1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread Risk of Rain 1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vizjun, Nov 8, 2013.

1. needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For the first time in, like, ten times I started RoR via Steam, the game has no sound at all and logs the following error:
    Code:
    Time:22:36:56

ERROR in
    action number 5
    of Create Event
    for object oInit:

Error defining an external function.
    This is the first time I encounter this.

NINJA EDIT: restarting Steam fixed this.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    • warlocked200

warlocked200 Starship Captain

When collected, the Gups monster log says Geep.
      The game also seems to crash on me when I play too long, around 2 hours or so, I think it might be because of the items I have; I filled the entire bottom half. The crash just plays the rocket sound continuously, might be item incompatibility or something.

• warlocked200

Sometimes the Elder Lemurian Boss at the Magma Caverns doesn't spawn.
        (don't know if it's a glitch or intended)

• redarashi

redarashi Intergalactic Tourist

My game will randomly crash when I enter a teleporter or when I choose the "try again" option after dying. I have my error log attached to this post.

Attached Files:

• needsomemiracle

AFAIK it's intended, same as Acrid's cage will not always spawn in the Sunken Tombs - you just have to be lucky to get the right map layout.

Please, post further reports here:
            http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/bug-reports-for-risk-of-rain-1-0-1.32529/
            Let's save hopoo games the time to read through the whole thread every time.

• onus

onus Master Chief

I apologize if either of these have been brought up before.

Played on 11.10.2013 in local co-op. In two separate games we had two different issues.

The first being on the ice bridge level, using the unstable watch on the boss (ifrit) caused him to slide off the ice ground and literally into a wall after floating for a couple of seconds. Luckily his head peeked above ground and I just dropped mines on him until he died.

The second is I'm truly hoping to be a bug. Playing 4 man local co-op we arrived on the final level to all be teleported to different bays. In online this isn't much of an issue since everyone has their own screen, but due to how screen centering works it meant that all 4 of us had to blindly try to get to each other. Really infuriating and cause two memers to die while trying to group up simply from being stuck by terrain (that they were trying to avoid).

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I collected a monster log for the "young vagrant" just now, yet there is no such entry available.

• Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

• warlocked200

I have the right map layout, IE the passage at the bottom right is open and I have the area and everything. The guy just doesn't spawn sometimes. Is that intentional?

• needsomemiracle

I just remembered that I've seen it too.
                    One of the Young Vagrants on the last stage dropped a monster log that showed "Young Vagrant" on pickup, but unlocked the regular, boss Vagrant entry in the monster log (neither were unlocked before). In a later game I got the regular Vagrant log from a boss, which added nothing to the monster log.

• hextorHD

hextorHD Big Damn Hero

if you have some ghost spowned by the happiest mask u cant unlock the archivement to have 0 monster to kill at the end of 90\120 sec to activate the teleporter (sorry for bad english)

• vexxed

vexxed Space Penguin Leader

CO-OP, 2 players, only one person can add marks to their hit list (both characters have an individual hit list). We however did find that if one person dies, the other person can collect marks if the dead person tabs out of the game!

• Brent

Brent Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry if this has been posted already but ,whenever i pause or try to open the options my screen freezes, but i can still hear the game moving behind it.

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

In the achievements page, amounts of time that have 10 or less second values do not have a 0 after the colon, resulting in this:
                            bug.png

• infamouscube

infamouscube Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a bug where when i move my cursor the game lags :/

• raiod12

raiod12 Space Hobo

can you send a file whit all characters or almost all of them unlocked?

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

STOP spamming asking for people's save file

• raiod12

raiod12 Space Hobo

i just asked once, and also you are spamming by asking me to stop

• needsomemiracle

Error logs don't have leading zeros either. It's unconventional but hardly a bug to me.

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

It's still worth mentioning; time values are pretty much never listed without a "0" if the value after the colon is less than 10. It's not game-altering but that doesn't mean it's right the way it currently is.