12 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Dobriyzhyk

Dobriyzhyk Astral Cartographer

Hi all,are they will make progress in time Insomnia Gaming Festival.If you can answer please do it)

Piixel likes this.
  2. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

Hi Dobriyzhyk. I'm guessing you used Google translate. If you're asking if they'll make progress in time for Insomnia then...

Tip: Short sentences work better in Google translate.

The developers will make enough progress to show the game. At insomnia they can show what they want to impress people and not show the faulty bits.

Piixel likes this.
  3. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

From what I understood from the information I have gathered while browsing the forums: They will definitely show the game during the IGF thing. There is also a non-zero chance that we will also receive the beta then as well IF they manage to finish all stuff they want to include in the Beta by then.

Edit: Ninja'd

Piixel likes this.
  4. 2030

2030 Void-Bound Voyager

Micro dungeons sound very exciting! I like little things like that which makes underground caving more interesting. Traps also sound very cool! :)

Piixel and tassina like this.
  5. Pascal Simard

Pascal Simard Void-Bound Voyager

I dread the day there is a tree with mouth, and as you chop it down you hear it screaming... *shudder* or those trees with eyeballs... and they stare at you as you chop it down with tear drops of pain falling to the floor... "Sorry buddies, I need your wood to survive!"

6. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Why exactly? Is it so hard to imagine that there is plant life out there in the universe that has aspects of animal life? We have an entire race in the game that are sentient plants that can assimilate technology.

7. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Yeah..... that would be creepy as hell.... Though the "Sorry buddies, I need your wood to survive" part is generally not a sentence you should be saying out loud, as taken out of context it would, at the very least, earn you weird stares :p

Piixel, tassina and Crombo like this.
  8. Crombo

Crombo Void-Bound Voyager

Can't wait to take my Florans for the spin :D
    On the other hand, devs, don't rush the game, I would rather wait 6 more months than play a rushed beta :)

9. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

[​IMG]
    Ceci n'est pas une 'trap'.​

Piixel, tassina and killpay like this.
  10. dollvader

dollvader Void-Bound Voyager

Can't wait for eyeball tree gardens!

11. Vik_SMG

Vik_SMG Void-Bound Voyager

Great job guys!Keep it up!

12. Dobriyzhyk

Dobriyzhyk Astral Cartographer

I soo much thanks you at this information)I hope they will make beta in august)

Piixel likes this.
  13. Dtho_47

Dtho_47 Star Wrangler

12.08.2013:
    Beta soon. Here's a fruit.
    13.08.2013:
    Beta soon. Here's a beautiful screenshot.
    13.08.2014:
    Beta soon. Here's a video.

Enough to feed us!

14. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

Piixel likes this.
  15. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Small updates, a micro updates hrr..yep!

The trees...they are watching us...*shivers*

Well of course they are ! They have eyes !

Piixel likes this.
  16. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

Eye see what you did there. Branching out with our foliage, are we? Such things might elicit a hard stare from your average person. But the real question is, are those trees all bark and no sight?

Yeah, that was pretty corny...ah, I better leaf now.

SpiroExDeus, Piixel, tassina and 2 others like this.
  17. Shub

Shub Void-Bound Voyager

Very productive day! Gif attached.

[​IMG]

Piixel likes this.
  18. Sadeyx

Sadeyx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hmmm, eyeball trees..

Its not that I have anything against them, or brain tree's or finger tree's or whatever type of tree's they want to add.. but.. it doesnt give me the impression of 'randomness' they arnt random, or procedurally generated since it depicts an actual 'thing' and all those eye balls look the same!

Naturally tree's are fractal (as are most natural landscapes), different to each other.. like planets are! these eye balls kinda make them all look samey. sure you might have slightly different sizes and different colours but... even human eyes are all different shapes, sizes colours.

so unless there are thousands of different eyeball textures along with thousands of different brain textures then these gimmicky tree things will dis-illusion the sense of randomness,

land on new planet..
    "oh its another eyeball tree planet like the previous 10 planets except they have a slightly different shade this time..." ¬.¬

Piixel likes this.
  19. darklinkrulesHyrule

darklinkrulesHyrule Aquatic Astronaut

I'm loving all these different types of trees, they look really fun. Also, the microdungeons sound like a much-needed addition to make sure the underground isn't just all mining. This game just gets better every day, keep up the good work Chucklefish!

Piixel likes this.
  20. DevDog

DevDog Master Chief

See that's why I'm living in the eyeball forest.:DD
    And your getting done.....with beta?:saywhat:

Piixel likes this.