1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. potfield

potfield Space Hobo

Can I please add something? why do item disappear when you slightly go off screen? I just spent so long killing the first boss only to have the molten core disappear. I am very upset about it cause it was a mission with out a gun!!!!, it took for ever and now in back to square one farming these dam items to make another beacon, also what the hell is with the destruction of the blocks!!! my whole planet is turned into creators!! and my base!! It feels like iv just wasted a lot of time for nothing and I want to get out of the tutorial!!!!!

2. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

I think wooden crates have a bad storage capacity for their size, same for the "Cool Cupboard"s, giant but still only 16 slots.

Also I'm unsure if it's intended or not but currently are dungeons already unprotected before you reached the treasure(s).

It'd also be nice if the inventory could remember where I put it when opened without another secondary inventory (chest, furnace, etc) being open. Currently it remembers my position until a mentioned secondary inventory get's opened, then they align which is fine but then when opened normally I have to move it out of the way again because I always move it to the upper left so I can grab things from it for building as I use the quickslots only for things I really need the most.

3. potfield

potfield Space Hobo

Can I please add something? why do item disappear when you slightly go off screen? I just spent so long killing the first boss only to have the molten core disappear. I am very upset about it cause it was a mission with out a gun!!!!, it took for ever and now in back to square one farming these dam items to make another beacon, also what the hell is with the destruction of the blocks!!! my whole planet is turned into creators!! and my base!! It feels like iv just wasted a lot of time for nothing and I want to get out of the tutorial!!!!!

4. BloodyRain2k

It could also need an indication that you're about to die like red bordered screen edges or something because you can be at 1hp and not even notice it which is pretty fatal.

Also I got a ton of iron and could make it into a ton of steel but I have no use for that as I already crafted the robot but can't make the steel armor cause I'm lacking the gold for the armor that's needed to make it :zzz:

5. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

You can actually leave your first planet once you have a tiny amount of coal. I would suggest fighting the UFO on another planet from your main base plaent (Due to the craterisation)
    You should also find you have many a planet to gather from and resources are in large supply.
    To clarify, you need the molten core to get to the more difficult (and rewarding) Beta Quadrant.

Oh, and yeah. I agree, the item despawn rate needs fixing bad.

6. Princess Cadence

Princess Cadence Pangalactic Porcupine

Has anyone seen any Glacier/Water Planets yet?
    I wanted to find a Hylotl dungeon.

7. BloodyRain2k

You also need the molten core to craft the better steel equipment.

And another bug: jumping into water doesn't end a burning debuff : (

8. ice200man

ice200man Space Hobo

Anyone know if you can swap your default hair? Found a Crown and as a Glitch i picked the Trojan helm style and would like to change. Would make another character and swap but have some Tech's already

9. ShankedU

ShankedU Void-Bound Voyager

I hear you man, I'd like to do that too. (Found an armor bug, armor stats don't stack, only uses the highest defensive piece of armor. Allowing you to only need a chestplate. If you have copper chest for 3 def., legs for 2, and helm for 1 it only equals 3 armor.) :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    POCKoCLOCK likes this.
  10. ShankedU

The beta is working perfectly fine for me, just a little slow on the first launch and a bit of lag at Apex labs. I found a bug or two, armor stats don't stack, if you have a defense 3 chestplate and a defense 1 helmet, you'll only have 3 defense instead of 4.

11. ShankedU

The beta is working perfectly fine for me, just a little slow on the first launch and a bit of lag at Apex labs. I found a bug or two, armor stats don't stack, if you have a defense 3 chestplate and a defense 1 helmet, you'll only have 3 defense instead of 4. I understand your logic btw.

12. ShankedU

I did hear actually...

13. Serzha

Serzha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would love a quick-stack function on storage containers.

14. ShankedU

If you have 2 gigs of ram that might be the problem xD I'm surprised you can even open Starbound. Good luck, hope you find a solution soon. ^_^
    P.S If I find any fixes I'll definitely run them by you. :)

15. BLAKETHESNAKEEE

BLAKETHESNAKEEE Intergalactic Tourist

OMG OMG THIS GAME ROCKS THANK YOU SO MUCH PLEASE DONT CHANGE TO MUCH I LOVE IT ALL OF IT BATA ROCKS TO AND RUNS SMOOTH WITH OUT MUCH BUGFIXS IVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 23HOURS START AND OMG WOW YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING AMAZZZING BRO

16. ShankedU

Are you okay? You sound like you've came down with the illness known as "Hyped over the best game of the year disease".

BLAKETHESNAKEEE likes this.
  17. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Anyone notice its possible to get tier 2 items as drops when your still in tier 1?

18. ibts

ibts Void-Bound Voyager

I think it'd be nice if you could edit the screen resolution for windowed mode. I dislike having it in 1600x900 in windowed since I have other things in the background I want to see, and it might make it perform a bit better. If there's anything I dislike more, it's playing a game like this in full screen.

19. Runzu

Runzu Big Damn Hero

Possible Bugs?

There have been times where I've died and when I've tried to teleport down planetside, I've just ended up back on my ship. So the animated for the teleport would play, but I'd land back in my ship, as if I've just teleported up. It did this repeatedly a few times, where I had to save and exit my character, then boot her back up again. Other times, it would fix itself if I waited a bit and tried again.

I was sleeping in bed while smelting copper ore. When it was finished, I tried to drag it to my inventory. It popped into my hotbar. I closed the smelting window and opened my inventory. I tried dragging the ore into my inventory again. It popped back there. I decided to try dragging a few other items and they didn't work. As in, they all popped into my hotbar from my inventory or into my inventory from the hotbar. If the hotbar was full, I couldn't select the item. The dragging mechanic broke somehow. Saving and exiting my character and then entering the world again seemed to fix it. It was very bizarre.

Thanks for the awesome game! I hope this helps. :3

20. SpiderPuncher

SpiderPuncher Void-Bound Voyager

One thing I want to ask about is customizing controls. I just started this morning, but I can't get too far because I'm stuck with the WASD controls. Since I have my mouse on the left side, and moving it to the right isn't an option as I have no room there. As for moving the computer it self? Also not an option, as most of the wires and cables are going to the right. All I'd want to do is change a portion of the control scheme to the arrow keys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.