November 12th - Mission in Action

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Teknix

Teknix Star Wrangler

While all of this is awesome and well received in general, when will any update be made to the stable build? Yes I know I'm beating a dead horse here but I, along with a lot of others I assume, are wishing to get an update from chucklefish on the matter. May I at least get an idea of the next stable patch timeframe? I was trying to do an lp series on nightly but its too buggy to hope for any type of continuous character progression and stable has been played through too many times to do again without mods. Thanks to any Chucklefish staff that reply.

MutatedAlien likes this.
  2. Zebak

Zebak Void-Bound Voyager

o/~ S.A.I.L. !!! o/~ ^.^ o/~

3. Aerexes

Aerexes Void-Bound Voyager

More of a suggestion related to the AI in your ship -- randomly assign a "personality" (the way the text/quests/prompts are displayed) to the S.A.I.L. (instead of based on race...?) when on character creation; who knows, will it be a formal AI, a sassy bot, or a drab Marvin?

One could be: Sir, I have received a distress signal from the nearby tentacle-infested planet. High caution is advised.

And another: Hey captain, someone is whining his head off for help! Get your lazy bum over and deal with the problem. Oh, and tentacles.

4. Mero

Mero Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope the text for miss sass bot changes depending on the lazyness rating of your bum.

Also I would worry about my bum on a Tentacle planet.

Higuera likes this.
  5. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    Booyah~♥

Lintton and Jonesy like this.
  6. aiken

aiken Aquatic Astronaut

I don't like this system of missions, I would prefer to find the missions exploring worlds.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    Nutric likes this.
  7. Yondaquils

Yondaquils Big Damn Hero

i have a suggestion, would you add a key-board config options? something like left=a, right=d ..
    sorry for the bad english, i'm not a native.

8. I've been lurking in the shadows.

Higuera and Jonesy like this.
  9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Oh, you think the shadows are your allies, but you merely lurk in them. I was born in them, molded by them... until I became the guy with the most posts on the entire goddamn forum.

Lintton, Titanium, Dunto and 5 others like this.
  10. Idlemind

Idlemind Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can missions give you planet coordinates to fly to?

If so it'd be interesting to see some bounty missions.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Obvious, wasn't it? But what could the planet's name be?

Fruiteyes likes this.
  12. drakd

drakd Void-Bound Voyager

How many missions do you guys have finished?

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Considering the moon mine seems to be a dead end for now... zero :D

14. Mero

Mero Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm Gonna be making a list (checking it twice) of all my mission ideas.

Heist.
    Prison escape?
    Flooding lava cave/dungeon escape.
    Pirate ship battle?

That's all I can think of for now.

15. theapple645

theapple645 Space Hobo

I have downloaded and re downloaded the nightly buid 3 times and everytime I try to pla (I hit launch starbound) a error comes up and it doesnt work.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Perhaps if you told us which error? Though the solution is probably the same as always...

17. XENOXES

XENOXES Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, I just tried to load nightly, and it crashes when I select a character. I've had nightly for a while, and I just deleted the config file. I'm not quite sure what to do. Can someone give me a hand with this?

18. AlexTehYoshi

AlexTehYoshi Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, why cant i upgrade my Matter Manipulator to max?

19. garpu

garpu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is client.config now called something else? Nothing in assets or Starbound. (Seems to have disappeared after this update, so I'm not sure if it's something on my end or theirs.)

20. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

> Turdodor F*ckball

Kawa likes this.