1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Death Penalty in the Nightly Builds

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DaJoe85, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Too casual the game was going to be amazing, then they were like "let's make it friendly and casual", will Wright was heartbroken hat his "baby" was ruined that way and he left maxis because of it. And all of the customers, even the "casuals" were disappointed. And it became little more then children's game full of minigames.

It was suppose d to be a scientific God game
    It was ruined.

2. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

So, you're okay for the ORE DROP (not ORE VAPORIZE/DELETE) then?

3. Untrustedlife

Yes. But keep in mind how else the game changed, enemies have been made slow and weak as heck. If they keep going this way they could alienate like a third of the fan base.those who want fighting and challenge.

There must be a way to appeal to both. We just have to figure it out.

Maybe some kind of ore teleporter, or portable teleports

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  4. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

So you want to go about the impossible task of trying to please everyone by reinventing the wheel?

5. Untrustedlife

reinventing the wheel isnt the issue here, the issue is to make it fun for me, and people like me, that is why i suggested that, its not hard to implement and would seem to fix the problems everyone has been having with caves.

Without "reinventing" the wheel you could go about it in a way similar to terraria, some sort of express lane out of the caves (In the form of a tool), not only would this fix this issue, but it would fix peoples other issue with the caves. that itr is hard to get out of them

6. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Well, there's always my idea listed near the top of page 2, which is to make it all based off of optional settings at character creation that give out bigger rewards for higher risks. That's the whole risk vs reward idea being worked in a way that makes everyone happy. People who prefer single-player can choose whatever they want, people on servers can make a character on a server and see what options are flagged, as the host would be the one who determines the optional settings.

7. Untrustedlife

I prefer my solution. More options isnt always the best solution , it clutters things and new players have no idea on how to get ideal/fun gameplay for them, likely they will play on normal, and if normal is casual (basically an easy mode) some players would be turned off, perhaps no ore dropping could be moved to easy.. just one step below normal. But I think My solution is better because it kills two bird-monsters with one sword..so to speak,

QFT

8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

you got hardmode if you need your ego boost,
    i would like the game to be fun myself

you dont need to change the easyest diffaculty to appel to the xXhardcore360noscope420Xx crowd
    they already got harder diffacultys for them, why screw it up for people who just want to have fun withot haveing to cheat

yclatious likes this.
  9. Untrustedlife

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: BEING A JERK. Expires: ONE MONTH
    your worthless to talk to I want fun, not an ego boost. Not everyone feels the way you do.

10. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

yah and now you got your fun and i dont
    as i sead your already

you had your difficultly already
    and NOW i dont

you see the proplem here
    if doent effect you at all
    it olny effects the people who want to play the game without a huge loss on death

11. FunAsylum

FunAsylum Subatomic Cosmonaut

That was rude as hell, don't feel like I need to add on to that...

Hatsya Souji and Rainbow Dash like this.
  12. Untrustedlife

I explained my solution.
    To the other guy, what he said to ME wasnt rude?

seems darn rude to me, He also ignored my solution, and made the assumption that im some XXhardcore person or whatever. When i was just stating my opinion.

QFT
    It seems like the best solution for all playstyles.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  13. FunAsylum

That doesn't to me. "Ego boost" isn't rude. You seem like that person, and I really don't think that's the best solution, the best solution is just another game mode.

14. Untrustedlife

i dont think spamming game modes is the best solution, im sorry.

15. FunAsylum

Four game modes! Aaah! Oh my! I can't even!

IRCU, Colton, Harlander and 1 other person like this.
  16. Untrustedlife

i dunno seems a bit much to me, but i suppose as long as ore dropping stays in normal mode and they add a specifically named casual mode that removes it and/or other things.

17. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Was just thinking.... Does the Death Penalty makes you drop both the Ores and the Ingots? Or just the Ores. Because if you only drop the ores, the solution for this is simple: Always carry a Furnace with you all the time and smelt the ores to ingots as soon as you get them. That, of course, if you're just getting them for materials. If you're getting 'em to make them into Pixels, then not even if you carried a Refinery around you could deal with this. The best solution would be if they removed the whole ''40% loss'' of the Pixel Compressor, and then you'd carry a Compressor with you and make 'em into Voxels.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  18. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Someone made a thread and pointed out that the bars are lost as well.

19. Untrustedlife

Maybe they have some plan that will make this more "fair" that just hasn't been implemented yet. Could be a placeholder.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  20. Why does everyone seem to think that dying is something that should be happening on a regular basis? In a game like this dying is a worse case and is something that you should be at least moderately punishing. In Minecraft it was dropping everything, in Terraria it was dropping money, in this it's dropping ore. There are so many simple steps you can do to avoid losing this, like carrying a chest with you, and storing your ore between mining jaunts in there. It's simple, effective, and keeps your ore safe if you do happen to accidentally die (although I assume this will be met with a dozen reasons why that method is inadequate). Why nerf anything that's even remotely challenging?

Untrustedlife likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.