admin commands?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Clarynaa, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Clarynaa

Clarynaa Space Spelunker

I see they use them in their videos, and I was wondering if anyone knows if they're going to keep admin commands in for servers, or are the servers going to have no commands? (I don't remember terraria having commands).

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

I'm sure there will be some sub-set of admin commands available to server owners in order to moderate their servers. But I'm not sure because I don't think Starbound plans to have a way for people to get end-game gear in the first ten seconds of the game (through commands) so we'll have to see what happens.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

Yeah I do really hope that doesnt happen. It ruined terraria for me because I hopped on a server and instantly got god stuff and I god bored real quick. I hope theres some sort of player economy. Now that would be cool

Axe Garian and syndoflame like this.
  4. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Come get your +6 weapons for 1,000,000,000,000 pixels here! Yeah, no thanks, haha.

On another note, admin commands, or more like server commands are essential in running a server.

Axe Garian and Jonesy like this.
  5. Clarynaa

Clarynaa Space Spelunker

I agree. As someone who has ran dozens of minecraft servers, even if it's just for my friends, when one of us glitches out somehow, I'd love to be able to teleport them back to the group...

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Zoolot

Or getting rid of hackers, damn hackers..

7. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I mean a server would suck if they couldnt ban someone running around nuking the spawn. I guess the /give commands are essential too but I just hate when servers give people free stuff and call it a "Legit Server"

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Zoolot

Then just find another server, or better yet, make your own, it shouldn't be too hard.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

I tried that once... Nobody came :(. Itl be better in Starbound though because if there are people like that im moving to the other side of the galaxy.

10. Zoolot

Just imagine hardcore always on pvp servers. You'd have to find the planet someone lives on. I would definitely make a secret base underground with controllable lights and not touch the surface.

11. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

Yeah Id definitely do that too. With multiple layers of security features. I just hope this doesnt turn into Minecraft with all the hacked clients!

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Zoolot

Sadly, of course it will, unless the devs put in some sort of anti-hack code, it's bound to happen sooner or later. heheh, bound..

Optix and Axe Garian like this.
  13. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

Haha I get it. Its Starbound to happen. They need to use valve- anti-cheat. I never see hackers in TF2 and GMod

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Zoolot

Then you don't play those games that much.

15. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

OkayOkayOkay, Ive seen one hacker in Gmod and he was console hacking with some loaded program (I call that wimping)

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. I think Tiy said in the Q&A stream the other week that he'd like for them to be hidden/disabled for the first little while, just so people can discover stuff on their own.

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Day 1: No cheats!

Day 2: Someone found out how to cheat!

Day 3: Someone created an out-of-game inventory editor!

Day 4: Inventory editor works within servers!

Day 5: Connection lost to server.

ggh325 and Axe Garian like this.
  18. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

Exactly, its bound to happen. I suggest forming a Guild Called the L3G1+ $+@RB0UND3RZ and hunt down and kill cheaters within servers!

Just Joking on the name but still...

19. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

You know that godmode/invulnerability is propably going to be an available cheat, yes? Often ban is the only thing that works.

20. cvbbot

cvbbot Pangalactic Porcupine

Adding the commands is a player's own responsibility.
    If you decide to spawn in end-game (and end-game isn't even finished at beta) gear, then that's your decision and you probably spoiled it for yourself.
    And there will now and then be buggy issues where you lose an item (or anything) because of a stupid bug, and the smart player will want to get that item back, probably by using an admin command, just to make the game more enjoyable to himself instead of suffering from bugs.

Kn16h7 and Axe Garian like this.