1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Last Character/World Wipe?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Xeravik, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Xeravik

Xeravik Void-Bound Voyager

Was just curious if anyone had heard anything about when the last wipe was going to take place =P. My friends and I are waiting till the last wipe to play, so excited.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

When beta ends. :p

Serenity likes this.
  3. The Mute One

The Mute One Phantasmal Quasar

2nd stage of Beta, I believe.

Serenity likes this.
  4. Pigfish

Pigfish Void-Bound Voyager

I think I heard somewhere that there's one more wipe, then it'll be over with. I suspect it will coincide with the 2nd stage of the Beta. Maybe a week, or a month; maybe two months? IDK

5. Niomo

Niomo Astral Cartographer

Correct, there is one more wipe left. They were able to change the way data is stored, or some other program-eese.

As for the OP.....bro. you're playing a beta. Even if this is the 'last' wipe, you never know when they will run across something that will require a wipe. Not to mention that we don't know if they're going to wipe when they go from beta to live. Which most/all games do. Just play and enjoy, or come back in a few months.

6. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

There will be as many wipes as it is needed until stage 2 of beta. It's still a guess, though. No official words there.

If you don't like wipes, wait until stage 2, at the very least.

They haven't said that the anti-wipe system has already been implemented for next patch, it could be any patches between now and end of beta.

7. Niomo

Here is Tiy's actual words on the last wipe:

8. Feodrith

Feodrith Orbital Explorer

I would imagine they'll wipe at the end of beta, but obviously none of us can say for sure. There will definitely be one more wipe, and I personally would assume more after that.

Gulbrandr likes this.
  9. Deathsdoll

Deathsdoll Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know if your reading this right, "As Many don't = None.

10. ignika

ignika Scruffy Nerf-Herder

According to the dev's stream, there is a universe and quest wipe this coming patch, and the wipe-preventing system should come with the patch after next; which will wipe everything, but prevent most wipes after that.

Source:
    Code:
    http://www.twitch.tv/chucklefishlive/profile/pastBroadcasts

Edit: had to stick the link in code tags to stop the automatic conversion to embedding the stream.

11. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, and if you are thinking that the whole of this list will be in the next patch including that line, you are surely mistaken.

12. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

Now, lets all remember. This is Beta. While they've promised there WILL be one more, there's no guarantee that they won't come up on something unforeseen down the road that will require another one. They may even wipe again right before true launch.

Since we have no idea how long this beta period will be while they're polishing and adding content, I wouldn't suggest waiting till it's done. For all we know, it could be December of 2014 before the game's out of Beta.

13. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

The Observer and sankto like this.
  14. Niomo

And unless he can't write proper English, "This will require one more wipe and that’s it." means 1 more wipe and then it's over. I will agree with you, it's a confusing statement, but his last sentence is what I am referring to.

15. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

I'm gonna take that as "One more that we plan for" Beta is beta, the unplanned for is always gonna happen. They probably didn't plan to completely scrap the 100 levels and armor pen system. I wouldn't hold them to "One and Done" I'd be surprised if beta went without a single hitch that required an additional wipe.

16. Kherazov

Kherazov Poptop Tamer

From the way I see it, there will be one more wipe before they implement the system that will reduce the number of wipes required.
    In other words: One guaranteed wipe. After that, less wipes will be required. Could take several months before a new wipe occurs rather than a few weeks.

I could be right, I could be wrong, I could be violet sky...

17. Pigfish

Pigfish Void-Bound Voyager

You could play it now and simply prevent Steam from updating it.

18. Deathsdoll

Deathsdoll Pangalactic Porcupine

Why can't ppl get there point out without trying to put someone down, Im I the only one not a kid on here?

19. I don't see wipes disappearing until the end of stage 2, they might become far and between, but before it's said and done we'll probably require a final wipe sometime in stage 2.

20. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone have any information as to when the next patch is going to be?