Notice >REQUEST ART HERE<

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mr. Mystery, Apr 7, 2012.

?

Is this thread a good idea?

Poll closed Apr 14, 2012.
  1. Yep!

100.0%
  2. Nope!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Could it be maybe possible if probably for someone to draw the character in my profile picture?

2. CondescendedWow

He's wearing black pants, work boots, a kevlar vest, a grey belt with copper buckle and to top it off a galactic bounty hunter's badge. Just to be clear because the picture isn't very clear.
    I changed my profile pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. macodelo

macodelo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would love to request an art of my character in Starbound. Um... but how do I make a picture of it from the game?

My detailed description of the art I request:

My Apex's name is Beardleon. Currently wearing the rebel's full attire, has that lampost on his back, currently has a demonic ax/hammer that sets enemies ablaze on contact, and a megaton of confidence. He is my only and current surviving permadeath character. Unfortunate that the other 5 races I played ended up dying, but hey we all had to learn from mistakes of the dead right? Which brings me to theme of the art. Basically, I request my Apex to be on some ledge in the deepest caverns. His blazing axe in one hand, and his golden but tattered pickaxe in the other. But the sole focus is on him with body whole, and not too much on the cavern except the slimey ground that he stands. He should be shown as tall, strong, brave, and with determined eyes underneath his hood, he traverses the dangers of the darkness. But behind him are of course the shadowy ghosts of those before him who have died (my first 5 characters). But not ghostly in a dreadful way, with the typical white glow, but proud in color showing their former glory facing forward behind my Apex. I guess I am asking some sort of memorial picture? In short, they resemble the lessons of the past to help guide those brave to set forth a worthy future. And it makes sense too, being that the Apex are oppressed and all, and also that I have grown too attached to my characters too. Especially around the 3rd and 5th, a Glitch and a Human, who have been the most successful.

This may seem too much to ask, but I would really appreciate it. Now I just want to know how I can take a picture of all 6? They are in the game on my computer, so I don't know how to make a picture like everyone else with their avatar pics.

4. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

You'll have to do it through Steam with its in-game overlay or your Operating System defaults. There's also third-party programs that record or take screenshots, but your mileage may vary. For those, a web search is advised.

macodelo likes this.
  5. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

An easy way to take a screenshot is to press PrtScn and then open up Paint and do Ctrl+V. Then save the picture and upload it to something like Imgur (imgur.com) and paste the BBCode it provides you on the side into a post on the forums.

Auesome_Man3840

macodelo likes this.
  6. macodelo

Ah thank you!

Ovyerus likes this.
  7. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

No problem

8. TheGamingChocobro

TheGamingChocobro Void-Bound Voyager

an even easier way is to use a program called Puu.sh it allows you to take a screenshot or an entire window, or a section of a window and even your desktop and it automaticaly uploads to a site which is a temporary upload time... meaning it might stay for 3 months.. not too sure on the time, and it gives you a notification with the URL for it.. and from that, you can just click the click and save it.. bamm

9. macodelo

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

10. CondescendedWow

I actually edited my previous request so I'll just put it here again to make sure it wasn't overlooked
    Draw me this Floran please:
    [​IMG]

11. Biglonewolf115

Biglonewolf115 Void-Bound Voyager

Would be really cool if somebody can draw this:
    Starbound.png
    With a rifle in his hands. :)

12. Oddbrother

If anybody would like to have a go with my Human, Samwell...

Appearance:
    • Bleached blonde pulled ponytail
    • Blue eyes
    • Below average height
    • Underweight and slender

Wears:
    • Pilot Goggles
    • Scientist Coat (the bottom half is burnt off from above the waistline)
    • Cool Pants
    • Pilot's Backpack

Wields:
    • King's Ruin (Human Impervium Dagger)
    • Riot Shield
    • Apex Electric Coil

Description:
    • Shy
    • Cowardly
    • Tech adept
    • Plays with his puzzle cube a lot
    I main this character for RP and survival.

Appearance:
    • Bleached blonde right part half-crop
    • Red eyes
    • Underweight and fit

Wears:
    • Sunglasses
    • Black overcoat

Wields:
    • Green Pulse Blade (Tier 2 Laser Dagger)
    • Blue Pulse Blade (Tier 2 Laser Dagger)
    • Uzi

Description:
    • Fearless
    • Cunning
    • Abuses Targeted Blink
    He's a guinea pig for modding experiments in Starbound and then some. His traits are based off of other franchises. Sith lord Wesker, anyone?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  13. Spatial_Pioneer

Spatial_Pioneer Void-Bound Voyager

Just a friendly reminder to all art requests that 'Please' goes a long way :)

14. Oddbrother

If they would 'please' add such an etiquette to the OP as a do. ;)

15. TheGamingChocobro

TheGamingChocobro Void-Bound Voyager

now, im just re-requesting and I would like it if someone would please draw this for me.. If i have to i will pay

I would be grateful if someone would be willing to draw my avali character so I can use it as a reference picture for the story I am going to write for her. If anyone is interested, I will Post pictures below with a rough Idea of how I would like my picture too look. Thank you once again for anyone who takes their time to draw my art.

How i would like it is to be on her homeworld, a Desert Planet with buildings similar to Tatooine, maybe some of the Hutt Transport things in the background and humans in desert like.. cloaks and all that.. similar to when the Straw Hat pirates visited Alabasta. Or maybe you could have her overlooking her Human Nomad Tribe in which she was raised as she stands on a sand dune like inStar Wars IV: A New hope, when Obi-wan and Luke stand on a cliff overlooking Mos Eisley.

The Following Pictures is my Avali character Halo. I posted three pictures so you can see what she looks like for colourings and her clothing. Thank you

Full Outfit.png Part Outfit.png Naked.png

macodelo likes this.
  16. IAmTheMilkMan

IAmTheMilkMan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was wondering if anyone talented (unlike me) could please make an HD (less blocky and big-pixelled) version of my avatar, in 1440x900. (It's gonna be my wallpaper :) <3
    a reference
    [​IMG]

Ovyerus likes this.
  17. Couldn't tell if you wanted a completely new drawing or what. For now here's a high res version of the original.
    [​IMG]

rhomboid and Ovyerus like this.
  18. IAmTheMilkMan

IAmTheMilkMan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

holyjesus that's amazing thank you

Ovyerus and pigrocket like this.
  19. KingSquid 777

KingSquid 777 Master Chief

can someone do my avatar?

Pyrogoldfish likes this.
  20. CondescendedWow