Heart Forth, Alicia Launches Its Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

"lol" is my reaction to them.

2. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Because they think that this will slow down the development of Starbound

I don't think it will

Darklight likes this.
  3. gr4yz0n3

gr4yz0n3 Pangalactic Porcupine

THAT is my friend, THAT is the exact reason why people mad

4. taratekitugen

taratekitugen Space Hobo

Well they told us that the ''big'' updates would come only after this week, so my only option left is to wait. I think they're doing a good work, give them time. (yes moar!!)
    Off-Off-On Topic: DUDE LOOK AT THOSE SPRITES I DON'T EVEN

5. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Tough cookies. Chucklefish are both Developer and publisher.

6. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

Unless I'm missing something, this wouldn't affect the implementation of SB things slightly.

Unless Kyren, Omni, Bart, Metadept, Rho and Raze are moonlighting and not telling us.

7. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

They aren't working on this game. CF is only doing PUBLISHING

8. quantian

I think you should read that post again, cause that was my point.

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  9. Aggravated

Aggravated Aquatic Astronaut

Because we're on http://playstarbound.com/ ? And CF has a main page, but its just a flash thing that links to the sites for their various other games ( So like, RoR. ). Makes sense to post it here, though, since this is where all their players are.
    It might? I'd only say that because I think all the work for this lands on Tiy, whose supposedly the lead developer for Starbound? (We don't really know since no one on the Team page seems to have official positions.) If hes busy managing other publishings and a new game, plus a new team for that new game. While also still trying to manage the team for starbound, I figure we can rack up another month or two of art asset updates. Disappointmentthejpeg.
    Clam down brosideon, king of the broceans.

Piccolo likes this.
  10. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

of course that's the reason. doesn't make the reason logical.

11. gr4yz0n3

You are brozis, committing the brolocaust.

And wait

Wurmheart and Litagano Motscoud like this.
  12. gr4yz0n3

Because the fans are hungry, they wanted news, they wanted progress, and it depends on your capacity on being logical

13. KrisSnow

KrisSnow Subatomic Cosmonaut

Although it's great that the company is looking to help out other developers and bring more good games to market, they're putting a large share of their effort -- at least based on what they've been showing us -- into decorating their offices, promoting other games, and pushing two rounds of uninteresting-to-me holiday content. They've even started work on another game despite being in "phase 1 Precursor beta" four-plus months in. I convinced myself and three friends to pay for something that, in our understanding, would be delivered mostly-complete before the developers put much work into anything else. Maybe I'm wrong based on the impression we've been getting, and the devs really have been working hard on major upgrades they just haven't been willing to describe in any detail, and that really did take four months of hard work.

So, I'm hesitant to put money into another Chucklefish-affiliated project. The devs would do well to communicate more about all the hard work they're hopefully putting in on Starbound.

horejsm2 and Pingeh like this.
  14. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

STEP 1:
    [​IMG]

STEP 2:
    [​IMG]

STEP 3:
    [​IMG]

STEP 4:
    Profit :up:

Ado, vanella, Paco495 and 9 others like this.
  15. So some On Topic news:
    If they keep getting support at this rate, they'll have their funds in a matter of days (if not sooner). Wonder what stretch goals they'll add. Nearly 35k of a 60k goal, impressive none-the-less.

16. quantian

Not all Kickstarters have stretch goals.

17. I assume with the amount of funding they're receiving and the fact that their goal will easily be accomplished well before the end of the campaign, that they would most likely add stretch goals. I'm well aware that stretch goals aren't something that's mandatory.

18. quantian

It's dependent on the devs as to what they do though.

It's certainly a possibility

19. Hilkyshtuff

Hilkyshtuff Subatomic Cosmonaut

This game looks promising, but I think I'll hold back until more of the combat is shown. I'm pretty picky about these kinds of games. Nevertheless, thanks for showing me this.

20. quantian

The kickstarter page has quite a few gifs for it.