1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible problems with latest updates

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sariaz, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Sariaz

Sariaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

1. All planets in alpha sector i could find were level one (as we were told they would be) but unlike what i heard i can't see whether its a level one easy, medium, or hard.

2. Wood doesn't work as fuel. I assume this is how it's meant to be (I personally like this) but thought I'd mention it just in case.

3. With iron weapons I'm one hit killing mobs (maybe I'm on an easy level one , but as mentioned in first note I can't tell). Before iron weapons though the combat seamed very nicely balanced.
    Edit: The planet I'm on and one hitting mobs on is a nearby large desert planet not the starting planet if that matters.

As a note to players, I've noticed that some weapons do a special move if your use the RMB instead of the LMB.

2. Incredipede

Incredipede Title Not Found

I like the update with the fuel, coal is still more easy to find and wood can be used for other stuff.

BlaXun and Sariaz like this.
  3. Sariaz

Same here, makes it a little bit harder (100 coal if no other planets around the star) to get of the first planet (mine had annoying acid spiting stegosaurus) but in the long run I quite like it.

4. Incredipede

Incredipede Title Not Found

Acid is annoying as hell, I keep dieing because of Acid. :D

5. Lenney

Lenney Void-Bound Voyager

I think making each planet in the sector the same level has given us more incentive to explore every planet in a system before moving on b/c it's just cheaper on coal that way. I love it. In fact, they could just remove the planet levels all together and I would be even more pleased.

6. relincuish

relincuish Tentacle Wrangler

I'd agree with that. No need to spoil the surprise and tell me how rough the planet below is gonna be: let me beam down and find out!

7. CeeDub

CeeDub Void-Bound Voyager

The problem isn't just flying mobs, its projectile attacks in general. Just ran into ground mobs that are hitting for 30-45 with their projectiles as well.

8. Shroomworks

Shroomworks Void-Bound Voyager

Well,i found something interesting aswell. Since this patch,i can no longer attack trough walls as it was intended,however,it seems that enemies have learned to do that now,as i was attacked trough the roof of my house by one of those incredibly annoying birds. Second thing is,birds tend to be extremely agressive now. Was working in my basement to lay out a basic farm,and literally every 5 seconds i hear the combat music starting up, because a bird on my roof decides he wants to kill me -.-

9. Sariaz

I too have noticed birds trying to kill my face. When the bird got you through a wall was it landed there or flying a bit above it, and is your roof just one thick? Answering those might help devs figure out the problem (im guessing the projectile starts a bit away form the body and in this case that meant inside your house).

10. Shroomworks

Shroomworks Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for being so late with my reply, but sleep n' stuff got in the way ;)

The roof was indeed only one tile thick and it was a ranged attack from a flying bird. An acid attack to be precise.
    You can imagine my surprise when that happened. Besides that,it seems birds are the only mobs that want to kill you while you are inside a building or underground. It wsn' like that in the previous version.

11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I am sure that will be fixed.