1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED the pony modpack V3.2.4 Balanced Stallion

a starbound my little pony: friendship is magic centred modpack

1. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

If calls had logs, I'd totally call you out on this one. :p

2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I dont actually have Starbound anymore PC broke i'm on another but heey, i dont mind. From a piece of shit to using a gamer PC? o3o Worth all my files.
    So that means im NOT getting Starbound until the next update.

I mean, unless you're bored enough to send me a perfectly ready Starbound game + starcheat, but ohter than that...

But im still wondering how that .abc sounds like cause im probaly going to resume using my piano to piss off everyone repeadly playing the same tune over and over again cause it like it. Soo... any ohter wahy ohter htan installing the game and song and playing it or? :p

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I've got a question for everyone does that looks great?
    tell me what you think i could do if you think i could do more to make them look better.
    preview-swords-forum.png
    this is what one next big sword of the pony races will look like

4. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Other than the titanium sword looking kinda brown instead of faintly purple like the ore/bars are, I think its nice that they suit each tier's coloration.

They look a little blunted though, maybe a lighter color along the sharp edge might make it seem more like a blade?

5. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Maybe they could like, entirely be made of the metal? Just saying cause the handle usually doesnt need super strenght when the rest of the blade is just steel.

Also add a edge like Christ said.

6. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

is that better?
    preview-swords-forum-v2.png

7. Christovski

A little bit, but this is more what I was meaning, the very edge of the blade being a noticeably lighter color gives an image of a sharp edge, and (in my opinion) makes it look more like a blade instead of a blunt object, since the 3D model doesn't need visual clues because it is obviously a sword when viewed in 3D it loses a bit of information when downgraded to a 2D sprite, and to me it doesn't quite look like a sharp-edged weapon in sprite form.

This is my opinion however, it is your mod to do with as you so choose, so don't feel I'm telling you that you must do it, but I did a very hack job at this (I'm no pixel artist) but I'm sure you could take the idea and implement it better, if you desire:

preview-swords-forum-v2-edge.PNG

That should give you more of an idea of what I was trying to say

8. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Mix what Christ said and what you already did and it should look nice.
    Or just make them hoever you want, i dont like the look of them anyways s000

9. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

i actually like your idea, it looks much more deadly like this... *fall asleep.... POOF...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*[DOUBLEPOST=1412817908][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Scival, there is one thing i will always remember form my philosophy classes, taste aren't a mater of discussion, ideas are because they create the tastes.
    (yes i actually survived to my philosophy classes during college...)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  10. Christovski

Yeah I just used one single color all the way around, but maybe if you took the existing color of each pixel around the edge of the blade and brightened them as they are, it would be a more detailed look but still give the illusion of a sharp edge

Also I'm not Jesus so ppl can just use Chris for short not Christ :unsure:

11. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

how does that looks now?
    preview-swords-forum-v3.png

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  12. Christovski

Like something good for chopping mushroom-men to pieces :rofl:

13. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

it works....

14. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

What's a man? o3o

15. Christovski

16. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

i thought about these dudes:
    in nightly do (in admin /admin to login as admin in the chat)
    /spawnmonster smallshroom [lvl here]

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

:lickitung:
    beacuse lickitung.

18. Christovski

It kind of IS the best emoticon.

19. Deciton_Reven

Deciton_Reven Cosmic Narwhal

Just as a reminder to myself: I still exist.

Sorry for lack of me making stuff, I just haven't had the motivation for spriting for a time. I do want to get in some more stuff in soon, I just never know when my self will roll back onto that track, or if I'll get a day were I allow myself to do whatever and will actually sprite instead of do other things I want to prioritize. But yeah, just posting to let you know I haven't abandoned anything.

20. Christovski

I'm sure a lot of folks are waiting on the big 1.0, I'm personally terrified that the new progression system and removal of separate sectors will cause all my planets I've built things on to be lost (I have at least 8 separate characters with their own worlds all at tier 10) so I don't want to make anything more and risk more things being lost forever (data loss is pretty much a huge nightmare for me, i put a lot of myself into what I build)

So I wait. With bated breath. Until 1.0 brings me back to the bounding of stars.