1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Only Hardcore

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by dragonl, Sep 18, 2014.

1. dragonl

dragonl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi I have a small server Starbound and wanted to ask you a question. Can you configure the server so that they can enter characters only Hardcore ?.

But you can is there any mod to perform this function ?, I've been looking but can not find any.

Greetings!

2. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

Not as of now (Hardcore only players), I believe this might be a thing in the future.

As for mods, I'm almost certain there is a mod to make the game harder, even tho you can't make the characters die permanently. You could also make a mod yourself, editing the settings from normal playstyle, such thing would allow you to at least change the % of pixel drop and other things. You could add it to your server modpack and pass it on to your users.

Good luck!

3. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Sadly there isn't a method of doing it yet, I think it's due to the server not checking the character's difficulty when they log in.
    It should be a possibility in the future but no mods could do it, a server plugin possibly could.

4. dragonl

dragonl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much for answering. I guess it's a matter of time that new functions for the server will appear.

One thing I miss in starbound, is that the characters are not stored on the server itself, as in Minecraft. So could play on any PC without copying the folder to be my character.

5. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

Yeah, this is planned to be in the game eventually.

6. almost 2 and half years later, no hardcore only mode.