1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread Risk of Rain 1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vizjun, Nov 8, 2013.

1. DarcLightz

DarcLightz Void-Bound Voyager

I too have the audio bug and it has upset me greatly.

• Pizzarugi

Pizzarugi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, I'm stupid. I checked the steam forum for RoR and there was a sticky up to tell you how to fix some of the issues.

For audio errors:
      - Uninstall and reinstalled C++ redist package.
      - Restart your computer

I did the 2nd option, audio is working.

• spiderwisdom

spiderwisdom Space Spelunker

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just beat the game, and this showed up in my item log:

[​IMG]

Clicking on it yields nothing, but it's lit up as freshly-acquired item. Bug?

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

Happiest Mask bug still exists where the arrow points to ghosts upon completing a level (drones also target them iirc)
          Some attacks don't explode with the Brilliant Behemoth equipped (Miner's Crush, Enforcer's Shield Bash, might be more)
          If you kill acrid or the boss guarding the Miner with the Happiest Mask, their health bar reappears then disappears upon the creation and destruction of their ghost, respectively.

• needsomemiracle

I don't think this is supposed to happen with Ifrit pillars.

[​IMG]

• silver593

silver593 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Another issue, if you have three monitors you flat out cant play the game because there is no resolution option to adjust it to 1920x1080. Even in window mode it tries to span it across all three monitors when I want it full screen on just one.

• Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

Wrap the unlocks please. Also the time in my hiscores is 10 seconds too low.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

i believe that the timer on the top right still counts down after you died. you took the pic 10 seconds later

• SecretSmoke

SecretSmoke Void-Bound Voyager

I've got the save-eater too. I had a really good run with acrid to completion too, unlocked so much stuff. Even the photon jetpack Q~Q

• Sir Slush

Sir Slush Subatomic Cosmonaut

My game is saving progress, but not stats. I unlocked the mercenary by beating the game five times, so I don't have *that* bug, but my stats thread says I've only gotten to level 3. Obviously, that's not possible. Plus it removes my longest run times and highest scores, etc.

Edit: Also, for the "Steam access violation at address 0EE8D248 in module 'Steam_GM.dll'. Read of address 0000000," I had that problem every time I tried to launch the game from the executable. If I try launching it from Steam's menu, it works fine.

• needsomemiracle

Had a case of this boss walking through terrain. What I think happened is that the Beast spawned on ledge 1, but there wasn't enough space so the boss decided that ledge 2 doesn't exist. She walked back and forth on ledges 1 and 3 as if they were one, ignoring ledge 2.

Attached Files:

• DuGringo

DuGringo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Third time i'm wrecking the game, godmode, its not easy for me, and suddenly.... "the application has been closed" i click to read more about the error and this is what shows up
                          please help =( i will never be able to unlock Han-D like that...

Edir: BTW, it usually happends about 95 minutes...

• needsomemiracle

Risk of Rain provides evidence that light (at least in some corners of the universe) does not travel infinitely, and rays of light can in fact end.

2013-11-09_00012.jpg 2013-11-09_00013.jpg 2013-11-09_00014.jpg 2013-11-09_00015.jpg 2013-11-09_00016.jpg 2013-11-10_00001.jpg

I got it without any trouble. I think it was lights-outing a Vagrant that unlocked it.

• benexclaimed

benexclaimed Big Damn Hero

My first encounter with Ifrit was pretty simple. He just hung out half a screen away (and one small level above me) and let me shoot him from afar for five minutes until he died. Is this a bug or does Ifrit not follow players to lower levels?

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

there's a bug with him that he would just freeze at a spot

• Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

I might have to change it to that it doesn't work with the magma worm.
                                  I'll try what you suggested and report back.

• Themuttonpin

Themuttonpin Space Hobo

Myself and two others were playing and we got onto the third level. I was the only one left alive and the boss spawned. After I had done that I had to kill the rest of the monsters off. However it would not let me kill the last 8 or so monsters. It said on my friend's game that they were all dead. ALSO they got the character unlock for beating level 3. I have done this more then twice and I am still yet to get the unlock :(

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

-Falling off the map upon death (happened in the underwater stage) will keep the screen scrolling into the direction you fell in, until the edge of the level is reached. You also get no death message, probably since your body lands far offscreen and doesn't respawn.

-After a while, I started hearing random electric attack proc noises as well as explosions (much like the vagrant would do). Time Keeper's Secret also triggered a while after death (of course assuming people don't hang around the game over screen as long as I do right now this won't be a very big deal).

-The reason I hung around on the game over screen this long is to test if the ol'lopper could be unlocked by just waiting out the timer after death. It could.

• needsomemiracle

This should be left as is. Unlocking the Ol' Lopper is a fair trade-off for depriving yourself of playing Risk of Rain for up to 40 minutes :p