Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Have problem with your life? Self esteem issues? Balding? Have relationship problems?

LOOK NO FURTHER FOR ADVICE!

Do you want to get something off your chest that's been burrowing for a long time?

Pour your heart out friends and your fellow forum member's will offer any advice they can!

Seriously, though. Serious thread. You can have the occasional witty comment but no trolling you guys. Also, remember to follow Forum rules.

[​IMG]
    http://crisiscallcenter.org/crisisservices.html
    http://www.crisistextline.org/
    http://www.crisischat.org/
    https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
    If you ever seriously need help.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a substitute for actual psychological therapy from a psychologist or therapist.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
  2. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Well............ I still beat myself up over this a bit but I used to bully a foreign kid because my group of friends thought it was cool. This was in like grade 3 but I still feel bad about it.

Ominethious, Farathil and DrChemistry like this.
  3. DrChemistry

DrChemistry Subatomic Cosmonaut

What would you say to the foreign kid if he were here right now?

4. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

My friends-
    "Damn look at that ass!"
    "Look at those big thangs in front!"
    "Hell yeah I'd tap that!"

Me-
    "Holy shit, do you see that striped sweater? It looks great..."

5. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

My life is sad. I suggest not reading it if you don't want to feel bad for me.

I suffer from depression due to my OCD. My OCD still lingers despite thinking about it logically.
    Thankfully, my medication keeps me from getting too sad - and i would never commit suicide. But my depression still kills all my motivation to do anything.
    I spend all my time on the PC or sleeping. My life is stagnating and not getting better.
    I have no sexual or romantic interest in anyone. This might be a side effect of the depression or medication.
    Most importantly, i really really wanna be a cute little fluffy thing like a fox or something similar. This is my lifetime ambition.
    Being unable to achieve or even find direction in this makes me sad.

Now i will look at foxes on deviantart. *u*

6. mountaindew

mountaindew Subatomic Cosmonaut

my dad died....no joke...and its very sad....

7. mountaindew

mountaindew Subatomic Cosmonaut

awwww.... i thought my life was sad... I will pray for you. if you want me too. One day, you will be a fox thing!!!!!

*hugs*

8. Bedspread

Bedspread Sandwich Man

Sounds similar to me, really. Just take out the OCD and throw in Aspergers and PTSD and boom, there's me.

RichieJS likes this.
  9. DrChemistry

I understand how you feel i too suffer from depression. I have no ambitions and it feels like everyday is just the same as the next. But it does get better eventually, you learn to live with it. There will be times when you feel very sad and you need a good cry but you have to remind yourself that you're strong and the fact that you're alive means you're winning this battle with depression. I must warn you though that with medication it's a little more complicated. There are theories that you could become addicted to it. That's why i never took any, to me it didn't feel like i was winning on my own. But others do need a helping hand. As for wanting to be a fox, i suggest you read some books on reincarnation they are pretty fascinating. Then maybe in your next life you'll be a fox. Don't let anyone judge you for it, we all want to be something in life and whether it's a fox or the president of the united states no one should make fun of your dream

RichieJS, SuicideRey and Bonabopn like this.
  10. DrChemistry

Sorry about your father, i read somewhere from someone who almost died that it's like a release and as the seconds go by you start to care less and less about dying so it's like a peaceful sleep. So i hope that helps you coupe with it. That he died in a peaceful manner.

11. DrChemistry

I've been really lazy as of late. I had a Midterm today that i know i didnt do so well because i didnt organize my time and it's gonna bite me in the butt

12. Chronometer

Chronometer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have extreme anxiety and a fear of death.
    It's scary shit and stressful. And by a fear of death I mean like, not just like 'oh no I'm gonna die someday'.
    More like I feel my time is always wasted.

And about my sexual connections~
    Nervousness and anxiety kicks in 5 seconds before it shouldn't.
    It's realllllly awkward.

DrChemistry likes this.
  13. NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hate relying on people, still waiting on third parties at work to close those pesky support tickets.

Meeting printer company tomorrow, hopefully fixing authentication delays after recovery from standby mode.

14. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

I have OCPD (Not the same as OCD) , heavy and sudden bouts of depression, as well as DID, and heavy family issues growing up. I'm a bit more stable now, so I don't think I'll attempt suicide again, but I'm a heavy believer in Karma and I think everything bad that's happened to me is something I honestly deserve. As such, I don't get as upset as I should, and my life doesn't seem to get any better. I spend a lot of my money on giveaways, and giving gifts, because I'm under the impression that, someway, I'll balance out my karma and then my life will start to develop. As it stands, I'm a bit stuck in a rut. Almost 25 years old, losing time, I have instincts to start a family, I need to get myself through college and make something of myself.

As for the DID, dissociative identity disorder (It's what most people mean when they say "split / multiple personality"), I used to be what we call "co-conscious" meaning whatever one of the "personalities" do, the other is aware of. And it's very easy to pass "control" from between the personalities. But since January of this year, I've not really felt her presence. Which is worrying, because she was created at a young age to help me with emotional distress / trauma, so it feels like I've lost a bit of a safety net.

Also, I don't take any anti-depressants, or any medication or anything, and I don't really plan to. My adopted mother was always telling me how messed up in the head I was, and how much I needed to be drugged up, that I made it my mission to prove her wrong and such.

Lavranzo and Farathil like this.
  15. DrChemistry

Sokina NOTHING that has happened to you is something you deserve. No one in this thread or in this world deserves Depression, Did and/or OCPD. I think you really need to get some Self Esteem. Don't do giveaways and gift giving because you want to balance out the karma, do it because you like making people happy.

16. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

cough(I don't think dissing someone's beliefs is good counseling)cough

But uh, speaking of beliefs. I do really think that religion is a great way to get rid of stress and depression, etc. The problem is that you really have do have to believe. I was raised christian from birth and still am to this day and just reading this thread, I see how great of a life I have. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it's because of God, but I definitely recommend reading some of the Bible or at least looking into it.

Emwok, Lavranzo and penguin055 like this.
  17. DrChemistry

I wasn't dissing their beliefs and if i was then i didn't mean to.

18. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

She said she was a strong believer in Karma, and you basically said Karma's not real. :p

19. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Not to be nit picky but he said no one deserves depression and such. I did not see him insult her beliefs. Though the end when he said don't do giveaways to balance out karma could be considered to be insulting but not really.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Lord Kain likes this.
  20. DrChemistry

I meant it as balancing your karma shouldn't be the only reason to help people.

Breather likes this.