1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Hmmmm. Not sure how that plays in. Maybe that boosts the speed of the transformation? Or maybe that completely eliminates the need for drysap and is basically a cloning process.

2. Adam Tracinya

Adam Tracinya Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I am the CEO of Skytide PMC, and I would like to do a job for you to boost the corporations rep.
    I can help exterminate the agaran menace for free. We hold no responsibility for any florans harmed or killed during the ops.
    You can see our ethics here.

The Squid likes this.
  3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Hmm. That sounds... interesting. Just don't kill them all, because we still have to study/learn about them. Maybe in the near future, though...:lolwut:

4. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

The offer sounds good until you read their ethics and find out that they're angry at the Florans, Miniknog, Tentacle Monster, and Circle of Thorns, and outright state that they will kill florans for free. Sounds like a shady business to me.

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

This is my breaking point. Nobody gets mad at big things that destroy planets on my watch....

*flips a table*

Type1Ninja, The Squid and Cloudhopper like this.
  6. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

I'm just saying, until Greenfinger gets the necessary research, I'd prefer they keep that Thing alive. As for the Miniknog, gathering the necessary numbers to take them down would be dangerous. Also, the Circle of Thorns are deadly assassins. I think it's a bit ambitious.

...Also, I'm biased from being Floran.

7. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Tentacomet is a great guy. He payed for my Thursday night dinner. Greenfinger just don't know how nice this beast is yet. He needs to have his dinner payed for.

The Squid and Cloudhopper like this.
  8. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I can understand the Minknog, but Florans? They're like babies! So cute and friendly (unless you're a Hylotl). I love Florans. They're the best. The tentacle beast, as Owl_Stalker said, is a really nice guy. And the Circle of Thorns is just a bunch of Avians who thought it would be fun to start a secret club. What's wrong with that?

Type1Ninja and Cloudhopper like this.
  9. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

Floran not let shady guys kill agarans.Floran kill agarans,using hazmat suits.Also,ethics say they won't kill innocents,but WILL kill florans for free.That doesn't really make sense-Not all florans are evil.

10. Adam Tracinya

I've changed my ethics, because now that I think about it, those don't match up with how Skytide really is.
    Also my primary character is human, my secondary character is hylotl, and I feel sympathy for the oppressed apex, and the grounded avians, so hopefully that explains my original ethics.[DOUBLEPOST=1420998637][/DOUBLEPOST]Also if you think about it the florans are possibly the biggest villain in the game since they eat all the meaty species.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  11. Divoratore

Agaran also absorb florans,so they kill everything:clog up glitchs,infect novakids,absorb avians,use florans,infect humans,infect hylotl and do strange stuff to apex.Agaran are worse that florans.

12. Adam Tracinya

Eh, potato potahto. If florans did not exist we wouldn't have this problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1421001680][/DOUBLEPOST]Am I hired or not.
    "Sigh" I will do my best to save florans during the ops, so the effect of drysap and agaran spores on florans can be studied.
    I will also do recon, and during an attack I will try to completely raze everything, including the buildings and the landscape.
    My troops and I will also do full decontamination showers after the mission.

13. Divoratore

Still,agaran can use avians to "clone" themselves,can they?By the way,agarans pose no threat to an experienced floran:Only florans that actually stay in some sort of prison that is ridicolously easy to exit get infected,and even then it's pretty slow and the floran must eat drysap.I myself actually kill florans found in agaran prisons(As i kill all and every agaran).

On an unrelated note,i think florans hate hylotl for two reasons
    1:Fish/amphibian tastes pretty good
    2:Florans are enraged VERY easily,and let say the truth:A lot of hylotl are arrogant.That could even have leaded to the war where floran did drive hylotl off their planet.

14. Adam Tracinya

Like I said, am I hired, cause I don't know if you've noticed, but mercs are very impatient.

15. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I'm not getting notifications from here. fungi sappin' mah alertbox

It's a bit contradictory we're expecting the shrooms do evil while Agarans are completely quiet. Just a bit. Everyone just quickly assume they're building an army. Only you can protect your prejudice.

Perhaps you're right with the helions. Fits because very few really knows what they look like and they prefer to keep it that way (like in ascendant's tale).

There might be some kind of hivemind or hereditary memories as the villages and other structures are similar to each other, without them actually learning the building style from the preceding generation. They spread from planet to planet by spores, not spaceships, unable to see the buildings after forming an actual body. Such behavior is also present in FLY AWAY, where the new-born Agaran was able to shut down the life-support systems.
    Only one of the chambers have the dispenser. Megapost has all of the settlements.

This organization, oh my... I'm with Owl here. Tentacle monster discrimination insults me profoundly. I'm part human, part tentacle you know! There is a small tentacle beast living inside me, or maybe dying I dunno, but the big one is like a father to me (or actually a very distant relative of some sort).

16. Khuur

Khuur Pangalactic Porcupine

I thought the comic was a lot of fun, and also didn't really tell us anything new about the Agaran except that Charlton McVicar is an unreliable narrator.

17. Adam Tracinya

Are you going to hire me or not.
    Cause like I said before "Sigh" I will do my best to save florans during the ops, so the effect of drysap and agaran spores on florans can be studied.
    I will also do recon, and during an attack I will try to completely raze everything, including the buildings and the landscape.
    My troops and I will also do full decontamination showers after the mission.

18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

As the owner of the Agaran Preserver Initiative (API), I officially declare what I call "Fancypants War".

The Squid likes this.
  19. Adam Tracinya

What the crap does that mean!?!
    Are you declaring war on my corp.

20. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I've sent 3.14159 shapships to to your solar system to cover your planets in very tempting mile-thick layers of cinnamon coated butter. Be prepared.

Christovski likes this.