1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Coordinates Megathread - Enraged Koala

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BRAWW, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youdeli2

youdeli2 Twenty-three is number one

I have it on steam too, I'll have to keep that in mind. Does it erase the characters and stuff on the normal version? or how does that work? I'd like to mess around with the unstable stuff, just not at the cost of my characters on the regular version :D

Edit: Switching over now. Hopefully this doesn't mess up my ability to help people find stuff too badly. I assume, the planets are going to remain the same for the most part, just have the unstable stuff added in :)

2. Denmonari

Denmonari Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

I just found this in a Glitch village, is it some bugged item or is it supposed to be like this?

3. youdeli2

I've never seen that before, I'm going to guess it's supposed to be like that? Maybe a placeholder for something else down the road?

4. youdeli2

Just got done checking out a small star system, nothing to exciting here...

X Eltanin 2534 System
    Coordinates: X:92 ; Y:116
    Windows 7 OS

X Eltanin 2534 I a - Lvl. 10 Moon
    -Avian Village

X Eltanin 2534 I b - Lvl. 6 Volcanic
    -Venitian Mask in chest right near where you spawn
    Screen 37.png
    -Apex village
    -Very Low Gravity

X Eltanin 2534 II - Lvl. 6 Tundra
    -2 Glitch Houses
    -Avian Dungeon
    -Hailstorms
    -Miniboss Mobs

X Eltanin 2534 II a - Lvl. 5 Arid
    -USCM Dungeon
    -Small Sewage area w/ chest

5. Dime_407

Dime_407 Aquatic Astronaut

First post to this thread. Going to try and only post full system data if possible, and as a through explorer... you might not see me for awhile. I only just hit the X Sector, but here’s the system in Gamma that I fully explored to prepare for the X Sector.

Operating System: Windows XP
    Star System: Gamma Krism 653
    Coordinates: X: 99586896 Y: -90911160

Krism 1: Savannah
    Savannah with no observed subbiome.
    Major Landmark: Abandoned Mine.
    Minor Landmarks: several abandoned apex facilities.
    No observed produce.​
    Krism 1a: Jungle
    Jungle moon with desert subbiome.
    Major Landmark: Floran Dungeon.
    Flower “produce” grows liberally throughout the jungle.​

Krism 2: Snow
    Snow planet with a desert subbiome and regular hail storms.
    Major Landmark: Floran Village. Approach village by going left as there is a minor boss between you and the village if you go right.
    Desert subbiome has sugar cane produce.​
    Krism 2a: Grassland
    Grassland moon with a LOT of poisonous water.
    Major Landmark: Avian Tomb.
    Minor Landmark: lonely glitch king.
    No observed produce.​

Krism 3: Gas Giant

Krism 3a: Arid

Arid moon with unclear subbiomes. All land appears to be similar, but to the right of beam down is poisonous water, while to the left is clean water.
    Major Landmark: Apex Apartments to the left of beamdown.
    No observed produce.​

Krism 4: Gas Giant
    Krism 4a: Asteroid Field

...it’s an asteroid field. Not sure if there is much else that needs to be reported. Nearest facility is to the upper left.
    No major landmarks discovered.​
    Krism 4b: Moon
    A Moon... moon.
    Major Landmark: Apex Apartments to the left.
    No observed native produce.​
    Krims 4c: Jungle
    Jungle moon with a blue sand subbiome. Blue sand biome is not a proper desert given the trees, most likely arid.
    Major Landmark: Floran Prison left of beamdown.
    Minor Landmark: Apex abomination caged up left of Floran Prison.
    Krism 4d: Jungle
    Jungle moon with lava subbiome.
    Major Landmark: Avian Tome.

Krism 5: Gas Giant

youdeli2 likes this.
  6. lovesthesoundof

lovesthesoundof Void-Bound Voyager

That would be a massive Homestuck reference right there! That aside, as far as I'm aware people who are given or try to examine items made by mods they don't own will receive or see these green PGI cubes instead. There are also cooking recipes in game that use them, such as Fish-In-A-Bone that I found in a village somewhere (instanced container, sorry).

MysticMalevolence and youdeli2 like this.
  7. Amegatron

Amegatron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found an amazing lvl 10 planet, but under Linux. I would ask someone to confirm or not this under Windows.

Sector: X
    Threat Level: 10
    Star: X Gamma Lep 6129
    System: X Gamma Lep 6129 I
    Planet: X Gamma Lep 6129 I
    Biome: Magma
    Coords: X -42450212, Y -13506238
    Version: Enraged Koala

The planet is extremely huge (from my point of view). You should go left.
    First, there is a Legendary sniper rifle in one of the chests on the surface.
    Second, there are TWO huge Apex labs with challenges. At the end of the challenges techs await you. In my case those were Pulse Jump and Gravity Neutralizer. I would recommend you to take lots of dirt and wooden platforms to succeed in challenges.
    Third, there is a Chef Spawner (which I was looking for!) in one of the chests on the surface.

Beware of acid rains, which made me wait in the caves couple times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

benbos likes this.
  8. Amegatron

I saw such item in game. This is a non-existing item in game database. Such items can also be seen if someone tries to give items got from some mod, but non-existent in original content. For these items the game replaces there icon and description/name with this green cube.

9. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Is the USCM dungeon a penal colony or a military bunker, or one of the small outposts with robots?

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  10. youdeli2

Sorry, I didn't know what to call it. I generally call anything that goes underground a dungeon, so it's the military bunker.

I'll try to be more specific :S

11. Denmonari

Odd.
    I'm not using any mods apart from some added songs to play, but that can't add or alter items.

12. Hawk Novablast

No problem, thanks, I always look for the bunkers for human codex/food and fanceh guns :3

13. Denmonari

I can confirm that the Apex Labs are there, no sniper rifle so far.
    Could you make a screenshot of the location you found it, or give a hint where to look?

14. Amegatron

Sorry, didn't make the screenshot. The rifle was approximately in the middle between the spawn point and the first Apex lab in the chest on the surface. Maybe the contents of the chests differ on different OSes, inspite that structures and buildings are the same. Btw, did you find the techs in labs and what were they?

15. Amegatron

To console you I can say that it is not as good as you may expect from a legendary item:
    [​IMG]

16. Denmonari

The close one had Rocket Jump and the second one had Butterfly Boost.
    I also found a Plain Hood, a Pirate Bandana and a common Plasma Assault Rifle.

[​IMG]

Running Win7 by the way.

17. Hawk Novablast

That's probably why chests are different, you're Win7 and the OP is Linux.

18. Denmonari

I expected different loot because of that, but the chest wasn't there at all.
    No idea how this world generation and loot distribution system works.

19. noxlupus

noxlupus Void-Bound Voyager

On V c head right for a blue splitting shotty, continue for a wizard merchant. Dig down from the starting point to the second major Heck cavity you find, head right for a Bone chest with Bone door plans. Head left from start past two surface chests, past the purple dirt till you see thorn trees. Pass the first two, there is a tunnel before the next two. Dig straight down from attached and you will land on a Heck chest with Goat Skull Mask. You might dig past or through poison, sand, and gravel.
    Gt Skl Msk.jpg
    Also, nice touch Chucklefish.
    Heck sign.jpg

MrRex likes this.
  20. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

no that is a placeholder for an error. as in an error with an item. It has no use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.