1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria Vs. StarBound (Poll/Argument)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Slice Of Cake, Dec 7, 2013.

?

TERRARIA VS. STARBOUND!

1. Terraria

29.2%
  2. Starbound

83.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I seriously cant take this thread seriously.

Asking which game you like more in said games forum is going to be a pretty one sided battle.

2. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

I think the guy that did the tenth post was correct on how to approach this discussion, and what can come afterwards. Being forward thinking is more fun, no?

3. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

We just need a mod that adds all items from Terraria, and then a Terrarian planet, and then the ability to import your Terraria character as a human in Starbound ;)

4. Necronson

Necronson Intergalactic Tourist

Soo many fanboys in here. But let's get serious for a second. Both games has it's share of problems. I for one like Terraria for it's more action oriented style and Starbound for it's more extensive bulding options for housing and including the option to spawn NPC's to populate my villages. What people forget is that Starbound is still in BETA and we won't know how things turn out until we've actually reached release date. And Terraria is getting updates again much to the joys of many, and who know's what plans the developer has in store for that game.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  5. Slice Of Cake

Slice Of Cake Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, i think they need to add some new ores/weapons because i feel that is very limited in the beta atm.

6. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

I do see lots of bronze/iron/silver/gold action, which IS Terraria for the moment.. Besides plutonium and platinum and diamond, what else is there currently? What else is planned, as this current selection doesn't seem very universe-y?? Anyone found any, or had any bosses drop, any unique armor?

7. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Zero Gravity Genie

> mfw

8. Slice Of Cake

i have found some unique weapons but no unique armor.

9. Slice Of Cake

Almost 2k views :rofl:

10. CondrioidViking

CondrioidViking Big Damn Hero

StarBound. I can't even force myself to open Terraria anymore... It was a great game, but Starbound is kicking it off the throne.

11. AbhChallenger

AbhChallenger Astral Cartographer

I voted Starbound because it has far far FAR more potential as it progresses through the beta. However if I were to choose a game to play right now I would have to say Terraria simply because it is a complete game.

They are both low cost games. It really does not matter if you purchase both.

Now THIS game has the potential to compete with Starbound. http://kotaku.com/wow-no-mans-sky-just-stole-the-show-at-the-vgx-1478802599

Ashen likes this.
  12. GameQB11

GameQB11 Phantasmal Quasar

Terraria right now is by far the better game. SB is miles ahead in concept, but falls short behind Terraria in execution (it IS beta after all). I think in the end, SB will act as sort of a spiritual successor to Terraria for me. This doesnt even feel like a competition, the games are so similiar, SB feels like an upcoming Terraria sequel.

13. piinyouri

piinyouri Aquatic Astronaut

Both and neither.
    Even once Starbound is out of beta and get's the polish it desperately needs, I see no reason why I would stop playing Terraria entirely.

Kreuz Drache likes this.
  14. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How can we begin to compare the two games when one is complete and the other is in early beta in which content and polish is not nearly complete?

No doubt in my mind that Starbound surpasses Terraria by a large margin eventually.

15. Slice Of Cake

I can't be leave that Starbound has just been released and it is better than a game that has gone through many up-dates.

16. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

There is no argument here they are two different games and this thread is no better than spam, i have reported it as such as we do not need these kinds of pointless threads on this forum. especially if its been discussed from top to bottom.

17. Slice Of Cake

There is no reason to report this as spam. its a simple question and a poll. The poll will go on as long as this post goes active to see the results of the community's choice. This is not only a "Discussion" but mainly a poll. If this is not bothering you then whats the point of reporting this. Remember the saying "If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all" Thing about that.

18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Honestly, we've had more people complaining that this thread is going to be about flaming than actual flaming. Seems to be fine, for now at least.

piinyouri likes this.
  19. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

very well but if flaming begins than smack this thread upside the head. and also i think that this should be moved to chat at the very least.

PS. when i reported this thread i reported it for bollocks

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  20. SethLios

SethLios Astral Cartographer

Why can't we like both? Besides, I can't really give that fair of a comparison at this time, considering that this game is still in Beta and needs quite a bit of polish and refinement.

Kreuz Drache likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.