18th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Swordfish?

2. Trixmay988

Trixmay988 Space Penguin Leader

I love you, Doctor!

tassina likes this.
  3. Trixmay988

I'm actually really interested in reading bug fixes. Whenever an update for Battlefield 3, Minecraft and Terraria, I always immediately go to see the bug fixes. I don't know why, I'm weird.

tassina likes this.
  4. Trixmay988

I'm growing impatient! I thought I could keep it contained but I'm struggling. I think I'll just come back to see if beta has released in September and if not, I'll comeback in December, and then April.

5. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

Random weird question, but what's i49? I googled it and all it gave me was an interstate in Louisiana. o.0

If it seems obvious, forgive my ignorance please and just tell me what the acronym stands for. :)

6. Trixmay988

What about it?

7. Prymael

Prymael Big Damn Hero

Not so much an acronym, and also easier if added the word insomnia to it, anyways the answer itself is that it's a gaming festival: http://insomniagamingfestival.com/

tassina likes this.
  8. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

Ahh, it's in the UK. No chance of my getting there any time soon then, since I'm nearer the whole NYC area thing. :)

Thanks!

tassina and Prymael like this.
  9. who885

who885 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I REALLY hope this means i can get my hands on the game after you show how awesome the game is at i49!

10. T-Bone Biggins

T-Bone Biggins Phantasmal Quasar

Patients are people in a hospital. Many of us just want an estimate that doesn't need to be exact but more precise than saying '2013'. A month estimate at least, this month, next month, December. Hell, currently there are people running around thinking the devs can't meet the 2013 release deadline, happened what two or three times now so what's another bunked release date?

11. Prymael

Prymael Big Damn Hero

You're welcome, I too had to find out with a bit of extra help after a somewhat fruitless search and am familiar with the interstate result, lol. NYC is a lot closer than me, what with being out in the northwest, but still understandable as far as being unable to make the festival.

tassina likes this.
  12. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So why would you want them to give a more specific release date if they have a history of screwing it up?
    Also, he said "Patience" not "Patients".....
    If troll 10/10
    If real 1/10

Prymael and tassina like this.
  13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

But patience is something else entirely. :rolleyes:

Prymael, riseoflegends and tassina like this.
  14. ExoSapien

ExoSapien Title Not Found

Keep it guys, you have worked hard, you should get a cookie shaped like a space whale!

Prymael, Svarr Chanston and tassina like this.
  15. Lord Hatty

I don't want them to keep it! :eek: I've waited too long for them to keep it! :oops:
    Haha, but I agree. They deserve space whale cookies. And then Molly gets a Space Bunny cake that she can viciously attack and devour. :giggle:

Prymael, Svarr Chanston and tassina like this.
  16. Sqwal

Sqwal Subatomic Cosmonaut

I swear they better not let people play Starbound at i49. that would be a HUGE f you to the people who pre-ordered the game that live in that area and cant afford a flight there or even the ones who have been stalking it for the past 2 years. .-. don't give us the middle finger like you did when you got the Releases wrong :/ </3

17. Lord Hatty

I understand you want to be able to play what they are going to be able to play, but understand this: Everything that they will get to play is everything Tiy has already streamed. They don't get any sort of special access other than the availability of playing a very minimal amount of the game. You're not getting ripped off, they payed money to go to the con just like how you payed money to preorder the game and they don't get much greater special treatment as they only have 3 days to play the game, and really no content that's especially exciting. It's all early game. And when the expo is over and they preorder the game they will go through the same torture that you're going through.

18. ExelicaTriggerheart

ExelicaTriggerheart Astral Cartographer

That remains to be seen though, for all we know they could be playing something close to beta. Either way I do feel pretty jealous and mad that the people at i49 will get the chance to play Starbound before the rest of us who can't attend it gets to...

Yeah, that's pretty fair right?

19. Lord Hatty

Tiy has actually announced on his streams that the version shown at i49 will be Tier 1 only. As in all the stuff that he's already shown us.

I do agree that I would like to play the game so freaking bad right now (So freaking bad :cry:), but I'm not gonna hate on the people that paid to be at the convention for getting a sneak peek. After all, just like us, they likely had to pay for plane tickets and stuff like that too.

All in all, however, I'm thinking that beta isn't that far out anyways, so I'm not to worried about a couple of people getting their mittens on Tier 1 before me :)

ExoSapien, Prymael and tassina like this.
  20. oblivion5683

oblivion5683 Big Damn Hero

i think he meant lan