1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread 0.30.7.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hopoo, Aug 16, 2013.

1. chrono4111

chrono4111 Void-Bound Voyager

bug.png Not sure if bug or just exploit...But standing here you can literally farm the toxic beast for hours. After about an hour you don't even really need to attack..... This makes pulling off godmode hardcore mode extremely easy.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

the toxic beast does damage by stomping on you. as in you have to be exactly underneath it to take damage from it (regular version).
      it's more of an exploit i guess? but what's the point of farming items and health(infusion) in there for hours. just move on to next level and so on. that's where the fun is at :catface2:

• Fruttie

Fruttie Starship Captain

Its just lame to get gm that way, just get in get the shirt and get out.
        But yeah they should change something about it. (perhaps a max spawn limit).

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]I ran into a teleporter that was impossible to get without a rusty jetpack, which I didn't have. I guess this is kind of a bug, right?

• meow247

have you tried jumping from the top and roll?

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

Yes. It didn't work. I also searched the rest of the level for a rusty jetpack and found nothing. I had to kill myself and restart.

• meow247

i see. its okay. you were playing on normal anyway :giggle: try hardcore X3

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

I searched long and hard, and got the bug where bosses spawn in the wrong areas again. I'll see if I can get some more examples.
                  [​IMG]
                  Also, if you get too many attacks speed increases at once (any combination of a bunch of the following items: soldier syringe, prescriptions, energy cell, warbanner) your attack speed reverts to the base. You can continue gaining attack speed after you've "broken the cap" so to speak, and it stacks normally until you break it again.
                  EDIT: If you try to open Bandicam while the game is open, it crashes. If the game is opened after Bandicam, it works fine. Presumably it crashes when trying to hook the process to record? I'm not sure.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                  • hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

it never crossed my mind that people would farm boar beach; I just stuck the boar in there because the director would crash without something to spawn. thanks for the heads up.

DotBeta, Burby and Rawrquaza like this.
                    • KlickIt

KlickIt Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, not sure I've ever seen this bug, but...
                      Apparently what happened was when someone used the Jar of souls, all the mobs that were being hit with the acid from Acrid managed to get stuck in a loop of death/living and it caused a non-stop spam of money, exp, and my drones (Was playing Han-D) I timed out shortly after picking this up. First time I've seen this happen ever.. or heard about it.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of this... at all. (this was played with 4 people online play)
                      [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Wasd_wasd and Daimera like this.
                      • Fruttie

Fruttie Starship Captain

Lol, people abuse whenever there is something to abuse.
                        That's humans...

• Rawrquaza

[​IMG]

Lookin' rather flamboyant there, Bandit. :p
                          EDIT: In a co-op game, every time I used the Explorer's key, I lost money equal to the value of the chests I opened. This caused me to be at a negative amount of money, which the game displayed as positive (though when I get money from mobs it went "down" or closer to zero). I could not open chests/shrines or even canisters while in a negative money state.

Breward2216, Fox0427 and Daimera like this.
                          • Hong Meiling

Hong Meiling Phantasmal Quasar

For some reason, every time I play more than one session with my friend in Risk of Rain, the game crashes sometime before the second session ends. After the first session, I can't access the menu from the character select screen in multiplayer, and if I leave the sound on and force it to close after it crashes (Windows gives me the option to end the program after it grays out and freezes) the sound loops on the same note infinitely until I restart. I can replicate it easily so if somebody wants a video I can share a video.

Any help would be appreciated; it's really frustrating to not be able to play more than one round at a time before having to restart.

Attached Files:

• KlickIt

KlickIt Void-Bound Voyager

I was WAITING for someone to comment about that. I took the screenshot and right as I'm posting it here, I realized he was in a different color style. That's some silly timing though on my part, though.

(ooh ooh, can we get custom colors for our classes to tell each other apart?)

• Rawrquaza

I think that's just the muzzle flash coloring him, but different palette swaps for co-op would be cool.

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

I was playing Co-op, and when we died, and pressed "Replay", and we kept all of our money, items, and time.

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Yes, please record a video and send it to spacegame2012@gmail.com if possible. This is on the newest version, 0.30.7.1, correct? Windows 7 or 8?

And when you say you can't access the menu from he character select screen, you mean pressing escape/start on controller doesn't bring up the options menu?

• Hong Meiling

Hong Meiling Phantasmal Quasar

I'll have a video for you tomorrow after work; it's only in multiplayer so I need to wait for him to do what he needs to do tomorrow.

Yes, this is on the newest version, and my OS is Windows 7 64bit.

Yes, that is correct.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Okay, I just tried starting up the game, and it gave me a Windows dialogue error. "Floating point division by zero." And then the title screen was running at 2/3 normal speed.

Also, Warbanners appear as if I already got the achievement, which I haven't.

EDIT: Whenever leaving a menu (such as Monster Log, or Highscores), for a single frame, a black screen is displayed with the "BETA" logo in the top right corner.

Duffie likes this.
                                        • Zioxade

Zioxade Yeah, You!

Don't know if this is a bug but the chance to spawn in on the magma barracks seems way too high. Like I spawn there more than 95% of the time