1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I havn't set in stone what their colour range is, or intend to at this time, but it's safe to assume an alien race would not share the same colour range, likely their cone analogues would be tuned differently too (to something other than RGB - as Mourne caught on, their clothing/pattern use implies their vision system being less subtle- their weaker eyesight primarily refers to the fact their eyes are oblate/cannot turn to focus, so they're congenitally short-sighted (They can still read stuff at close range, if directly in front of them in their stereoscopic field).

They're kind've like reverse owls. Owls have incredibly focused long range vision, but rely on hearing/touch for nearby stuff. The avali have excellent hearing, which they use for fine tracking and detection. But also have weak, wide FoV vision for picking up silent movement to make sure they don't miss something sneaking up on them or airborne.

You have a very strange concept of an entrance if you want it to block people

Shard of Sorrow likes this.
  2. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It has been brought up repeatedly. So has the response: collision is generated by Starbound itself and there's no easy fix.

PM a link to the modpack and I might give it a try. As I've stated before, the problem is that I already play with a particular modpack because I play with my significant other on her server, and I wouldn't want to cut that off.

3. smates

smates Void-Bound Voyager

hi every body i make avali cargo ship but it still in progress [​IMG]

4. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Interesting use of those data storage modules. I made a couple but was never able to figure out what to use them for with the randomized texture.

5. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kn4ck3br0d37 Big Damn Hero

Thanks. Also on the topic of shaving...

I was under the impression that avali have both fur and feathers? Figured it'd be easuer to just shave the fur and leave the feathers. Hmm.. is that avali's version of punk-rock hair? To trim off the feathers so you only have the rigid middle part of it left? Would leave you all spiny-looking. That's so effing metal.

Hah, ditto. Have some lying around. Maybe I'll try and add some kind of mainframe somewhere. Nice idea smates.

6. InADarkMirror

Avali just have feathers, no fur at all.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They're kind've intended as shelf contents. Either on shelving, or insert into cavity. ind'vel ike how people use books (except these don't have "drop" rules like books so they won't fall off stuff ;p)

Like birds, their down feathers are very tightly packed and fuzzy so they don't have the obvious "feather" shape you seeo n the wing/crest/skirt feathers

[​IMG]

Dolphinowl245 likes this.
  8. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Another question.

Are the Avali a single "nation" with cultists, bandits and the sort being separate? Or is it divided into multiple nations, that war with each other?

9. Samus0000

Samus0000 Void-Bound Voyager

You do know that cloning is illegal right?

10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I have up to this point mostly considered them as a single nation split into numerous colonial governments with their own cultures with outlying groups as basic, extra-legal entities. But it seems like they should be big enough and diverse enough that there may be fringe colonies of sufficient size to class as a small nation in it's own right with their own government that reject the oracle's path.

At any rate I wouldn't want to definitely set in stone any such fringe faction, just the possibility exists.

11. smates

sorry but i dont cloning i buit it myself

12. smates

i use it like servers in the "deck" of ship

13. InADarkMirror

He was joking about how since you stitched together the screenshots it looked like there were copies of your character.

14. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kn4ck3br0d37 Big Damn Hero

Makes sense.

15. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Yay, signs of bronchitis!

Go away, nobody wants you

16. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Ugh my sympathy I hate that myself... damn overworked chest with that cough it causes.

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Have a pair of claw weapons....

[​IMG]

(Settled on what to do with the dagger-class weapons)

18. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Those look a lot better than daggers do.
    (plus the fact that claws fit avali well helps)

19. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

MUST... HAVE... CLAWS! RAWR! :rofl:

20. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Ninjavali. What is Avalon coming to?

Gratuitous Lurking likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.