1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Items Crate Mod 0.3 (FIXED!) - Spawn litteraly anything in the game (DOWNLOAD) (Indignant Koala)

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Jecoconono, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod consist of a station that you can create and it holds ALL items in the game and you can get any of them with 1 pixel.
    This still isnt finished. Not all items added yet.

aMannus is adverticing his mod in the comments, saying that i copied him... just check the mod for yourself, and you'll see that it has nothing in common what so ever, and tell him that he's wrong.

Screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scince people didnt know, you need to put the files inside assets in you're starbound folder, edit player.config with notepad++ and find where it says tier 1, look for the [ close of it, space it and type in { "item" : "itemsbox" },

Press E on the crate.

Recipe is 1 pixel in the crafting table.

Download

http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/95/?

Thank you, ill update it the most frequently as i can!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    SmoothGuy and Rik like this.
  2. dragonid1423

dragonid1423 Void-Bound Voyager

There's not much information here, I installed it correctly but I can't find where I make the item.

3. InsanityCow

InsanityCow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how do you craft it?

4. BAM MAIL

BAM MAIL Intergalactic Tourist

itembox where are u~~~

5. Jecoconono

Hey, the mod is outated.

6. Jecoconono

Its not a item, its a crafting station where i try to put all crafting recipes in it for 1 pixel each

Oh and you press E on the crate.

7. lightbrother99

lightbrother99 Void-Bound Voyager

How do you craft it I can't find where to craft it :(

8. Jecoconono

Read the instruction file!!! Follow the steps in it, and read the thread, its 1 pixel in the crafting table!

9. DaMoggen

DaMoggen Space Hobo

It doesn't work because you haven't added the recipe to the crafting table, i made it work by just making a "itemsbox.recipe" in my ...\Starbound\assets\recipes\starter\crafting table\ folder.

This is what i put in the "itemsbox.recipe"
    Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "money", "count" : 1 }
      ],
      "output" : {
        "item" : "itemsbox",
        "count" : 1
      },
      "groups" : [ "craftingtable", "objects", "tools", "all" ]
    }

10. lightbrother99

thanks DaMoggen I am gonna try that

EDIT thanks so much it works!

11. Jecoconono

Thanks, i was fixing it, that was why it worked for me but not for others... well thank you

EDIT : FINALY FOUND WHERE I LEFT THE RECIPE!!!

12. lightbrother99

Hey there are only 4 items in the spawn box?

13. Jecoconono

No, but its in early version, if you use the star map upgrade it unlocks the item.

14. lightbrother99

15. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Basically an exact replica from my own spawning box, except this one places files right next to the actual game files so removing the mod is a pain. Then you proceed to call out yours has all the items (compared to mine, which I'm still writing a script for) while it pretty much has the same amount of items my own spawning box already had. What is your problem?

DaMoggen likes this.
  16. Jecoconono

No, its wip, im adding EVERY items in the game in it, it just takes awhile to do. There is already alot of them, and sorry but i was the first one to make it, you're spawn box just adds in ingots, and mine is adding alot of items, ive been working on it scince 3 days now so its imposible you did it first. The starmap is the mk default one so you unlock the tiers NOT ONE THAT YOU SMELT. Plus it dosent create a folder like yours either, its COMPLETELY different, the shape, the style, it function etc. You're making a replica of it right now.

17. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Again, what is your problem? My spawning box was in the game already before you even mentioned making your own, and then you even said in my own thread that you started working on yours because I was supposedly too slow with mine. How are you 'quicker' than I am, except that I didn't have all recipes in yet? Which, by the way, you don't either, so there's literally no difference.

I don't even care who's been earlier or whatever, but the way how you're claiming to be the greatest while all you're doing is copying other's work, is freaking ridiculous.

18. Jecoconono

I did mention im making my own on a deleted thread, IM TAKING THE HARD PATH SO THAT PEOPLE WONT HAVE TO WAIT, yes there is difference just look -____- it spawn in items in the game, ITEMS! Not ingots (yet) and i made it from scratch! Now go away, jealous. and quit basicaly adverticing you're mod on my thread honestly. SORRY? COPYING YOU? now you're going to far. The file has nothing to do with yours! Nothing in common, just made from scratch. I worked all night yesterday to make it work! Just check it yourself before saying that i copied you're mod, all made by me. I never said i was the greatest modder either. If i copied you then i wouldnt of had all these items in, just the items you're mod has.

19. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Quoting this from my thread:

This was when my own spawning box was already in.

Also, you taking the hard path? I want a script for the sole purpose that adding in the items is faster after any update hits the game, which in the long run, makes people wait less. I would say you're the one taking the easy path. And really, what's the difference between ingots and items? Oh, I have boss summoning items! Does this mean you copied me after all? No, it doesn't change a thing. You just chose to add other recipes than I did in the beginning, it really doesn't make a difference.

And 'copying' doesn't mean you used my files. Which, in this case, would've actually been better seeing as your file structure is a mess and is placed right along the actual game files. It's about taking someone's idea and making it your own. And me, advertising myself? I haven't mentioned the name of my own mod even once and was clearly only refering to it to make my point. There's no point whatsoever to even advertise it seeing as my own doesn't include all recipes either.

Well, think whatever you want. I'm going to continue along like I did before as well, and honestly, I feel like whatever I say is like talking to a wall and that this'll be a fruitless discussion. Just for the future, the kind of attitude you're putting up (which you also did in your old threads, mind you), you won't make any friends.

Hydranium likes this.
  20. Jecoconono

Now you're saying that my mod sucks! AND OTHER PEOPLES MOD TOO! Sorry, but i said "i hope you dont mind if i make a spawning table" TO SPAWN ITEMS!!! Cause i didnt want to wait anymore nor other players, you're spawning box spawns in ingot, boss items and a beef. Mine : All tiers items, armor, items etc. ORIGINAL TEXTURES. Now you're just breaking the forums rules and offending mod creators! The hard path : Modifing all and every single games items to make them work and make them craftable and that takes A LONG TIME to finish. Yep, adverticing you're mod by saying "Oohhh you're mod is a mess... You're just copying my spawn box.."
    Now go away! You're breaking forums rules.

BTW Rik is my friend from that old thread. Bam.

I have a hard life and you arent helping at all. Rik is making me continue this hard work anyway. You're what i call a bad friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.