1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

World Reset?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GamerDad, Dec 19, 2013.

1. GamerDad

GamerDad Space Hobo

I just made a new character to take advantage of the patch changes, so I obviously got a new starter world. However, when I traveled to Alpha Umbrexion 1207 II to get my first gun, I noticed that the planet kept the changes made by my previous characters, ie the platforms to access the ship were still in place, the platforms installed to make surface travel easier were also in place, and so on.

Also, the gun selection at the store was very poor.

Is there any way to reset this planet as well? Or even reset the whole universe so that the other planets my other characters have been to are reverted to their original state?

Thanks!

2. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

Planet- in the universe folder, find the coordinates of that planet and delete the world file associated (there will be more than one with those coordinates, various worlds in that system, fairly certain they follow the same naming schemes, but you can just delete them all if you don't care)

All planets- same place, just delete every 'world' file (but not the other files in that folder).

TheCourier likes this.
  3. leifanator

leifanator Void-Bound Voyager

So this is kind of cool if the game was finished and feature complete. I would love to happen upon a world one of my other characters had been on and find it stripped of all it's goodies and a bunch of random platforms everywhere. Would make the game feel slightly more inhabited when playing solo.

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

That is actually the plan and a core mechanic.
    So you have nothing to worry about there

5. GamerDad

GamerDad Space Hobo

Thanks for that, it works!