Heart Forth, Alicia Launches Its Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 16, 2014.

1. horejsm2

horejsm2 Tentacle Wrangler

How about some updates to STARBOUND? This is getting ridiculous. All these updates about moving to offices, new people, unstable features. We haven't had a stable update since March 18th, amid your empty promises of "oh, now after this engine update we're going to release new features EVERY DAY!" GET IN THE (STARBOUND) GAME! I won't fund another Chucklefish Kickstarter until Starbound gets on a course toward what you've promised us.

Be ashamed of yourselves. You're not delivering Starbound as promised.

Kokiris, MrRex, Symple85 and 13 others like this.
  2. Keito

Keito Void-Bound Voyager

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Instead of Kickstarter I'd rather pre-order this! Who doesn't love Platform-RPG?! I do! :lickitung:

3. gr4yz0n3

gr4yz0n3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I do believe Chucklefish only handles the publishing, not the development itself, Chucklefish's dev team still working on Starbound, right Molly? Molly?

4. Splift

Splift Zero Gravity Genie

This looks amazing.

5. Phil_Rambo

Phil_Rambo Title Not Found

Ugh. If only I had money.

roadrashh likes this.
  6. Marcellow

Marcellow Tentacle Wrangler

I like the graphics but it would have been cool to customize your character. :(

7. Is it possible to infuse that post with more vitriol and bitterness? The Devs will take as much or as little time as is needed to make their game the right way. I'm sure you'll live if they take some extra time to release updates.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    chubchubrecon likes this.
  8. hugouest

hugouest Void-Bound Voyager

OOoh guys ! The off-voice remember me the guy at the beginning in Dark Souls !

9. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

A game that was not kickstarted makes you hesitant to support one that is?

Does EA make you hesitant to support table top games?

10. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

I'd already decided to fund this before I found out it's being published by the house of Chuckle. Icing on the cake! Great acquisition guys!!

11. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Might as well lock this thread right now, because I can already see it spiraling out of control

12. Katxalote

Katxalote Master Chief

Not going to talk here about Starbound updates, but hope we will soon have some news about it.

Anyway, the game and project looks promising. Hope you could finally publish it but i think so because they have more than 50% of the funds needed already. Maybe it will be a success.

Best luck for you and for them. I'm going to contribute also.

13. horejsm2

horejsm2 Tentacle Wrangler

I loved this game. I played it every day. I racked up 177 hours up until March 15th. I endured the Great Erasure Patch (that wasn't supposed to erase character/ship stuff), and put in more hours on the back end of that patch than before it. Because of the Great Erasure, I haven't subscribed to unstable updates. I was hoping to see new, unique, stable content, as was promised. Don't question the fact that Chucklefish promised near-daily content upgrades once they gave us an engine patch. That simply hasn't happened, and Starbound for me has collected dust for the last month. It disappoints me. And I understand they need offices, they need to hire people, they can publish other games, but the devs need to take heed of the fact that they have not delivered on what seems a simple premise. The promise that has been on the table for over a month is that there is capability for near-daily content upgrades. That has been ignored by the devs. Why not small content updates, things to search out and find? How are unstable updates not making it to stable, even in piecemeal? Is the engine not up for it like they said it was? If they would communicate with us in a better way, I think I might understand. But the promise on the table has been broken.

I speak not with vitriol or bitterness but with disappointment. As someone who loves this game and invested a lot of time into finding all of its fun nooks and crannies, I want a reason to play more of it. And I think the community deserves answers from the devs as to why they can't release even the smallest of content updates on a regular basis.

Kokiris, MrRex, anonamoose and 8 others like this.
  14. Aggravated

Aggravated Aquatic Astronaut

I feel bad, I saw this a little while ago and it looks okay, really good for just one person, but I don't know if I'm going to buy it. Or would eventually, now, since I feel pretty on the fence bout given CF any more money, evur.
    Hey, at least this time I couldn't complain muh money going to the game it was supposed to, yeah?
    Don't forget the new pirate game!
    But thats gunna be a different dev team, so don't worry about it eating up the Starbound teams time. (Which is going to take more time/resources to make the new Dev team in the first place, but don't tell the CF forums, they'll call you a naysayer and dismiss your opinion.)
    Industry terms aside, Starbound was about as "Kick started" as it gets, albeit defined differently. It was still built by people who put their money down on hope, hype, and fake screen shots.
    He could, easily.
    Idk if you're talking about Starbound, but as far as we know, Tiy doesn't actually work on it. At least I hope not, because otherwise that'd mean that a big part, that idea guy part, of the SB team isn't just not working on the game, its not working on the game and working on a pirate game and working on publishing other games. Which is pretty far from working on that initial game. With its super think and fast updates. Thick and faaaaaaaaaaast
    So the SB team is free to do SB stuff with or without this other game being published.
    But he has every right to be buttflustered, like me

horejsm2 and Piccolo like this.
  15. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

Except, no it wasn't. It received funds for preorder bonuses. It was in no way kickstarted, by any stretch of the imagination. If folks randomly assign meaning to words that aren't what they mean, then fine, that's their and your prerogative. Just be aware that folks will point out that your use of it is wrong,literally.

And no, that literal wasn't figurative.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  16. Aggravated

Aggravated Aquatic Astronaut

Well whatever you feel entitled to believing you go on right ahead.

17. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Learn the bloody difference between development AND PUBLISHING, would you kindly?

Maxwell Demonic and Jbeetle like this.
  18. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Is any mod going to do anything about the off-topicness? o_O

OT: It looks great! :DD
    Too bad I'm a little short on monies atm... :notworthy:

Seajun_ and Darklight like this.
  19. gr4yz0n3

gr4yz0n3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I should raise a sarcasm tag next time I wrote sarcastic remark, of course Starbound will be delayed with all the paperwork and shit involved with publishing this new indie.

And there is a possibility Starbound will ends up as a brilliant scam that made a great deal of cash by selling a dolled up Terraria knockoff.

My opinion btw, don't feel oppressed.

anonamoose and Piccolo like this.
  20. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Why are people getting mad about starbound updates in this thread? It's not anythint to do with starbound!

Seajun_, Zouleena, Darklight and 2 others like this.