1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

My music stops playing as soon as I start a boss fight in either level 2-3 after starting the teleporter, the music and some other sounds just stop playing completely and it will not play even if I go to the next level, sometimes it will also randomly crash when I activate a teleporter or when I try to exit the game through the menu.
    I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling MSC++ 2010 and 2008 and reinstalling the game, but I had no success whatsoever.
    The error also unables me from hearing sounds after I exiting the game, so I cant hear anything on any other program until I restart my computer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    • joeinfro

joeinfro Space Hobo

fixed my issue, actually. if you dont repair/use any drones at all then the crashes go away for me. but thats a really shitty fix, and drones are really useful.

• warlocked200

warlocked200 Starship Captain

Han-D is still able to use his second skill even when dead.

• Benq666

Benq666 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I'll try this, have you tried my solution? Just wonder if it was just luck or it's really working.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
          • SteelSoldier

This is exactly the issue I had.

• joeinfro

joeinfro Space Hobo

i think thats just luck :0

• onus

onus Master Chief

I have a strange bug. It seems that my multiplayer log doesn't function properly. I do not receive any notifications when other people I'm in a game with pick up items. I will see text written by them, and I do see the lines when people die, but other than that, my chat log remains empty. I've seen videos and talked to the other people I play with and they always get the notifications.

I'm a derp, don't mind this!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
                • Sly 3 4 me

Sly 3 4 me Void-Bound Voyager

Check to see if 'Item Notification' is set to 'On' in your Audio and Video options. It's on by default I believe.

onus likes this.
                  • Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

As the Huntress, the Ifrit's Horn does not take into account the direction she's facing when it triggers, it only uses the last direction you've moved. If you're strafing backward, the flame wave will launch behind you, not the direction you're shooting.

• Benq666

Benq666 Void-Bound Voyager

Tryed the one without bots - didn't help ... I give up.

• SteelSoldier

I took my sound card off and used my inboard card and it solved my issues completely.

• onus

onus Master Chief

My ability to read has failed me.

I looked in the options a couple times, and swear I didn't see that before. thanks!

• Walfas

Walfas Space Hobo

Seems like the 'chance for enemies to explode on death' causes the game to lock up if too many enemies die in a small area.
                            http://i.imgur.com/QNcRLOD.png
                            That was a pile of ~20-40 monsters, and the resulting chain reaction caused my game to freeze.

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Does the steam version not update automatically?

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

It should. Steam recently added priority settings for game updates. This defaults to the standard "update when needed", but can be changed to "don't update automatically", or even "update ASAP". Check and see if those are set correctly.

• steave?

steave? Starship Captain

My game crashes every time i hit the online multiplayer button can someone help me?

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

Proc of Ifrit's Horn on Huntress doesn't account for her strafing and sends the flame wave in the direction she's moving rather than where she's attacking. (might be intentional? idk)

• Namemeana

Namemeana Orbital Explorer

Posted this in another thread asking if it was a bug or a secret, apparently it was a bug so I'm re-posting this here.

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Yeah it's set right and even after a restart of Steam it's still only 1.0

• LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

one thing that i havnt found that is similar to
                                          i have seen it a few time while switching items near a wall, the item you drop will get stuck above the player, pushing it further and further away into the air

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.