1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got good coordinates they would like to share?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Day56, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightmares

Nightmares Scruffy Nerf-Herder

what's the threat level?

2. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

Has anyone checked yet whether or not chest contents are always the same?
    I'm doing it now by trying to reset the planet by deleting its file, but had to download the new update first.

(For me, it was Butterfly Boost and another one). That planet had an INSANE number of chests of varying kinds. Take the time to actually trek the whole planet's surface, believe me, its worthwhile unless youre at a higher tier already.

harb6975 likes this.
  3. Norluck

Norluck Industrial Terraformer

Might as well try! What's the co-ords?

4. Chandrak

Awesome. I met an Avian who talked about learning how to play an ocarina, I wondered if they were really in it.
    Also, its hard to get stranded - just make sure you always have an emergency stack of wood (at least 300 units) in a chest on your ship. 300 will take you anywhere you want to go in the same sector (and therefor, to a forest/jungle planet of low threat where you can cut wood to your needs)

And, if you REALLY get stranded, you could always make a 2nd character, cut a bunch of wood, and go put a box on that planet's spawn point with a bunch of wood in it.

5. yotmam12

yotmam12 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

darn :( my starter (i'm pretty sure) had an energy dash, but i don't know the coords.

6. wicketman8

wicketman8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you want a glitch castle theres a cool one at Alpha Delta Vel 193 III x:33941440 y:38972211

7. Nexdea

Nexdea Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone know of any Floran city/village and planets with flowers?

Skix and MaoDesu like this.
  8. Platoonsgt1

Platoonsgt1 Big Damn Hero

Wow, that crystal biome is awesome, and the lava pools that don't take up the bottom of the map, nice! :D

9. Chandrak

To those asking people about what's in a given tech chest posted about here . . .

CHEST PLACEMENT is determined by the seed of the world. That is, the chests you find will always be there for other people.

THE CONTENTS will be different though. They are determined by some other factor.

I have just confirmed this by the age old delete-the-world-file method of regenerating something. (Cheaters could also use this as a way to keep re-genning a known chest to get lots of tech, I suppose).

10. Darkstar Co.

Darkstar Co. Aquatic Astronaut

Can someone give me the coordinates of a planet with Aegisalt?

OR INSTRUMENTS?!?

11. Rivinhal

Rivinhal Star Wrangler

I suppose so yeah lol. But I KNOW my starter planet! I guess right now my mission is to gear up enough to feel comfortable going out in the universe, and to
    Have we confirmed that the same items always spawn in the same places yet? If so, for all the people wanting an instrument, I can give you the Co-ords to my LVL1 planet, and general directions to where I found an ocarina...

Also, any info on an Ocean planet would be lovely. Hylotl 4 lyfe. lol

12. Darkstar Co.

Darkstar Co. Aquatic Astronaut

That would be cool.
    I want a ocarina.

But i seriously need the AEGISALT!

i am at tier 4 already

13. lyrael_rayne

lyrael_rayne Big Damn Hero

-32138739, 63376780 Alpha Pyromia 574 VI

My starting planet, had both diamond and platinum bars on it, iirc. The platinum was a lucky chest drop but I think the diamonds may have actually been deep underground! I have no idea where on the planet this stuff was so you might not actually ever find it :( I just know I left my first world with 5 diamonds and a couple of bits of platinum.

14. metasynthie

metasynthie Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, should have mentioned. Threat level 4, should be very doable with iron weapons & armor, probably even with starter stuff if you're careful / evasive.

15. Triozero

Triozero Star Wrangler

Gamma maya II
    y -98526004
    level 35 tentacle planet
    Yea... Tentacles. Music is very unique too

16. Triozero

Triozero Star Wrangler

Level 40 jungle
    Gamma vix I a
    y -98526023
    Left, a building with high level loot. further a dungeon with multiple chests and lots of pixels.

Most interesting ; Dig straight down where you spawn in. You will encounter a abandoned mineshaft that has lots of diamond and gold and the entire cavesystem is already illuminated, mostly.

And if anyone comes across a level 40 gun merchant planet. Let us know :D

17. Gamerofthegame

Gamerofthegame Yeah, You!

Yes, worlds are entirely 1:1. The only thing that might be randomly generated are the loot you get off NPCs, given that it's a random drop likely generated on the spot. Chests, as well as every bit of the world itself, will be the same.

Which is why people who have found the human mech tech need to stop being mum about it.

Ocean biomes aren't in, by the way.

18. Rivinhal

Rivinhal Star Wrangler

Sorry yo, I didn't see your post.

Name: Alpha Gamma Dor 44 V
    Biome: Forest/Eyeball Forest
    X: 12740076
    Y: 54565641
    Ocarina Location: I'm a bit fuzzy on this one (as it was one of the first Items I actually found) but I can say this much: If you head left of the spawn, you'll find a house. If you head right of the spawn, you'll find a house. It's in a chest, somewhere between those two houses. I know that for a fact because I found it before I had passed either one. I'm almost 99% certain that it was surface level also, but it could be (not very deep at all) in one of natural shafts.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. But I remember that I found it almost instantly, so I don't think you'll have an issue finding it! Let me know how your search goes, and if I remember anything else that could help your (or anyone else's) search, I'll update/edit this post kk.

LOCATION EDIT: I've been informed that the Ocarina is actually to the near left of the spawn near a coal vein in a chest. Enjoy!

Also, if ANYONE finds (or even sees one on the nav screen) an ocean planet, PLEASE let me know. I really want to make an ocean planet my "home", and I haven't been able to even find one on the nav screen (leading me to believe they may not be implemented yet). So if you see one, please send me the coords, I'd be eternally grateful!

EDIT:
    well crap. I hope they add them soon! Or I hope at least they make it in the final game, I wanted Ocean planets more than alot of other stuff they've added!
    Thanks for letting me know though. I would have been searching feverishly for hours...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

Bloody hell it's difficult to get that high to the ship. You should be able to climb chains.

(Edit: Also below the spawn area there if you keep digging down there's a massive crystal biome and a few crystal chests with crystal furniture blueprints (i found chest blueprint and bed blueprint). Also it's very fucking dangerous. D: )

PERPETRATOR likes this.
  20. Ejtrb

Ejtrb Aquatic Astronaut

-33415096 -62695084 Beta Delta Ser Majoris III
    Go to the left, check crates and chests. U'll find some diamonds.
    95872521 -48209496 Beta Trianguli 0452 VI b
    To the left. Tech .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.