1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

This is only in the latest nightly. The performance patch was one or two nights before that.
    It kind of messed up how the wood platforms rendered. They only showed as staircases in one direction. In the other direction they were just individual platforms.
    I guess they totally removed their visuals now as part of the work on making them render correctly.
    I'm hoping that the next nightly will bring them back.

2. Im_a_Salamander

Im_a_Salamander Void-Bound Voyager

Well loaded up the new build and hella exicted for when i have time to play

Attached Files:

• nova.png
      nova.png
      File size:
      482.5 KB
      Views:
    beari78 likes this.
  3. FrostCrafter

FrostCrafter Void-Bound Voyager

Ty ^^

4. spiritofcat

The Novakid update brought the Wooden Platforms back into visibility too.

However, I ran into a new problem today.

I managed to collect enough core fragment ore and pixels to fix my ship's thrusters, and I did some exploring on a few different worlds within the system.

However, after spending an hour or two on one of the worlds, I tried to jump to another world and my ship got stuck in an endless jump.

It did all the usual spooling and jumping animations, but once I was in hyperspace, with the stars going by in a blur, it seemed to get stuck there.
    The "jumping" animation with the code scrolling in the navigation window just continued on and on, and the stars continued rushing by in a blur.
    [​IMG]
    The powering down noise that you usually get at the end of a jump occurred, but the jump never finished.

I hit ESC and chose Save and Quit, and when I loaded back in I was back at the planet I had been jumping from, but with the fuel I'd used in the jump still gone.

I tried it again and again to different planets and continued to get the same result.

5. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

That happens at random, it seems.

For me, it usually happens when I jump to larger planets for some reason.

6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

that happends in some biome planets for me it seems to happen more often at planets that have ocian as a subbiome
    or magma planets as themselfs

7. Im_a_Salamander

Has anyone else noticed the beacon isn't in the game? This could just be me not being able to find it or not keeping up with the updates but I couldnt even find it in admin mode.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  8. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

You might be under the /ruinthefun mode.

9. Im_a_Salamander

Well in either mode i couldnt find it whether or not i was in admin mode

10. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

the beacon? you mean the gate?

11. Im_a_Salamander

Idk im new to the nightlies but the old distress becaon isnt there but i found that i really dont need it because i can find the other ores but i dont know if i can craft with them

12. John Magus

John Magus Subatomic Cosmonaut

sooo anyone else having a issue where the iron copper etc except for coal just ups and goes poof as you mine it?

13. Im_a_Salamander

well some things need different picks to mine them

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  14. spiritofcat

So what do you do about it when it happens to you?
    As far as I can tell, I'm stuck here now, can't seem to jump to any other planets successfully.

Like Salamander said, check your pickaxe. The description should tell you what it can mine.

15. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

eh delete universe files? idk

16. Im_a_Salamander

I think they are using a matter manipulator but idk

17. John Magus

John Magus Subatomic Cosmonaut

no no im using up to a silver now just a pain when i die and lose all of the ores lol

18. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Um, is anyone else on a rainy planet having their stone furnance become an item, inside a enclosed house?

19. spiritofcat

I had a lamp post that kept getting washed away by the rain. I ended up having to build a roof over it.

20. UberBanana

UberBanana Space Hobo

well it immediately crashes the second I open it on mac