1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

If you see some bugs reappearing in builds without getting fixed, report it. If it appeared just recently after latest update, you might want to wait for another nightly to see if it is gone before reporting it, to remove minor irrelevant reports that are caused by feature being in the works.

Alucard I likes this.
  2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

@mollygos Should I maybe upgrade the thread to work with nightly versions too? Or are you aware of *all* featured bugs in them?

Tleno likes this.
  3. Jexel

Jexel Subatomic Cosmonaut

The game freezes for a moment when switching from no weather to rain.

4. We've actually decided that this thread will replace Molly's bug thread in the support forum. Thanks for all your work, @Alucard I

Alucard I likes this.
  5. Mongoose

Mongoose Space Hobo

Game freezes whenever I kill a Dragon Knight
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  6. Alucard I

No problems guys, all hail CF :D

7. Emrys Thomas

Emrys Thomas Void-Bound Voyager

Minor Bug:
    Text is not fitting in properly for the Skyrail tech. See below

Attached Files:

Alucard I likes this.
  8. Alucard I

Your inventory has two tabs. The first one is for usable items and other stuff. The second tab is for blocks. That's where your wood is.

9. dartgarret

dartgarret Lucky Number 13

in the game when you create a player and goes into the game does not appear any cave !!
    I can not create a bow as there is no vines growing in the caves as caves do not!
    Help, what to do?

в игре при создании игрока и захода в игру не появляется ни одной пещеры!!
    не могу создать лук так как нет лиан растущих в пещерах,так как пещер нету!
    помогите,что делать?

Tleno likes this.
  10. Alucard I

Are you playing nightly builds? This may be the reason of your problem. Also try switching the planet and see if next one has caves in it. Just dig some coal and use it on your fuel hatch.

Ты на ночные версии переключился? Они багованные, наверно разрабы что то напутали с генерацией планет. попробуй сменить планету, может найдешь планету с пещерами. Добудь уголь и слетай на соседнюю

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Tleno likes this.
  11. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

It takes significant work to get to the level of being able to other planets in the current nightly builds.

Plant Fibre can be acquired when harvesting crops though, so the easiest way to get some is probably just to grow and harvest some wheat.

12. Alucard I

This works too, though amount of plant fibre from crops is quite low.

13. rob5300

rob5300 Space Hobo

Hello, add 2 from me, First that sometimes when traveling to a planet(has been the same) with a friend in a party, one of the journeys may never end, a client relog pushes them back to the past planet, with fuel consumed :(.
    Also, some lighting objects break even when inside a building.

14. ManedWolf

ManedWolf Aquatic Astronaut

Today I played with my friend on my server. We explored a planet(sector Beta) and come back at ours planet. But my friend became invisible, all furniture and doors disaper. After 20 seconds my server crashed. And everything disappeared. I have some screenshoots. Please, fix this bug. And sorry for my English. 2014-07-31_00002.jpg 2014-07-31_00003.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    Emrys Thomas likes this.
  15. Emrys Thomas

I had this same thing happen to me, but on single player. Every single planet was reset as if I had never been there.

16. jubaG_

jubaG_ Guest

I was playing with my friend, I was in my spaceship, trying my new weapon, (assault rifle thingy that shoots slo-mo bullets then bullets become faster) and I saw this bug:
    I put 2 blocks (purple dirt) under some platforms and when I clicked S+Space (to get off the platform) My feet was just standing in air! And also, the dirt blocks seemed it was connected to the platforms!
    [​IMG]
    And I'm not done yet, there's another bug:
    I actually used my Chargekiller (Assault Rifle) in an impervium door and I got this bug: I shoot in the door,
    [​IMG]
    but its position becomes vertical and not horizontal then it stays still with it's sprite!
    [​IMG]
    Why, just...why? D:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  17. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I figured someone else would have reported this bug by now, but I don't see it anywhere in the list, so here's one from the latest "stable" build:

When running backwards while holding a weapon or item, the frontarm sprite animates as if the player were running forward instead of backward. This causes a bit of a "dislocated shoulder" effect. (The arm animates forward while the body animates backward.) I first noticed this bug while playing with the Avali race mod; the animation for the arms is different than the standard humanoid animation and makes the bug more noticeable. I haven't played the nightly build, but if I had to guess, I'd assume that it hasn't been addressed yet since it's not very noticeable unless you're playing with a race mod like the Avali.

18. Emrys Thomas

Sometimes rope found in chests is not recognized as actual rope. It does not stack with "created" rope, and cannot be used to build items that use rope, such as a grappling hook.

Attached Files:

19. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

I think there are two different items with the same icon. Rope and Climbing Rope.

20. PikaKels

PikaKels Yeah, You!

My game doesn't come close to loading at all it ends up doing (StarExextion)... and File Error.

I have Windows 8 and it doesn't load. Do I need to Update cause I don't want to update to Windows 8.1 cause my Toshiba takes a while to load the login screen when I shut down the P.C. I have to rapidly press the power button in order for the login in screen to show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.