Your New Home, Post-Wipe

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by SilentMage, Dec 10, 2013.

1. SanyaOtter

SanyaOtter Big Damn Hero

SirKaldar and Chexx like this.
  2. Chexx

Chexx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here is my unfinished space station. In plans there are farm and a big dome made of glass with park inside for walking and watching space views...romantique C:

Attached Files:

Bolo likes this.
  3. Bolo

Bolo Orbital Explorer

Some friends and I have started on a village on our multiplayer server.

These are the buildings I have created so far, hope you like them. Our village also includes a Subway using the Skyrail to travel around faster through the village which was a massive undertaking.

We will probably add more buildings to it, I am thinking of a windmill and probably a large building like a castle.

If anyone has any cool ideas for the village please write them in a reply!

The market
    [​IMG]
    The inn
    [​IMG]
    A small house
    [​IMG]
    The Blacksmith
    [​IMG]
    The Barn
    [​IMG]
    A Farmhouse
    [​IMG]
    The Church
    [​IMG]
    Wizard's mansion
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  4. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

Really nice stuff there. I have to admit, that I would have problems to construct something similar, because of... roofs. My always look shitty. May steal some blueprints from you though. But keep on the awesome work!

Bolo likes this.
  5. Xavian

Xavian Poptop Tamer

Made a composite shot of my current home. Includes an italian bistro restaurant!
    [​IMG]

6. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Living quarters, a glimpse of the lab and the first of the farm stacks.

[​IMG]

Personal subway system to the Apex town

[​IMG]

Under an Avian hut

[​IMG]

Hither and yon

[​IMG]

Actually a fair distance

[​IMG]

Gone bananas for bananas

[​IMG]

7. ReverendBonobo

ReverendBonobo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

After having my first home obliterated by a huge meteor, I headed to Sector X and found a nice grassland planet to settle on. Lucky for me, there was a sewer not too far from the spawn point, and I looted it for bricks to build a little castle.

It's still a work in progress - I have to finish the tower, do the exterior, and dig a few more levels for subterranean farms.

[​IMG]

SirKaldar and skulledrebel like this.
  8. olDirdey

olDirdey Space Penguin Leader

I know, it´s Terraria, but take a look how you can build roofs there.

[​IMG]

skulledrebel likes this.
  9. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

[​IMG]
    Jovana's house.

10. raykur

raykur Intergalactic Tourist

11. aldrig

aldrig Poptop Tamer

This project was a bittersweet experience since I knew that a wipe were coming. All the time invested in searching for materials (I destroyed two Glitch villages and one Glitch castle to the very last pixel) and not to forget searching for the perfect human-ish looking world (with the perfect spawn) would be – kind of – for nothing. However, I enjoyed the process of building it, even though I remade almost every part of the castle two, three or maybe four times. Or even more then that.

However, I decided to end the madness today and I’m not even close to being finished. I wanted to connect the castle with the hill/mountain to the right for some awesome underground catacombs thingies. I also wanted to build another (and larger then the left one) tower in the middle. I also had a large watersource to the left off the screen which I somehow wanted to use for the underground catacombs.

This is how it looks now, sorry for the small image (anyone know a good image uploader which doesn't downsize?). Maybe I will start over once again after the wipe has come, or when the game is finally shipped. My future beta constructions will probably be something smaller :)

[​IMG]

Ravoik, SirKaldar, Diodoron and 11 others like this.
  12. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

I love all these... kudos to ya'll who've jumped in and constructed. You rock my socks!
    Waiting for zee upcoming wipe and then I'll play along- even though there may/most likely be future world wipes, I'd like to start fresh with a new three-eyed gal and take her on a building adventure, progressing through each advance and update ;)

13. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

I know that feeling, but I see these things as a kind of learning experience. You see what works and what not, maybe get ideas while building, etc. But let me say this castle (while unfinished) is one of the best structures I have seen by now (and there are a lot great buildings here). I particularly like how the big arches incorporate the trees below them and how you incorporate the landscape.

Storage space? Check:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    aldrig likes this.
  14. Chexx

Chexx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't want to build a house anywhere except water worlds,but they aren't in the game yet, so.... that's why i've chosen space.
    This is my first serious construction, a module-based space station in the asteroid field. 80% finished.
    Overview:
    SpaceStation.jpg
    Space Shuttle (unfortunately it can't fly):
    2014-01-08_00012.jpg
    Command Centre:
    2014-01-08_00021.jpg
    Factory module:
    2014-01-08_00014.jpg
    Storage module:
    2014-01-08_00013.jpg
    Living modules:
    2014-01-08_00017.jpg 2014-01-08_00016.jpg
    A kitchen with bathroom module:
    2014-01-08_00018.jpg
    A medical module:
    2014-01-08_00020.jpg
    Restrooms:
    2014-01-08_00019.jpg

As i've said it is still work in progress. Main issue is titanium, which is needed for producing titan panels. Tonns of titanium. And sand for glass.

15. huntgod

huntgod Orbital Explorer

16. aldrig

aldrig Poptop Tamer

Yeah, I learn't a lot during the process. So in that way it has been rewarding!

And thanks, I'm kinda proud myself! My favorite part is also the incorporation with the environment. Although some of the trees had to be taken down and replanted since I messed up with the tiles behind the trees, but yeah, I built the castle with the environment in mind from the very start.

Oh, and I couldn't stop building afterwards. I spent my last day off from work by expanding to the hill and just little start for the catacombs! I'll update with some pictures later on :)

Edit: And I like your storage house! I will probably go with something smaller (and made of WOOD, not bricks...) just like that later on.

Thundercraft likes this.
  17. aldrig

aldrig Poptop Tamer

So I decided to expand the castle just a little bit, still far from being complete. This will do until the wipe has come. And this time with a full resolution pic!

[​IMG]

SirKaldar and Thundercraft like this.
  18. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

Lets say it with the eternal philosopher Keanu Reeves: "Whoa!"
    This is a really great castle. I like the Maltese cross and rising sun ornaments in the underground champers to the right.
    Just.... where do you sleep? I see no kingly bed!

aldrig likes this.
  19. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Um... woah! o_O I didn't realize they had ZIP LINES in Starbound! Where did you find them or how did you make them? Is that a mod?

20. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Pretty awesome.

You might want to check out the Variety is the spice of the Universe mod, then. It adds ocean world biomes and a whole bunch of other stuff. (It now even has a new sector of space to unlock.) Sadly, installing it requires character wipes. And I don't think it is compatible with multiplayer (unless the server also has it installed). Maybe have a separate installation of Starbound to use it?

Um... Here in the States most folks tend to call the bathroom a "restroom". :D I think the term we'd use for your "restrooms" at the bottom are "rec rooms", short for "recreational rooms".

Also... you had to place the one bathroom for the entire space station right next to the kitchen? Can you say, "Ick!" I don't want that smell around my food. :p