1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Creative Mode - Complete control over your experience. 1.4.5

A mod that allows modifying the game experience through in-game items.

1. KonTheDon

KonTheDon Void-Bound Voyager

Thank You Zero the Reploid.
    I tried it on my own way and find a solution for it before i read your post. I did it the same way you told in your post. I just create a new purple table and called it modtable. Its a little bit of work to add all of your items but it works.

2. Zero the Reploid

Zero the Reploid Big Damn Hero

Anytime. A little while after I made that post, some more experimenting brought me to understand that some of those steps need to be changed for accuracy and simplicity, so I'll be changing it in a second here.

But I'm interested, how exactly did you create a new table? Before that, do you mean an actual new spawning box using the CM mod, or a category under the spawning box? Because either way, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how, it'd make searching for the Avali blocks and furniture a LOT easier, in addition to my, like, thirteen other mods.

3. KonTheDon

KonTheDon Void-Bound Voyager

OK so here is what i done:
    1. Go into this folder \Starbound\mods\creativemode\objects\wired and copy the spawningtable folder and rename it to modtable or whatever u want
    2. Rename everything in this folder and the icon folder from spawningtable to modtable and open .object file and do the same
    3. Create icons for your filterbuttons. you need two of them filter.png and filterpressed.png. you also have to change the entry in the .object file search for filterButtons
    4. Now we created the item but we need to add things to it so go to \Starbound\mods\creativemode\recipes and copy spawningtable and rename it to modtable
    5. Add recipes to the modtablefolder and open them. Add "modtable" to the groups

How to create a new filter e.g. for the avali mod:
    1. Go to \Starbound\mods\creativemode\objects\wired\modtable\icons and create two .png files. One unselected Button and one selected button e.g. avalifilter.png and avalifilterpressed.png
    2. Open the modtable.object and add folowing under this line: "filterButtons" : [
    {
    "baseImage" : "/objects/wired/modtable/icons/avalifilter.png",
    "baseImageChecked" : "/objects/wired/modtable/icons/avalifilterpressed.png",
    "filter" : "avali"
    },
    3. Add your recipes you want to have in here into \Starbound\mods\creativemode\recipes\modtable, open them and add "avali" to the groups
    "groups" : [ "avali", "modtable", "mod", "objects", "all", "other" ]

Hope you unterstand

4. Zero the Reploid

Zero the Reploid Big Damn Hero

Well that actually seems pretty straightforward, I can already tell what programs I'll be using and what minor things I'll be doing between those steps. Ill be sure to try it out when I've worked up to playing Starbound again, probably in a day or two. Currently I'm getting a little bored of playing singleplayer

5. DKAG15

DKAG15 Space Spelunker

It is not working at all for me. It doesn't show me the table on any of my characters.

6. Razgriz_Ace18

Razgriz_Ace18 Void-Bound Voyager

So, I'm cool with the Super Matter Manipulator, but you can't delete it, so when I actually am done with it and want to get rid of it, I have to use loopholes. This isn't major so just trying to get it to be delete-able at some point would be nice.

7. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Smelt it.

8. Razgriz_Ace18

Razgriz_Ace18 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for the advise sir!

9. chapaman22

chapaman22 Space Hobo

There is no Ultimate Box in my crafting menu, can you please help?

10. StarB1nder

StarB1nder Void-Bound Voyager

How good are you at Lua cause I thought it would be a cool idea to have an invincible block that can only be broken by the Super Matter Manipulator.

11. Kyriod

Kyriod Void-Bound Voyager

I've been looking round, and I've pushed a lot of buttons, but I cannot find out how to make the Creative Mode Flight work. What're the controls for it?

12. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Press F

13. *DAWID*

*DAWID* Space Spelunker

Update to the Nightly Build, please.

14. 52killer

52killer Big Damn Hero

ok i cant create the ultimate box

15. matrix1368

matrix1368 Pangalactic Porcupine

Can you please add the Spawners to the box? It would be awesome to have unlimited spawners :D

16. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Wasn't really planning on doing updates for nightly (it just moves way too damn fast), but I might look into the new patching system to atleast get it working in nightlies again.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  17. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I would love to see this working with the 1.0 release version of the game when that launches later this year or early next year.

18. TerraStorm32

TerraStorm32 Aquatic Astronaut

the box does not appear.

19. ONYX1997

ONYX1997 Space Hobo

I am unable to extract the zip file :( any suggestions? also sorry if i am not supposed to post here for help/support with this mod im new here

20. hotcoco

hotcoco Space Spelunker

hmm.. noticed that when you have a creative mode thing by itself , you can walk past it. now if you have 2 on top of each other it turns them solid. if you can i would like them to be pass-through.