Race Meet the Frostborn (Addressing the name 12/23/13)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Autzome, Nov 4, 2013.

?

Do you like?

1. no! bad idea!

5.9%
  2. Yes! i think it's alright!

37.3%
  3. could be better.

31.4%
  4. Banana

25.5%
  1. Piratedcopy

Piratedcopy Big Damn Hero

Dayuum o_O
    Yea i agree man, the nanites conflict with the theme.
    AND USE "HOAR"..dont know why but it sounds dayuum right goood

2. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

I think that perhaps they should keep the Nanites idea but they could also make it relate to Vikings more, such as having the scientists being from Scandanavia or Norway or some other Nation with Viking origins, thus leading to the technology being named after Viking relics, creatures, gods, etc. Which leads to a completely unintended Viking society.

Xenalith likes this.
  3. Piratedcopy

imo, the two "cultures", so to speak, don't work well together. A few that do, are like the Glitch, combining two "well-known", non-conflicting ideas together. Vikings and Nanites, just don't seem too compatible, as nanites are exactly...a THEME, but less recognized, while Vikings combined with, for example, just simply ice dudes, or something, would work better. IMO.

[pixelmonster] likes this.
  4. captainrandom21

captainrandom21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

a good idea! bravo, friend!

5. Model QT-377665

You...have a good point.

6. Xenalith

Xenalith Subatomic Cosmonaut

This was a point I was trying to establish long ago :p

7. Xenalith

I found an image, that basically outlines how cool your species would look, if they were more 'scientific' and not viking/nordic themed.

cold_by_d1sk1ss (1).jpg

This is not where I got my ideas from btw, I simply happened to find an image the basically describes my view on the potential of your race. Just with less armor, and more Ice.... but have you noticed the thermal markings? That's what I mean. This image would be perfect if he wasn't so bulky.

I might be able to redesign this so that it's not a copy off this.

Gauntlets_864 likes this.
  8. Model QT-377665

My god....

9. Xenalith

Did I leave you breathless? That's what I was aiming for.

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  10. Piratedcopy

ITS SO BADASS, but doesn't really fit any "starbound" theme, as we already have robots. Looks SUPER BADASS THO o_O WE NEED A GLITCH MECH FO DAT

11. Xenalith

nononononono dude, you don't see it - you're not supposed to look at it, as it is now, this is simply a prototype...potential...concept...reference image to what the frostborn would look like if they weren't 'viking/nordic'.

12. Piratedcopy

AAAnyways, found another word that might work for race name: Cryo

13. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Sorry I didn't have time to finish reading this... will finish later. But what I have read seems awesome! I'll try to draw some sprites myself if you want... well I'll draw them no matter, you can use them if you want... check back soon :D
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Sprites Done! (I will likely add more later but for now...)
    In my mind (correct me if I'm wrong...) the Frostborn are humanoid creatures made up of nanobots. Therefore their bodies are softly textured and not overly detailed. (Like the robot screen things in Man of Steel)
    NaniteTemp1.png ArmorTemp1.png WeaponTemp1.png
    (Does a kilt count as Nordic? :p)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    Autzome and Xenalith like this.
  14. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

What about:
    litenkriger (Norwegian smallwarrior (according to Google Translate))
    vísindi-kaldur (Icelandic Science-Cold / Science-Frosty (Google Translate... again))

15. Xenalith

The blue ice one in the middle's hairpiece looks sweet. Nice spriting btw.

I don't mind the viking theme for this race, but there is 2 way you can approach this race @Autzome
    The viking theme probably has more of a potential, comparing to cowboys, knights, tribal people, you know it's a niche.
    But the scientific version (that picture I found) is also a niche, but maybe has less potential of being put in the game, for it would be hard to work out a 'theme' of some sort that goes with them.

16. Piratedcopy

Meh those words aren't very well known, but cryo is used in many different other places, I.E. League of Legends, having a champion with a subtitle of :The CRYOpheonix, cryo then refering to cold/ice/snow.

17. Xenalith

There is also a skin on League of Legends called Cryocore Brand
    i think there is too much relevance in this, although Cryo is just the scientific name for ice.

18. Piratedcopy

Yup, and words that are similar to Cryo, in that eveyrone have a general sense of what they mean, work the best for names.

19. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

Hey guys! no worries! I am still around and a major update is coming as well! once school settles down i shall fall onto this thread like a shower of flame!

i'd like to post some stuff that'll update but i won't, why? spoilers are not fun.

Give me a few more days and stuff, finals are coming and i really need to settle down.

Edit: i have also read the newest posts and the lore update shall fix things up

20. Xenalith

A shower of Flame suits perfect description because it never happens! xD
    I kid, you come on when you are ready.