1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed World 'lag', unique to specific world

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Gotcha!, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pangalactic Porcupine

Odd thing happened while I was exploring planets.
    One planet refuses to... I dunno. Load? While I was exploring this particular planet, eventually things got laggy, even though I wasn't multiplaying. Bullets wouldn't hit things, monsters would stop moving. if I'd move on I'd see a huge cliff, like a chunk of the world isn't loaded.
    After minutes stuff would finally move again, but only briefly. When continuing my walk the game would stagnate again, for seemingly longer periods of time.
    Did some restarting etc, but the problem remains and only on this world. I visited other worlds after this one and they don't have any problems.

Alpha Yggdrasil Majoris VI a - a tropical world.
    If it matters, I'm running Win7 64-bit.

2. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

3. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pangalactic Porcupine

Just did a test to be sure: When running through that world my CPU usage is at ~13%. When I reach the culprit usage increases to ~21% and stays there. So there's definitely something going on I guess, although it isn't making my pc sweat. ^_^'
    It always seems to happen at the same spot. Perhaps something didn't properly generate on this map.
    I can't tell what this would be though, since at some point I can't seem to continue.

4. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

You can check for a corrupted file by deleting / renaming (add .broken at the end) the planet's file in the universe folder (Starbound\giraffe_storage\universe). The coordinates give the first part of the filename (solar system), the last one or two digits are for the planet. Next time you visit the planet it should be generated again.

Please Report this thread ("Report Abuse" and ask) to get closed if you agree that we should proceed in the existing thread I linked to above. I already quoted your initial post and added my own report.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.