How the Beta is going to work

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

So your point is ?

2. Dashpenguin

Dashpenguin Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    Hehe... I likes this.

On a more "Civilized" note, I will be happy to help you guys on Stage #1 !

NNV and zero-gg like this.
  3. Ru5tyNuts

Ru5tyNuts Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tiy has just posted this on Twitter.

"So the beta.. would you prefer we do it through steam early access (which would let us update WAY faster) or DRM free w/ slower updates"

I shall be there for stage 1.
    I vote Steam early access.

I'm late to the party only discovering Starbound this week,
    I'm impressed with how open development seems to have been.

Av3nged likes this.
  4. Av3nged

Av3nged Space Penguin Leader

Awesome work! I'm totally going in for stage 1, I like weird bugs :p

EDIT: I vote for Steam early access, since that makes the updates alot faster and it's probably easier for you to release updates that way.

5. Thrator

Thrator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Congratulations to you and your team, even though there have been problems between some of the community and the devs, but as the beta comes closer, I´d like to thank you all for your hard work, for your constant updates of information and for giving us these fantastic game exactly when you promised. We are (in general terms) not worthy of you as developers. Thank you for you attention, hope you have luck with the release of the game.

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  6. MadKian

MadKian Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

It really is!

Chucklehead, CaptainMcManface and NNV like this.
  7. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I forgot :)

My point is - I hope that the developers will not sabotage the first stage. Because they do not need this beta, but pre-customers demand it

8. Kormos

Kormos Void-Bound Voyager

I would vote Steam, if it makes it easier for them and faster to get access for everyone then that sounds perfect.

Colton and Dr Wallace Breen like this.
  9. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I vote against Steam. And it would be better to offer two versions to choose from.

10. legendros

legendros Scruffy Nerf-Herder

gotta vote fore steam early access, definatly looking forward to getting my hands dirty with bug hunting :3

11. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am ready. Ready for phase 1 to 4. 4 being the actual release of course. And I don't see how playing Pokémon X/Y would stop me from beta testing. Also Steam would be my prefered beta delivery method.

12. Corpj123

Corpj123 Starship Captain

B-beta?
    [​IMG]

Grimmfayte and Nohar like this.
  13. WickedWitch

WickedWitch Big Damn Hero

This ^

+1 Vote for Steam early access.

Colton and CaptainMcManface like this.
  14. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

They don't get time off, the way everyone who has a job does? Or do you think that nobody who pre-ordered this game has a job?
    So, what's the problem? I still can't see any issue here.

Edit:
    Think what you like, I can't stop you, but I'm confident that the only beta that will be run is the one for the pre-orderers. They need that beta to fix issues. There is no rational reason for introducing bugs into their own game. 'Getting back at' impatient people is not a rational reason, because it would also hit the people who have always backed the devs.

15. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

I vote for steam as well, although due to it not actually being released yet i can see some problems come up from that

16. Encarmine

Encarmine Void-Bound Voyager

Now I need a way to get a grip of myself and hold on until full release. Tough.

17. Nudelmannen

Nudelmannen Tentacle Wrangler

My vote is on steam beta release

18. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Both alternatives are possible?

19. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Not only possible, but confirmed. Beta will be available on both steam and humble bundle.

20. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Good news then. Steam for easy updates and DRM free for portability. What else.