1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexKropk

AlexKropk Intergalactic Tourist

Is there any way to fix the lag on the final stage? I go down to 20-30 fps on that stage and it feels like a crawl, I just lost a game with HAN-D as it was really hard to time attacks with him with so much lag. All the other stages I am around 60 fps and its fine even with lots of stuff going on screen or if i have a bunch of drones. Why wasn't the slowdown on the final level fixed in the last patch?

• Kyrul

Kyrul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I experienced this bug with my friend. I was the game host, died somewhere on the level (before Providence fight). After he beat Providence he couldn't end the game, however when he was near the console and I was observing, I could see the "Press 'A' to leave the planet" option, but he didn't.

Interestingly, there was a similar issue on an earlier level where he couldn't end the level cause it said enemies were left, I however was alive that time and successfully ended the level.

• Kyrul

Kyrul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have this issue as well, with the double steam notifications (one smaller than the other, saying the same thing). I have the game set to borderless window mode, I don't know if that matters. Ended up turning off steam overlay for the game.

• Juzubow

Juzubow Intergalactic Tourist

Just found out about the bug, that allows you to dash trough walls as miner if you have enough speed items. Decided to go check the secret area after killing providence, but it seems that even the dancing golems had despawned :)
          Not really a bug but... Fascinating.

Attached Files:

• watts

watts Space Hobo

Not able to progress through level as Enforcer. One the image provided, the green box is the teleporter and the blue area is the region i cannot jump over either from above or using the jump pad below as the enforcer.

Attached Files:

• necrotek

necrotek Orbital Explorer

Quite a nice game though it has a lot of bugs :) On the other hand, they don't bother me too much.
              I'll skip bugs which are likely to be already reported (like weird behavior of achievement unlocking, wrong borders of walls/floor, putting several chests/capsules on one spot, etc).

During of one run, when I tried to activate orange chest in lower right room which is used for item spawning in main boss's room, it was teleported to the floor below the place where it was supposed to be moved to.
              [​IMG]

• Goreness

Goreness Poptop Tamer

I don't think I can get the achievement "Macho". I used the Gold Bomb and detonated way more money than needed into a crowd and it didn't work, and this run through I'm using the Sniper in Boar Beach and I'm clearly getting 5000+ with each shot, but... no cheevo.

Edit: Finished the game that I was in and checked the stat screen-- My "Highest Damage Dealt" is set to 1949, so I am sure that's part of the bug. I guess it just is not successfully tracking my damage amounts for record keeping anymore.
                (And to clarify, all of this was done in "Normal" mode.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
                  somefatcracker likes this.
                • Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

Ghosts from Happiest Mask will singlehandedly slow the game to a crawl after about 90 minutes in Monsoon solo, and about an hour in Monsoon co-op. Not exactly a bug, but ghosts need some sort of optimization to keep them from destroying frames late-game.

• somefatcracker

somefatcracker Orbital Explorer

I can no longer access boar beach since the last patch. Anyone have this problem?

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

nope. maybe you didnt do it right

• Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

Have you tried holding your jump key while on the jump pad?

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

There are some permutations of Ancient Valley where Boar Beach will be inaccessible, but the map still works when it's there. Also, Boar Beach isn't in multiplayer at all.

• somefatcracker

well before the little bush would be there and i would hit a and it would take me to boar beach. Now i sit there and hit a, i have tried all the buttons, and it does nothing.

• somefatcracker

Wait so there is a chance when the boar beach bush is there but you still cant access it? If thats the case then i guess theres nothing wrong but before, everytime the bush was there it would take me to boar beach, was i just getting lucky?

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

there are 2 version of the tundra level. 1 is without the bush and 1 with the bush. the level with BB available is the one wih a complete bridge(not broken)
                                you can access BB whenever

• Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

No. If it's there you can always enter unless in multiplayer. If you're having trouble going in, try holding your "Up" key on the entrance to it. That's how I always go in, never had to press "A" or w/e.

• somefatcracker

Ok i will try that next time. I appreciate you taking the time to help!

• somefatcracker

ok i will try again next time i get it. Thanks for the help

• Mrfahrenheit742

Mrfahrenheit742 Intergalactic Tourist

There was no error report or anything, but I encountered a glitch where my money was counting down instead of up with Life Savings. This only happened for one level.
                                        I suspect this may have happened due to another glitch I've had sometimes where I tried to buy a downed drone and the price just went up instead of giving me the drone.

• zeidrich

zeidrich Tentacle Wrangler

I ran into an issue yesterday on the ornate worms, with Acrid, single player, where I had a Plasma Chain item and used Contagion on a worm. Somehow it spread across every section, as well as triggered the plasma chain on every section of the worm. This meant every second or so there was a delay whose duration seemed to double until I was getting almost 2 second delays (with 1 second breaks). This sounds similar to the issue mentioned in the multiplayer section, but this was in single player mode. The worm did die eventually in my circumstance.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.