1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

v1.2.5 on Steam 'Test Branch' Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Pastuleio

Pastuleio Risk of Rain Developer

Hey guys,

We are alive! We have been crazy busy with porting, fixing bugs/connection issues, and being in our final year at University. We have a version that has a number of fixes, online-updates, and small optimization additions that will go live on the ‘Test Branch’ for Risk of Rain for Windows users later today on Steam. For anyone that is interested in helping us testing out this version and provide us with feedback on how the game is running, if there are any crashes, and overall how you feel about the version feel free to download it. You need to opt into ‘Beta Releases‘ through Steam.
    Here is a link on how to do that: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Betas

The password for the Test Branch is ‘riskofraintest’ .

Please shoot us an email at ‘spacegame2012@gmail.com’ if you find anything you need to report with as much information included as possible with the ‘v1.2.5′ tag in the subject of the email. OR you can leave a forum post in this thread where will monitor all questions and concerns.

Thank you for your continued patience and we hope this build will be rolled out to the public soon with your help!

-Paul

• McClain

McClain Yeah, You!

Awesome! When will the beta go live? Are you going to update here when it's up? I'm absolutely in.

• Akiroso

Akiroso Space Hobo

Not sure if its a bug but you cant get OHKO'd at full health on glass even if the damage output matches the amount of max health you have

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

The beta is already online guys. =)

We focused on the following:
          • bugs that were reported that resulted in crashes
          • malfunctioning achievements (item unlocks)
          • attempted to address "falling through the floor" issues (this one is really confusing for us too)
          • Online Connectivity (the dreaded "Item Sharing" glitch)
          We also added Steam Cloud to the game, so let us know if you have any concerns there too!

Have fun!
          ~ Leth

warxy and SleepySquidd like this.
          • Matthanic

Matthanic Phantasmal Quasar

THANK YOU FOR USING BETA TESTER <3<3<3<3<3<3 We can make this the best update this game ever had now! =D

• McClain

McClain Yeah, You!

I'm not seeing the beta in my list. It just has "steam beta update" or none.

• Matthanic

Matthanic Phantasmal Quasar

Go to your library > Right click on Risk of Rain > Press the "BETAS" Tab > Enter the code "riskofraintest" > Select the "beta -" > Done, Risk of Rain should now update and say "[beta]" behind it.

• Pie Lord

Pie Lord Space Hobo

Really glad the annoying 'falling through the world on spawn' bug was fixed, and the online fixes seem to have done something. A problem I have is that none of my sniper runs are recorded. After completed a run or maybe even several w/ the sniper, it will still say '1' on the chart O' character runs. Also, my monster logs that I pick up aren't always saved. Other than that, the game is coming along more and more smoothly! Keep up the great work devs!

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

EXCELLENT news. First report (not sure if bug or can even be fixed tbh) but my controller doesn't work with the game. It used to work in a previous update (but the move to the new engine "broke" it)

I don't have multiple controllers so I have no clue if its just my controller's issue or what. (http://www.sabrent.com/category/gaming/USB-GAMEPAD/ <- link to what controller I have)

Will continue searching for bugs. Thanks!

EDIT: MAJOR PROBLEM: Taking ANY FALL DAMAGE crashes the game. Attaching copy/pasted crashes (not sure if there's a separate folder or whatnot for the beta branch but if there is I haven't found it yet so I can't attach the actual crashlog)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
                    • Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

Same here, and it still doesn't work, haven't got past the menu :(.

Thanks for not abandoning totally the game.

• ()siris

()siris Space Hobo

Glad you guys are working on the coop. My buddy and I haven't been able to get a game going for a few months online and would really like to play again.
                        First Bug Report:
                        Invisible platform near beginning of first stage. No collision with floor when falling from great height. (both in desolate forest).
                        Problem did not repeat on second play through...

• ocho cinco

ocho cinco Void-Bound Voyager

of Step EventoP
                          for object oJelly:

Unable to find any instance for object index '143577'
                          at gml_Object_oJelly_Collision_325
                          ############################################################################################[DOUBLEPOST=1424531769][/DOUBLEPOST]___________________________________________
                          ############################################################################################
                          FATAL ERROR in
                          action number 1
                          of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                          for object oChainLightning:

Unable to find any instance for object index '143938'
                          at gml_Object_oChainLightning_Alarm_0
                          ############################################################################################[DOUBLEPOST=1424531847][/DOUBLEPOST]can't even get past the first level without it crashing on beta

• McClain

McClain Yeah, You!

Friend and I played online and were able to get to the last level, beat the game, and even see the credits roll! Probably need to do it a few more times, but it seems stable for me so far.

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Did my first run on this build and
                              -spawned in desolate forest, got stuck in infinite loop of falling. Seems it isn't fixed.
                              -started again, and got all the way to magma barracks before dying, with no bugs.
                              -recorded first ten minutes:

Game crashed when I tried to close it by the way.

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Those of you having issues, please confirm you are using the beta download (1.2.5). If you are not, then please edit your bug reports accordingly. =)

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

Just checked. Confirmed. v1.2.5 is in the top left corner.

• Ghzdude

Ghzdude Void-Bound Voyager

Using Version 1.2.5, I'll write this as I play;
                                    -Some of the font in the character selection screen is offset from the rest.
                                    I'm now playing as Han-D on Monsoon with Glass, Command, Sacrifice, and Origin Artifacts enabled
                                    -if you use your drone on a jellyfish that's partially in the ground, it won't do anything to the jelly.
                                    -there's a little peice of a column that's missing on Dried Lake. upload_2015-2-21_18-50-3.png
                                    -can go through the wall in the top right corner of the underwater level
                                    upload_2015-2-21_19-20-47.png
                                    Now im back in the main menu screen
                                    -overlapping text in the acheivements screen were you unlock the CHEF
                                    I might edit more in later.

• TheMugbearer

TheMugbearer Phantasmal Quasar

A changelog will be nice... Can someone link me to one if there's one at all?

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

I can confirm that I, too, fell through the ground in desolate forest the first time I started 1.2.5. Was forced to return to menu and start again, which the bug did not happen. To be honest, I never came across the floor falling bug in any previous version (not counting the bug with Ifrit's walls deleting the ground). I managed to reach the end of the game (though died before Providence) without a bug or serious lag.

Also, I like that low quality makes money/exp invisible. (Sadly, no thumbs up emote, have some cats instead.) :kitten: :kitten2:

• epilis

epilis Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for this!! I've spent over 200 hours on this game and will definitely be putting in many more

Tried 1.2.5 Beta last night on Windows 7.
                                          Macbook pro 2012, 2.7 GHz i7, w/Nvidia GT650M, 8 gigs ram, 360 wired controller, 1x zoom
                                          Still had slowdown when reaching the final level (which is my biggest irk), though I did the quickest run as possible with no loops and collected ~15 items. Hope to have time for more testing since I love to stack items like crazy.