I am starting to think that beast was not from around here.

Hey I hear people in the distance!

HELLO?!
    // those pirates dropped a few ladge crates full of some of the sector's most dangerous wildlife to hunt down Marx, so that is going to change

20. gonzogonz

*still silence... Save for something moving in the distance*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.