1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Teir 3 Progressing Question: Are Platinum & Titanium Ores being generated (besides in chests)?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DrinkyBird, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrinkyBird

DrinkyBird Space Hobo

I have been looking around the few information sites that have up-to-date stuff about the beta; however, I can't seem to find any information on whether Platinum or Titanium is actually being spawned naturally in the worlds (aka mineable Platinum/Titanium, not just random loot from chests).

Anyone on the Dev Team confirming that these ores are naturally spawning at this point in the Beta? or are people who are in Gamma stuck to trying to find lucky chests for the time being?

Thanks!

2. xXInfinitySlayerXx

xXInfinitySlayerXx Subatomic Cosmonaut

Platinum does, never knew Titanium existed.

3. DrinkyBird

DrinkyBird Space Hobo

Platinum and Titanium are the Teir 3 ores after you defeat the 2nd boss. Are you sure you've found naturally spawning Platinum? Can you link a Screencap or tell us where you found it?
    Also, I'm referring to Platinum that does NOT spawn in chests. You probably found yours in a treasure chest.

4. xXInfinitySlayerXx

xXInfinitySlayerXx Subatomic Cosmonaut

No, I was near the core of a planet, I found 1 ore of it. Oh and some crystals!

5. centron

centron Space Hobo

<POSSIBLE SPOILER>

Found titanium ore naturally spawning on a Grasslands level 30 planet, on the surface

6. Imca

Imca Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mind sharing the cordinates doe that planet?

7. Angela

Angela Void-Bound Voyager

Yes to both, I find both Titanium and Platinum fairly commonly in 20-30 worlds.

8. Imca

Imca Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I still cant find it any where, cordinates to a planet with some would be nice.

9. Whizzleh

Whizzleh Space Hobo

I found titanium ore in a grassland level 30 planet. I checked there first because of one of the previous posts and it seems like a higher level planet would have more of an abundance of the ore. Before finding this ore, which was pretty far down, I had actually found a nice chunk of about 40 ore much closer to the surface, but I forgot to take a screenshot. I tunneled the entire way without engaging any enemies because I was pretty sure I'd die instantly with platinum armor.

Gamma Sector
    Closest planet to the star. Gamma Phi Vel Majoris I a
    Level 30 Grassland
    X: 99445527
    Y: -41304738

2013-12-05_00005.jpg 2013-12-05_00004.jpg
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  10. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

Tried those coordinates, and nothing was there. Just big empty space.

11. Avarant

Avarant Yeah, You!

Titanium is massively abundant. You will be swimming in it in the gamma sector. It replaces Iron, and is just as abundant.

Platinum I have yet to find. I've only heard of it spawning in chests. Numerous people including myself have reported exploring lots of level 30 worlds and have never seen it (or diamonds) outside of chests.

12. Fusioneko

Fusioneko Phantasmal Quasar

I've ytet to se eplatinum. But I'm gonna to try to venture into some dangerous worlds at the moment.

13. Shugashuga

Shugashuga Starship Captain

I find a ton of titanium but almost no platinum. :(

14. SuohKami

SuohKami Void-Bound Voyager

15. Fusioneko

Well I can at least say easy ining on -7780467, -55073152. Gamma Pi Pup. In general tho It seems like I still haven't seen platinum, yet titanium is almost useless. Mining in sand is incredibly lucrative but dangerous when you can't afford armor.

16. oranite

oranite Yeah, You!

• I've found platinum ore/bars but only from chests
    • Diamonds also only from chests.
    • Titanium ore as others have said readily available on surface of many gamma cluster worlds.

17. Fusioneko

I found platinum on a threat level 40 world near the surface. This seems really weird since it's like needed to survive- or be able to take a single hit. I don't know if this is intended- or maybe it's rate of appearance is so low on threat level 30 worlds it's silly?

18. snowysits

snowysits Tentacle Wrangler

well i found platinum. it was on a 40threat world. ill edit this when i get out of the ground to tell you the cords so stay tuned

X22972561 Y93346019 Its on an X sector map. If you don't have that i doubt it'll work . Its a jungle planet orbiting a gas giant. hope that helps

19. Leinfors

Leinfors Space Spelunker

Where are threat 40 worlds found? I can't find higher than 30 in the Gamma sector.

Also, it seems odd that level 30 is when Titanium appears, but you need Platinum armor to make the Titanium armor, and that is at level 40. Meanwhile, threat 22 enemies 1-hit kill me.

20. Fusioneko

I think that's the point. I managed to beat the bosses, by exploiting their AI and moving forward in progress. It seems that the Platinum doesn't appear where it should. And is completely irrelevant the moment it becomes accessible.

NeverScream likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.