1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

[​IMG]

Skuljagger, Surge and 0deneb0 like this.
  2. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Time's tricky in space. Our measures of time are inherently tied to Earth's rotation.

I like to measure time in local rotational and orbital cycles and fractions thereof. Essentially, the days and years of the current planet. Some unchanging base unit to fill the role of our "second" is also handy to help keep unit conversions between planets relatively simple.

Other good systems that work for an interstellar setting would include those based on the half-lives of common radioactive elements, or the rotation of the galaxy.

3. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not supposed to be a mohawk, but unfortunately, I had a bit of a difficult time portraying it as being perpendicular to the direction of the head. (It was intended to look more like this.)

I did post a hairstyle that was more of a mohawk a few pages back. I was basing it off what a cockatoo's crest looks like when they get excited.

4. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Son, I am disappoint.

(But no really I thought it was supposed to be like the cock-of-the-rock pic I posted)

5. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

ugraded to OS X maverick to use GIMP to do my shipblok.png work. GIMP hangs and does not respond on startup. FML...

If anyone can sort out my RGBA channels on the attached, that would be great.

Attached Files:

6. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Looking at the sprite you attached... I'd say try flipping it horizontally, and smooth the transition between the crest and the head.

7. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

So basically you are regenerating your universe? I hope you don't have any ground bases on planets. Otherwise... delete everything in the universe folder besides, playerQUESTS and playerCODEXS, I'm not sure about deleting questPlanetSeeds though.

8. InADarkMirror

I salvaged what I cared about.

9. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

I do as well when I feel I need to regenerate my universe. I always deconstruct my base/bases before hand, I don't like having to craft all the blocks out of materials I used to make them with by having to go on mining expeditions constantly to recoup the losses by the deletion of a world or universe, then again ore farming really negates that need. If I'm going out on exploration expeditions is because of swag and decorations, as well as treasure and visiting places... like say the local Florian town or two nearby :p

10. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

There, much better, it has some living quarters, and I do like the Avali glass.

[​IMG]

Shard of Sorrow likes this.
  11. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kn4ck3br0d37 Big Damn Hero

Most likely it will sound like the angels themselves came down to sing.

Also us humans actually have a word for Glitch song. It's called Dubstep.

Column 1 I like better for both male and female to be honest but why not add both options for both genders? Mohawk thing is fabulous.

Looking good. I like how space... is it raining pixie dust? Also what resolution are you running on? I run 1650 and that's like three of my screes combined right there.

Also my god this has to be the most active thread on the interwebs. Crazy updating!

12. Anonfox123

did more digging. all the other dropshipblocks.png files that I have use "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" as their color profile, while the ones I end up making are generic RGB...

13. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

There's mods that let you zoom out further than normal, or closer in, if you'd prefer. He was probably using one of those.

Can't help you find it, but I saw it a while back.

14. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

1920 x 1080, and it's part of the weather on this planet

15. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While I didn't flip the sprite, your suggestion did help me see where I goofed up at, so thank you. :)

avali_hair5.png

Old sprite on the left, new on the right.

The reason I don't want to make both patterns available to each gender is because there's no difference in shape between them. (Which makes it seem redundant to make both patterns available like that.)

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  16. InADarkMirror

Give people the freedom to make their characters however they like. Unisex options are great!

17. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Do you have one of the original images? The one you put out is 139 x 80 pixels

18. Anonfox123

That was the original, it is supposed to be a larger ship. (I'm not talking about the background here...)

And yes, I was working pixel by pixel when I made it.

19. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

The picture in my sig is biger than that I think

Edit: yeah the pic in my sig is 200 x 139. That's a very small ship.

double edit: I didn't realize the ship dropship files were that compressed....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  20. InADarkMirror

1 pixel is 1 tile. Kind of how tilemaps work xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.